What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

No pipe this morning! What's wrong with me? Even dog-ter Teddi was giving me a strange look. But last night, it was Middleton Walnut while waiting for the train. When I got home, some CH in a mm cob. After dinner, while watching the Dodgers actually win one, I had two bowls on MB Honey & Chocolate. First one in a Bacca briar and the second in a large mm cob.

Thuber88, YAPPG, Lucky Duck and 17 others like this.
  2. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Tsuge Tankard smoked well and long today on walkabout and errands and gave out just before getting home, Warrior Plug was the smoke Levi and I are both very happy. :D

Thuber88, YAPPG, Lucky Duck and 19 others like this.
  3. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Sugar Barrel in a Rock Cob. I already drank all of the coffee. Feels like fall this morning and I like it.

Thuber88, YAPPG, Lucky Duck and 25 others like this.
  4. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Onto the PS LNF in my rusticated Rossi and after the CH last night and this morning, a VaPer is tasting even better than normal. Contrast is good for the soul.

5. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Another warm sunny day today, so staying with the Va blends, starting the day with Old Gowrie in the Iwan Reis made in Italy KS 111 straight grain billiard.

6. dBear

dBear Active Member

Man, the smell of Dockworker in the tin is so yummy I could just spread it on bread with peanut butter! But it's actually much better smoking in this Squatch Prince.

7. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

The chaos of getting the boy off to school has subsided, we're all cranky from a late night drive home from Ottawa so it was a relief to sneak out to the garden for a bulldog stuffed with Dark English Full and some coffee.

I'm really enjoying exploring these Virginia/Latakia/Oriental blends, amazing how each one I've tried is totally unique and how the same tobacco in different blends can express something totally different.

Back to work, desperately trying to wrap up a project, it's the last niggling bits of the whole thing which I find the easiest time of a project to procrastinate. So, if I keep reporting back what I'm smoking today someone tell me off. ;)

Here's a picture of my niece in Ottawa as we sat around burning leaves.
    [​IMG]

Thuber88, YAPPG, Lucky Duck and 22 others like this.
  8. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Settling down for the evening with a post prandial bowlful of Bosun Cut Plug in the straight Adsorba briar.

9. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Quit your slacking!

Speaking of slacking... Another bowl of Forg Morton on the Town in the Peterson 302.

10. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Which Virginia/Latakia/Oriental blends have you been trying? I'm really into those too and would like some others to try.

11. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Time to clean off shop table and start new
    but 1st
    a bowl of velvet in rock cob
    and a DR Pepper

:chug::puffy::puffy::puffy:

12. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Some Grousemoor Plug from 2005 in the Lacewood Egg.

YAPPG, Lucky Duck, User4408 and 18 others like this.
  13. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Yeah, I'd actually like to have a number of them in rotation, working toward discovering my favorites! I started with the Frog Morton blends and have steadily been working my way outward. So far I've tried and really love Frog Morton Cellar (just Virginia and Latakia but flavoured lightly), Frog morton (same but without the oak whiskey flavouring), FMOTT (this time V/L as well as Orientals), G, H and co Balkan Mixture (same as FMOTT but radically different in flavour), Presbyterian (Virginias and Orientals) and of course 5110 Dark English Full (Virginia, Lat and Orientals)

The ones I have in heaviest rotation right now is 5110, FMOTT and Balkan Mixture.

14. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Middletons Cherry Blend in the MM Legend

YAPPG, Lucky Duck, Smokey and 19 others like this.
  15. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

All tobaccos I haven't yet tried. I'm going to have to get my hands on some Frog Morton sometime soon...can I hold out till payday? We'll see...I really like Butera's Pelican and Pease's Kensington is good too. Old Ironsides has been one that gets better and better each time I smoke it. Balkan Sasieni is really great as well.

16. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Good evening, sawing up some Dark XX for the Alco with NOS sixties Irish made bowl, better make sure this knife goes back clean! - if she catches me with it - it's my a$$:eek:
    [​IMG]

17. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Burning leaves, our favourite pastime.

18. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

I see what you did there.

19. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

I've heard good things about those tobaccos as well!

20. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

It actually smelled very close to some of my favorite English blends! Until one of the kids through some plastic on and it smelled like an OTC cherry blend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.