What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Star of the East in the Ben Wade billiard

2. thedismaltrade

thedismaltrade Member

Pelican in a Savinelli

3. WharfRat

WharfRat Member

Sadly nothing...My mom said I can only smoke 2 or 3 times a week, and I've already exceeded the limit :(

4. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Elizabethan in a Weaver acorn, sippin' Buffalo Trace

5. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Atta boy. Goes good with tobacco AND scotch.

6. Dogman

Dogman Member

H&H Black House in the rusticated Boswell volcano scoop.

7. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Cards led the Dodgers 4-2 in the 8th. I'm now smoking Full Virginia Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog. My drink is ice water chilled to the proper temperature with award winning floaty li'l icebergs. The ice bergs are slightly jealous that I won the Rocktober prize this week, but they'll get over it. If not, they won't be here long enough to complain much anyway, so what the heck!!

8. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Congratulations Jim!

Just finishing this PS LTF in my MM Spool.

9. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Just do it in the bathroom with the fan on. She'll never know.

10. Eric

Eric Member

C&D Three Friars in an American Tanshell Canadian

11. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Don't be a puss.;):beck:

12. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

For my night cap I'm having my first taste of Kajun Kake in my gifted billiard, both tobacco and pipe from Mister P. Squared. I'm finally starting to be able to pinpoint what perique adds to the mix and I guess if I didn't get it with this one I'd be hopeless. Nice and spicy, peppery goodness. There's also a nice sweetness to this one which I suppose is from the Virginia. Gotta say, this is tasty and feels good in my nose on the exhale. I've got to look for this in my local shop along with the Pirate Kake I hear so much about.

Got a Yuengling by my side. You guys are rubbing off on me.

13. thedismaltrade

thedismaltrade Member

Dunhill NC in a Savinelli

14. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

Have that same knife and it is also good for 'maters from the garden and bread from the oven.
    ~ZM

15. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

GH Rum Flake in a Falcon with an Aliers Bowl with ice on the side. The floaty icebergs tried to pass themselves off as award winners but they just melted under the pressure. There is nothing worse than imposter icebergs.

16. Morse

Morse Active Member

After getting seriously behind on this thread I am caught up but I had to declare a moratorium on likes in order to do so. Had a nice dinner with Marker but no smokes since he brought a northern MN blizzard with him and the wind really was blowing 45mph.

Simon, I typically object on principal to sudden and unapproved avatar changes but Doctor HU is awesome - well done. But please refer all future requests for avatar changes to my office for review - thanks. Night folks

17. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Bayou Morning in the Barling Canadian. Cold Coke Zero in a can.
    Note to Inks. That orchestra joke is a hoot!

Morse, Thuber88, PipeSimmo and 16 others like this.
  18. JimInks

Working some and am part way through smoking Academy in a 1981 smooth full bend Mauro Series Two 315 p-lip that copies the Peterson system. More ice water to drink. Cards beat the Dodgers and now have a 3-1 lead in the series.

Memo to Morse: When Marker breaks brings wind, wear a windbreaker.

Morse, Thuber88, PipeSimmo and 17 others like this.
  19. Lpearce

Lpearce Member

Just smoked some Gawith Full Virginia Flake with my brother (codypearce on here, he was smoking Boswell's Christmas Cookie) while cleaning one of his recently acquired estates for him. Then I smoked Boswell's Chocolate Cream in the estate to see if I had done a good job cleaning it. Tasted like a slice of cake, so I guess I was successful!

20. JimInks

Careful now. Marker's a human wind instrument and may want to join the orchestra! :xd::poke:

For those who don't know what's YAPPG is yappin' about, he's referring to this joke I posted on my Facebook page:

An orchestra is playing Beethoven's 9th Symphony. There is a passage in the middle when, for about 20 minutes, the bass violinists have nothing to do. So they decide to slip out to a bar and drink a few beers. After a while one says, "Hey, we better get going."

But another says, "No, wait. I tied several pages of the conductor's sheet music together, so we'll have a couple of extra minutes while he sorts it out."

So they stay for another round. Finally when they go staggering back to their places. It was the bottom of the ninth, the score was tied, and the bassists were loaded.

Morse, Thuber88, PipeSimmo and 18 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.