What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

So close to wrapping up this little book after 3 years, maybe 2 more hours of work to go. In the meantime I'm having a bowl of Autumn Evening in my Brigham billiard with coffee on the side to keep me motivated. The jars been sitting next to me while I work the last hals hour and the smell is driving me nuts.

Very nice day here in Toronto.

2. dBear

dBear Active Member

Stay focused, Inky! Stay focused! :snork:

3. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

But there are so many distractions! :)

4. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Just had a nice bowl of Pelican in my Nording and now onto my first try of Walnut by Ogden's in my little Czechoslovak bent apple. First impression is that this is right up my alley. I like the stronger tobaccos and this is doing me right. I think it's the fire-curing I especially like though that might be my imagination.

I'm trying to read for my qualifying exams coming up, but am stuck with such an incomprehensible mess of a book right now that I might just move on. To bring me back to reality, I've been browsing pipes. Anyone else go through short-lived phases of intensely wanting a certain shape of pipe and then going completely off it just like that? I was certain a poker would be my next purchase, but I think I'm pokered out without even getting one. Then I was sure I just wanted a traditional shape, a nice straight billiard, but today I feel like I'm really a bent-stem kind of guy and should focus on those. Good thing I don't have enough money to pull the trigger whenever I see a good deal.

5. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

I'm about to smoke my second ever bowl of the amazing York-Shire Tobacco.
    Today I gave it a little bit more time to dry, sliced some nice sugar coated flakes of the pressed Lizard Tail Orinoco Virginia and also some of the Black Sea Basma Turkish leaf, in which the cake was wrapped.

Check out the sugar crystals:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Teddys York-Shire Tobacco - a Cake Tobacco made of Lizard Tail Orinoco Virginia and some Black Sea Basma Turkish for interest, in a Peterson Killarney with a pretty long stem - Thanks to Wicker Man and to Teddy, "The hardest workin' bear in the tobacco biz!" :)

[​IMG]

6. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Memo to Morse:
    I've totally forgotten to submit my request for the avatar change to your office for review. I promise this will not happen again. It just happened in the exuberance of passion to HU Tobaccos. Noted. :)

7. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Looks delicious. So does the pipe.

8. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

That´s one good looking pipe!

9. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

10. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Smoking a bowl of Frog Morton on the Town in the Brigham while signing up for sailing lessons.

11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Had to help the neighbors with a couple of things, and I can smoke at their house. I just finished Academy in a 1981 smooth full bend Mauro Series Two 315 p-lip that copies the Peterson system. And am going for the next smoke.

12. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Busy running errands all morning now sitting down for my first smoke, Old Gowrie in a Kaywoodie Bent Apple with a push stem. The pipe and the blend seem to be made for each other, a nice long, cool smoke with the sweet flavors of the Va coming through beautifully.

13. JimInks

Settled down now and waiting for Vin and the Dodgers to play the Cardinals at 4 EST. While I'm waiting and going through the mail, I'm smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1980s smooth slight bend Wally Frank Dublin. A bottle of Sprite is my drink.

14. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

GH Red Style in the
    Lost Bantam. Had to
    work a half day today
    for training purposes.
    I like the overtime though.
    An acceptable trade off
    for a four day weekend.
    Widmer Omission Pale Ale
    on the side.

15. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

POMOB 333 in a MM General. Moonshine.

16. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

You know I've put hundreds of cases of that stuff out and have never had one. Is it an acceptable pale ale?

17. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Pleased you like it :sh: as it looked like this 12 weeks ago
    [​IMG]
    then like this 6 weeks ago
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    and Smokable :msty:
    [​IMG]
    Todays batch was a 50 Lizard Tail Orinoco / 50 Black Sea Basma Block's :drly:
    [​IMG]
    and your the Official "Royal" Sampler :old: cheers :toast: Simmo

18. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

19. JimInks

Dodgers-Cards are about to start, and I've just started on this bowl of MacBaren Scottish Mixture in a smooth full bend 1977 Crown Coachman 215 egg (Charatan second).

20. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.