1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Well Done Bass!! Well done indeed.

2. thedismaltrade

thedismaltrade Member

Pelican in a savinelli 320.... Finally

3. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Inky, Ye have the makins of the Pyrate starter kit, Parrot and a stripped shirt. Now a clay pipe with some navy rolls to finish it. And don't drop the future piper there!! Precious cargo for sure!:gjob:

Morse, User3940, surlysoul and 13 others like this.
  4. Mycroft

Mycroft Member

That is on my to-buy list. Are all the 320s big bowled models? I almost pulled the trigger on one in Richmond.

5. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

MB Navy Flake in an Omega with some iced tea to drink. Then I am off to load the coffee pot and a Falcon full of SWR for the morning.

6. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Solid band practice complete. We may not be good ... but we are LOUD! :hbang:

Helping my ear drums recover with some Club Blend in the Dr. G. Cardinal billiard. No homework tonight, so an ice cold bourbon and iced tea is on the side.

7. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Tigers lead the Red Sox 7-2 in the 8th. I just finished smoking G&H Scotch Flake in a 2013 bent MM Missouri Pride Legend. Going for another smoke and drink.

8. JimInks

I'm now smoking Nutty Professor in a medium bend raw sienna toned early Radice sandblast egg with bamboo craving on the shank. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with melting li'l icebergs is my drink.

9. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Jackknife Plug in the Astas billiard

10. thedismaltrade

thedismaltrade Member

Yes and they are very nice smokers for the price in my newb opinion

11. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Enjoying some 70's Mac Baren Mixture ...

[​IMG]

in a monster Savinelli 315 EX ...

[​IMG]

I bought a 3-jet torch lighter last night for $4. After only one trial on its lowest setting, I retired it to the desk drawer. Clearly a weapons-grade implement.

However I brought it back out for the 315 EX. All it took was a quarter-second tap and the entire tobacco surface lit up like a bonfire. Well, this answers the question of how to get a quick light on a 315 or 316 EX. Checking the bowl rim immediately after ignition I was surprised to find that it was barely warm. Gotta be CAREFUL though! No casual lights with this baby. My cobs are shaking like aspens. But the Savs barely notice.

Morse, Thuber88, surlysoul and 23 others like this.
  12. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Charring Cross in a Falcon. Coke Zero is the drink of choice but Pg tips hot tea sounds good cause it's chilly tonight.

13. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

RY in a Stanwell tulip, along with some Buffalo Trace

14. Morse

Morse Active Member

Approved but NOT recommended

15. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

GH Bob's Square Cut in a Falcon with a Blasted Algiers bowl. I love this stuff! And, I'm lovin' this Falcon system! I need to get more bowls!

Oh, ice tea is my drink and I'm relying on Jim's imported icebergs to keep it at that "oh so perfect" drinking temperature!

16. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

20:45 Starting the day/night with Jack knife Plug in a cob with Kick Ass coffee, extra strong to get my eyes open.

17. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

I think I need to get the "stuff" behind me, pull the MMs and the CH and the PA out and get back to serenity. The fall has been a basic FUBAR and I need to get it together for fall fishing (what streams are not blown out) and ski season which has already opened at the high places. Still have two Goldens that need some field time as well.
    ~ ZM

18. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

I had my first taste of C&D Mississippi Mud in my Weber Picadilly from Ruffinogold. A buddy I hadn't seen in about eight years stopped by on his way home from the VA pipe show with it. He's a new pipe carver and had one to sell for $100, which I think was more than a fair price for such a big hunk of wood, but I didn't bite. I kind of regret it now, but it's pretty hard to part with so much cash. My wife would have had a fit. But once payday comes around I'm going to pick up one of his pipes whether that one or another. Even if it's not exactly my style, the fact that a friend made it is worth the price....kind of want to email him and say to just ship the darn thing.

19. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Well, I decided to wait until the game was over to have my smoke tonight after the disaster that was game 2 and it seemed to work. Tigers evened it up tonight. After OGS and ol gowrie all day I needed something with body and burley, so the altinok Canadian is topped off with a big bowl o of Kendal cream flake to a tigers victory smoke and it tastes good.

20. JimInks

Tigers showed, according to Pedro Martinez, that they were the Sox's daddy tonight. I've been working and am smoking Capstan Blue Flake in an early '70s pebble relief Savinelli 315 Prince. More ice water to drink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.