What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Getting ready to smoke 1980s Sir Walter Raleigh in a medium bend 2002 MM Legend cob. Amazing how long a baggie of tobacco can last when you smoke it out of a cob.

2. Albert

Albert Active Member

GLP Cumberland in a Huge Nording Freehand while I make my football bets for the weekend. Evan Williams straight up is making the picks I think....:dkn:

3. muddler

muddler Active Member

Cloudy morning here. Hoping for some rain. Just finished my first cup of joe. FVF in a GBD apple playing centre stage. The usual errands await me.

[​IMG]

4. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Left over POMOB 333 in the General. PG Tips.

5. JimInks

Quit work early, and am smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. Talking on the phone with an old buddy.

6. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Sydney was hot, windy and ringed in bush fires but it's cooler now so I'm about smoke a robbed out OGS flake (courtesy of SimonR) in a new MM CG.
    [​IMG]

7. JimInks

Relaxing before going to bed with a bowl of MacBaren Navy Flake in a 2013 slight bend grain etched briar Rekamepip Volcano with a walnut shank.

8. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

After three bowls of CH and one of Director's Cut courtesy of Snake and another of Union Square yesterday, I am starting the day with some Tree Mixture. Oh, and good morning one and all.

9. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Sucked down a PRM, strong and black, with some Christmas Cookie in the orig MM Diplomat with Wellington Forever Stem. Gave PRM #2 a workout whilst sipping on last nights Penzance in the Mizzou, left some there for a bit later, perhaps PRM #3 or 4. Heidi Ho there PSFer's........... :ccup:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  10. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

"In seven hours of continuous fighting, Swenson braved intense enemy fire, and willfully put his life in danger against the enemy's main effort, multiple times in service of his fallen and wounded comrades, his unit, his country, and his endangered Afghan partners. Displaying conspicuous gallantry at the risk of his own life and well beyond the call of duty, Swenson would be a most deserving recipient of the Medal of Honor."

http://www.army.mil/medalofhonor/swenson/profile.html

Swenson’s awards and decorations include, the U.S. Army Parachutist Badge, the Ranger tab, the Combat Infantryman Badge, Bronze Star (2 Oak Leaf Clusters), the Purple Heart, the Army Commendation Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, The Iraq Campaign Medal with two campaign stars, the Afghanistan Campaign Medal with one campaign star, the National Defense Service Medal, the Army Service Ribbon, the Overseas Service Ribbon (Numeral 2 device) and the NATO Medal.

http://myfox8.com/2013/10/15/medal-...ved-gunfire-to-retrieve-bodies-of-the-fallen/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_D._Swenson

God bless you. [​IMG]

In Greece they told us that has been a 2 years delay for the award because Swenson has the guts to accuse some of his superiors after the battle for "obstructionist" and "ineffectiveness".

Today 2 bowls of Cornell and Diehl Cordial and an espresso for this brave US Soldier! [​IMG]

11. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

What Snorking or Wicker :msty:

[​IMG]

12. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Davidoff Scottish Mixture in a Savinelli Toscana 122 ...

[​IMG]

Morse, Wicker Man, Thuber88 and 20 others like this.
  13. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Cracking on with another bowl of Tree Misture and another bucket of coffee in an effort to kick my head in to touch.

14. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Smoking
    [​IMG]
    and off out with Mrs Wicker for the Day, so I'll leave PSF in peace
    [​IMG]
    for awhile anyway

15. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Penzance is now a memory, the lump followed me down and I fed Levi then we went for ablutions so I made PRM #4 when we returned, he to lump status upstairs on my bed and I fired up some 7 y/o Anni Kake in the Mizzou, next to the last bowl in this pouch, only have about 2 lbs left of this cellared, sigh.

16. JimInks

Since the sun will rise soon, I thought this to be an appropriate smoke before I go to sleep. Sunrise Smoke in a 1949 medium bend Dunhill Shell. Suzy and Molly must agree because just as I was lighting up, they came into the room. I'm sure it's because they wanted to be fed and not because of my choice of tobacco. But I'll take the illusion and run with it and pretend any anyway! ;) And of course, I'll feed them!! See ya folks later.

17. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

3 Oaks Syrian, in a blasted pot.

18. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Top of the Morning,

17 October and the windows are still open at chez Berg. 57F this morning, with a beautiful full moon. I smoked Penzance that Marker gave me, in a pipe that Spill gave me. Said tobacco was tamped down with a lovely tamper that OT gave me.

One of you pikers needs to send me some matches, I'm sick of having to buy my own.

19. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

I'd send you some matches but then who you going to get to smoke the pipe and drink the Super Cold Blue Mountain Coors Light, hmmm? [​IMG]

20. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

You bring up a good point, Sante, someone should buy me some beer as well.

And when you send the matches, send Vestas, I'd hate for you to cheap out on me.:booty:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.