What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Was rummaging through a I can't get rid of this stuff drawer for some CR123 rechargeable batteries and the charger when I found a brand new unsmoked MM Diplomat that I got at a yard sale that didn't have a stem or the little metal end cap. Never throwing things out I think I can use I went upstairs and picked up a stem and end cap I put aside from a MM Cob that burned out, the end cap fit but the stem was far too loose so I removed the plum Forever Stem from the MM Mizzou and it fit like a dream, filled it up with Boswell's Christmas Cookie and gave it its maiden smoke with a PRM on the side.

Helped my neighbor fix his antique black cast cook stove as the damper wasn't working right, finished the pipe about the same time I got the damper all good to go.

Came home and had a nice sliced chicken sandwich on a multigrain baguette with mayo, baby spinach leaves and fresh garden tomato slices with potato salad and a roasted squash salad.

Went outside and loaded up the Falcon International with Old Dark Fired Flake, yummy! Now I need another PRM....

[​IMG]

Anyone know if the Falcon International takes regular Falcon bowls or are they model dependent?

Got an order from Pipes&Cigars of 24 ozs of Scotch Flake and ordered a Tortoise Forever Stem from Walker Briar Works for the MM Diplomat or maybe the MM Mizzou, will figure it out when it gets here as to which looks better on which pipe.

[​IMG]

:beck:

2. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Having some Classic Burley Kake in the little pipe I made yesterday with the last of the Maxwell House. Thinking of getting ready for work....well, after this bowl. And a little more reading. And maybe one more cup.

3. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

After a good dose of Director's Cut earlier courtesy of Comrade Snake, I'm now indulging in a post prandial treatment of BCP

4. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

McCranie's Red-ribbon in the Hattfield Cutty.

5. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Next pipe is what I call war of the worlds since I'm smoking WW II vintage Three Nuns in a WW I built Dunhill Shell Billiard with real Ivory Spot, heading down to brew an Ethiopian Yirgagcheffe for the PRM. :D

6. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Golden Extra in the MM Patriot with homemade iced coffee on the side.

7. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Everybody let me sleep in, but when I awoke, Molly started calling for me to play with her. I started walking down the wall, and she jumped on my leg, meowing and purring. Suzy started walking with me, to and I figured maybe they wanted to eat, but no, they just wanted to see me. That was cool! So, I just finished smoking A Taste of Summer in a straight 2012 MM Mizzou cob. Going for a new drink (old one was Simply Orange) and a new smoke).

8. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

I left the Falcon in the truck at lunch, but luckily I have a Peterson System 31 here in my desk. It is now loaded with GH Dark Flake Scented.

9. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

here you go http://www.smokingmetal.co.uk/pipe.php?page=103

10. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Stormy must be wearing sneakers because he was here earlier and I didn't hear him make a sound! So, I'm smoking Wessex Dark Flake in a brown rusticated slight bend 1982 Savinelli Non Pareil 99 Dublin with a lucite ferrule and stem. A can of 7-Up is my drink. Getting ready for a new work day, and the baseball playoffs.

11. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Thanks, they only show one series of bowls and two series of pipes with them so I can rightly assume all the bowls fit, I will now be on the lookout for a block Meerschaum bowl, not a briar bowl lined with Meerschaum but a solely Meerschaum one which I understand are extremely difficult to find.

12. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Taking a late walk in the rain with mr Huybrecht and some Capstan (blue tin).

13. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Haven't had a pipe since Tuesday night. Open wounds in my mouth, now infected, makes smoking seem like a bad (and painful) idea. Wife (long time nurse) picked up some meds for me today. See if Ican at least have ONE pipe tonight.

14. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Heel first and good luck.

15. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Hope it works out ok!

16. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Spent all day playing with the Harley. Changed some things around, removed some unnecessary parts (just safety stuff). Thinking about repainting it and putting some taller bars on.

Anywho, I'm smoking HU Nashville County in a bent falcon and drinking a Fat Cat IPA. I'll be good and toasted before the meeting, which is alright since we're a beer company. We actually get to drink free beer during these things. Not too shabby.

17. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Wife hired a cleaner (between the newborn, the four year old and me working full time I guess something had to give) so I'm hiding from her out back, still working and puffing on a bowl of Balkan Mixture.

18. Eric

Eric Member

G.L. Pease Navigator in an American Bent Tanshell

19. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Basil, we shall indeed induct you into the procrastinators society tomorrow or maybe Saturday or maybe...

20. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG] send your Bitch out for some
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.