1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Latakia night is starting with my current pet lat blend: Ashton's Artisan's Blend in the Trevi billiard

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to the all knowing, all seeing :nwor: Flatbush Paul, I'm smoking Medium Virginia Flake in a 2002 black pebble finish straight Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano Billiard. Paul sure knows his pipe tobacco! Cards lead the Red Sox 4-2 in the 9th.

3. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Was studying for my Tax Law midterm and listening to the World Series on the radio. Rosenthal struck out the side in the 9th and the Sox lost :(

Recuperative Golden Extra in the MM bent Washington before bed.

4. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Translating 'strand' as 'beach' is a UK thing, something that mystifies us here in the US as well ... at least the first time we hear it. We Yanks use 'strand' to mean anything string-like, like thread or a piece of spaghetti. Very similar to the German actually. You say DNA-Strang, and we say DNA-strand.

But I'm not stranded as far as tobacco goes ... currently wallowing in a heap of MB Mixture Scottish Blend, blazing away in a Sav 316 EX.

BTW, Simmo, congrats on that Foundation pipe ... absolutely beautiful shape and finish!

5. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Ok, sorry for the useless post back there. No real change here. Smoking some of this:

[​IMG]

In a 1962 group 4 Dunhill Shell billiard. Oh yeah. Doesn't get much better than this.

6. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Yeah, it sounded like the media was jumping the gun here. Also, I find it hard to imagine the President is directly involved with the uniforms. I remember when Bush was in they banned sleeve tattoos...

7. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

PSF is back up! I'm going to bring in this new day with some PS LNF in my Rossi to celebrate :banana:

8. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Started the day with Navy Rolls in a bent Sav with hot black coffee on the side.

9. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I was in the Navy when Regan had the Navy change back to WW2 style uniforms [ dixie cup covers etc ] . The prez is the commander of the armed forces and he can change a uniform and give the go ahead for a nuke strike too , imagine that .. lol

I hope this is more accurate than what I read . I was so pissed last night I couldnt even hang out here at the forum . I know one thing is for sure ... I wouldnt wear the damned things . They looked like a proper cover [ thats a hat for all you other guys ] for HR Puff in Stuff or maybe the UN . There were pictures of men and women in full dress uniform wearing the covers , which was the thing that makes/made me believe it was on the up and up

It's 31 degrees :eek: We should be done with the Railroad Tie retaining wall by lunch , thank the Lord . Rocktobering with my Rockcob with SWR and coffee

[​IMG]

oorah

10. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Well, I've got my fingers crossed for you. Hope it's not true.

11. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Julie left me alone with Thomas (2 months old now) so I'm standing outside watching him through the widow and enjoying my bent bulldog stuffed with McC's Dark English Full.

12. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Got home from work last night expecting a good night of smoking and baseball. Ate dinner and fell right off to sleep. Woke up during the middle of the 9th. So this morning I made up for the smoking. A mm CG cob filled with CH, followed by a mm cob filled with Middleton Walnut. My body feels much better!

13. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

the Bear likes your Avatar, he's found a new buddy :buds:
    [​IMG]

14. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

I put the last of my PipeSimmo McCelland Bombay Extra and HU Joschis Oriental Sunrise into the mixing bowl with some of the latest Teddy's York-Shire Tobacco Plantation mix gave them a stir and I'm mid way through a bowl now :puffy: in the Duncan Delta
    [​IMG]
    and :thu2: Finish this, then I'm off to cut up anything that's Coloured in the Barn ready for another Pressing session, catch you up later :toast:

15. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Glad to see we're back up and running. Guess Woody learned his lesson not to fool with Mr. Wooly and the Saint Bernard! Well, let's see... I've smoked a bunch of bowls of pipe tobacco, and my last smoke was 1980s Sir Walter Raleigh in a medium bend beater 1979 Aalborg natural freehand made by Nording. Think I'll go for Mid-1920s Half and Half in a tan etched medium bend 2001 Rinaldo Sahara 2 Acorn round at the shank, pointy at the opposite top. Time for some Simply Orange to go with some pecan twirls.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  16. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Woohoo, we're back! Good afternoon folks. And to celebrate our return to the Promised Land, I am having my first taste of Elizabethan Mixture in my now VaP dedicated Adsorba bent briar.

17. zacROK

zacROK Member

Celebrating my 100th post, nothing to brag but a milestone for me, and mourning the loss of my beard.
    Got a bowl of Charter Hall in my 2013 Kaywoodie PSF POY and a White Russian for these events, respectively.
    It has been a long but productive week. I am glad its Friday night for me.

18. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Prince Albert in a Dr plum Canadian. Coffee on the side. Good morning all. Happy Friday!

19. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Tuning in, turning on, and dropping out :hip1: with an utterly mind-roasting bowl of Mac Baren Halberg Red in a Cavicchi ...

[​IMG]

This blend is from another planet ... where tobacco leaves have no imperfections. This stuff is so beautiful, so subtly fragrant and flavorful it makes the high end Larsen tobaccos look like floor sweepings from the Mixture 79 factory.

Maybe it's because I had such low expectations, given that I can't stand Mac Baren Cube Silver. Admittedly Cube has super high quality tobacco, but it's WAY over the top in aroma. Whereas the Halberg Red is just plain luscious, and smells a bit like bread pudding made with rich, high butterfat cream.

20. dBear

dBear Active Member

Starting off this wintry Friday morning with Rekamepip's Sinphony II in the black Rock Cob. It's currently 13 degrees below freezing (37F) but sunny. A good day to stay inside and look through the window.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.