What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conroygc

conroygc Member

H. Veermaster in a Peterson pot

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Now smoking Rekamepip's Pressed October Blend in a 2013 slight bend grain etched briar Rekamepip Volcano with a walnut shank. Bet this stuff would sell great in the open market! Time to buy some tobacco and machinery, Dr. Dust!!

3. slimpickings

slimpickings Member

well hurt may knee at work yesterday so im home all day with my pipes having coffe with cream sugar and brandy to start things off nutty cut in my dr grabow savoy its a nice morning... bought a sweet pipe stand with an awesome humidor and six pipes most are nothing special it appears but one falcon hiding in the mix a real falcon too not one of the other metal falcon like knock offs so i gladly pushed my bid up pretty high kinda got a little carried away didnt notice $15 shipping charge but hey a flacon 5 other pipes and a stand with humidor for $50 so what good score if you ask me

4. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

:bing::bing::bing::bing::bing::bing::ccup::ccup::ccup::ccup::ccup: Walkabout went well, took 3 cobs to make 5 rounds, wasn't sure this would still be up. Good morning PSFer's, now having another PRM getting ready for acupuncture session. Rocktoberfest continues............

5. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

I'm smoking Gawith & Hoggarth's Rum Flake in my Amphora. Pretty tasty, but I think I prefer to Va/Bur without any topping. Still not nearly as sweet as I was expecting, and that's good for my tastes.

And...USPS tracking says my new ROCK COB should arrive today! I hope it gets here in time to test it out before I leave for class, otherwise I'm going to have to be like an old school prof puffing away at the lectern! ...which may be my last lecture!

6. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Been working on my site, redoing some things and fixing others. Time for some Field Master in an old Medico with more coffee.

7. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] Good morning, Good people. Great to be back! Trudged through the snow and picked the rest of the unripe produce: time to pickle the peppers and cherry tomatoes. Burleyed-up this morning and now enjoying SG Kendal Cream in a Stanwell vanilla.

8. marshallmax

marshallmax Member

[​IMG]
    smoking some C&D Cairo in my 'chubby' Jirsa. DELICIOUS!

9. dBear

dBear Active Member

Moved on to Peretti Midnight in the Kaywoodie PSF POY 2013. The coffee disappeared quickly on this cold morning, so I'm brewing up extra.

Hey Basil - the new site looks great! And I'm really liking that small Bing.

10. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Sweet Beef! you and I will both have rockcobs by the end of the day. Rock on!

11. Morse

Morse Active Member

Morning PSF. Best part about working from home..............smoking at "work". Syrian Star in the RockCob, thanks to a generous sample from Mediumdun. a big mug of PG Tips on the side

12. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Been smoking Borkum Riff in my small Zavvas briar. Mostly. And Dark Twist Roll Cake in another Zavvas. In a bit of a rush just now. Packing my bag and then off to Ă…land and the GF. Already packed Borkum Riff and a Zavvas. Huybie, of course, is tagging along.

13. Basil Meadows

Thanks, love the shape of a Bing! And that one weighs less than an ounce.

14. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Like the new website Basil! Made me want to buy a pipe so I did! :D

15. Basil Meadows

Yep! Thanks! Just getting it packed and ready to drop in todays mail. I'll send your tracking number later today. Devil Anse is a fun shape to make.

16. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Can't wait for that Devil Anse. Going to smoke nothing but lat based blends in it. I'm proud to own it!

17. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

The retaining wall is complete . Crazy busy day of outdoor chores in the cold and a Halloween party tonight ... My kitten , Sasieni , is in major hyper mode and just chased it's tail and rolled off the couch .. lol . I just remembered I have to buy fire starters , yes .. I'm one of those people because it's to damn easy using them ! That means a trip to town and a visit to a Hardware store ... that should take most of the day :beck: So , now that I've figured a way out of working outside .... China Black Fire Cured in a Savinelli Dry System for the ride . I'll reward myself with an espresso when I get home and another pipe bowl

18. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Thomas fussed for a good hour straight so it was massive relief to get out in the garden for a smoke.

G H and Co Balkan Mixture in the Brigham rusticated apple. The Balkan Mixture tastes radically different in the apple than any other pipe I've smoked it in, no sweetness at all and some different flavours I can't quite place are noticeable.

19. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Site looks fantastic!

20. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Smoking my brand new ROCK COB! Thank you, rekamepip! Especially for the tobacco he sent along with it! The pipe is smoking great right out of the box and the tobacco is really tasty too. I can tell now this pipe and I are going to become good pals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.