What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

On the front porch sharing some fine second hand smoke with the neighbors, courtesy of McC 5100 in an Edwards flame grain Canadian. Finally have found a blend that is well suited to this pipe.

2. dBear

dBear Active Member

Double like!

3. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

I shouldn't have read this. Because it is reminding me that mine is sitting in a box at the house waiting for me. I am not usually a clock watcher at work, but this day is starting to move real slow now.

Anyway, this larsen full o villiger late night should help to pass 40 minutes or so.

4. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] Time to get the butt in gear and run some errands. Don't wanna. I know, stuff cob /PA and get.

5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Needed something different as I try to move around with some coherency: Top Shelf in a smooth straight late 1970s Tinderbox Selected Grecian Briar Dublin. Waiting for the brown truck and the USPS.

6. kb7get

kb7get Member

Molto Dolce in a MM Hardwood while watching Machete Kills. Both just fit the mood for this film.

7. dBear

dBear Active Member

Loaded up AJ's VaPer (thanks, FishNBanjo!) in the Falcon. Now back to work.

8. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Didn't you just get an urgent phone call?? Something you need to attend to? A matter of your personal health and well-being?

9. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Well, I guess today is going to be a write off work wise. That's fine, I knew there'd be days like this with a newborn. In any case I don't know how many more beautiful days we'l be getting like this before Winter sets in.

Autumn Evening in the Brigham billiard with a side of coffee.

[​IMG]

10. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Just keep rubbing it in.:bangin:

11. muddler

muddler Active Member

Last pipe of the evening is Esoterica Dunbar in a Pete Deluxe 9s - a big pipe & ideal for a long, slow smoke.

[​IMG]

12. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

MacBaren Virginia #1 in a late '90s half smooth/half etched freehand sitter, medium bend Nielsen Viggo. A bottle of Sprite is my drink. Brown truck came and I got books, which was fine, but nothing else. Oh well...

13. Albert

Albert Active Member

Three friars in a cob.... Hello weekend!!!!

14. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Thanks MentorBV for explaining the strand thing. And thank you also for your congrats on the foundation pipe, I'm very happy with it. It really smokes great. I also would like to thank you once again for the tobaccos you sent me, I'm gonna smoke some Perettis BPC as a post dinner bowl in said pipe now. Yummy stuff. :toast:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  15. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Thanks to JimInks i am smoking another computer

along with a bowl of Top Shelf in Rock Cob
    :dkn:

16. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Had a smoke of Squadron Leader in the Rockin' Black rock Cob with Black Bamboo Shank and black and amber Forever Stem, came home and had a PRM of Ethiopian Yirgagcheffe then filled the MM Bent Country Gentleman with Squadron Leader and brewed another PRM of Ethiopian Yirgagcheffe, sadly this is the last of the Ethiopian but there's 3 more new ones to enjoy in the weeks ahead, happy Rocktoberfest!

[​IMG]

17. dBear

dBear Active Member

Now it's Alsbro Gold (thanks, JimInks!) in the Rekamepip bark rusticated walnut cone. And back to work yet again.

18. sorringowl

sorringowl Purveyor of PAAD

GLP Westminster (one of my favorite blends) in an old Pete Donegal 69 (one of my favorite pipes). Sipping some Competition Grade Bud Pu-erh Tea I got from a Tea Room I took my girlfriend to in Old Town Pasadena. Good, earthy brew for a good, earthy blend.

19. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Early afternoon smoke is McC 5110 dark English blend in a GBD Prehistoric pot. This is my first bowl of this blend, as I just bought a couple of ounces to try. This is one nice blend and easily fits the category of an all day smoker. Will be ordering more in the future.

20. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Sipping on some Seven Seas Gold in the Irwin S. Cobb Cob, getting mighty raw out and tonight they have a Freeze Warning rather than a Frost Warning, when this happens it usually signals the end of the growing season when frost warning cease then they wait for snow forecast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.