1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

See what happens when you hang out with bikers? Now you're both talkin like weirdos.

2. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

No kidding. I thought that a year or two was "aged".

3. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Went to visit my Dad after work for a nice visit. He gave me his pipes a few years ago and I have never thought to ask him what tobacco he smoked. So I finally asked him. He told me it was "Flying Dutchman." He thinks it came in a blue tin. I asked him if he smoked anything else and he told me he tried Prince Albert but hated it. Think I'll smoke a bowl of Father Dempsey in one of his pipes. Not sure of the maker but it was made in Belgium and has an acrylic bowl and it is meer lined. Great smoker! This was one pipe that stood out to me when I was a kid cause I thought it looked cool. You Ladies and Gents have a fine fine PSF evening!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  4. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

It's been almost two weeks since my last pipe, but my cold is totally gone and my sinuses are clear, so I'm up for some more! I've got some Elizabethan Mixture in my Julius Vesz Birthday Dublin and a pint of Wellington Imperial Russian Stout (8% ABV). Should be good out on the cold balcony!

[​IMG]

5. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

It's been a long work week, and I still have one day to go. After a bowl of the last of the University Flake I received from cigarsarge I'm winding down with a bowl of CH in the MM Spoolcob. Washing it down with a bottle of Anchor Liberty Ale.

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Part way through smoking Wessex Dark Flake in a brown rusticated slight bend 1982 Savinelli Non Pareil 99 Dublin with a lucite ferrule and stem. Ice water properly chilled with floaty il icebergs who appreciate DBear's earlier concern about not being used to cool down my hot tea, but they weren't, uh, sweating the omission.

Lucky Duck, Morse, Rockbass and 21 others like this.
  7. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

That's Brown Flake Scented and I am still smoking it.

8. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Ah! We just both loved the name.

9. cdymora

cdymora Member

Frog Morton in a brier churchwarden and some hot tea to ward off the cold... :puffy:

Lucky Duck, Morse, Rockbass and 18 others like this.
  10. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Lovely pipe! Glad you're feeling better! There was something nasty tearing through the city a few weeks ago.

11. thedismaltrade

thedismaltrade Member

MacBaren Vanilla Cream in a cob

12. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Yeah, it sucked, though I'm not sure whether I picked it up in Chicago, or already had it when I got there. Either way, it's good to be back on top of the world :D

Lucky Duck, Morse, Rockbass and 15 others like this.
  13. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Some more Mac Baren Halberg Red Label in a Ben Wade Apple, which can easily double as a Tomato ...

[​IMG]

This pipe tastes better when it's an Apple though. I don't think it's psychological.

14. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Is that an English made, Brogue, by chance?

For me it's G.L. Pease Sextant in a bent, rusticated, Italian egg.

15. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Yes indeed it is ... very well spotted, Sir. I love this pipe, which was very reasonably priced. And it feels so good in the hand I never want to set it down.

Still huffing on the luscious, mildly fragrant Halberg Red Label ... my favorite tobacco ... this week.

Lucky Duck, Morse, Rockbass and 19 others like this.
  16. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Working and now smoking McCranie's Red Ribbon 1983 in a 1983 three quarter bend medium brown Ascorti KS Business Dublin. Listening to the news on the XM.

Lucky Duck, Morse, Rockbass and 18 others like this.
  17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

First and only smoke of the day, the dregs of last night's Artisan's Blend in the bottom of my Trevi billiard, mostly filled with Consummate Gentleman. I'm almost to the Artisan's Blend, though, and it's getting heavier as a result. These are two very good blends. I recommend Ashton tobaccos.

18. dBear

dBear Active Member

Last smoke before bed is Peretti Royal Blend in the Squatch Scoop.

[​IMG]

Lucky Duck, Morse, Rockbass and 23 others like this.
  19. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Thank you as well. That is a fantastic pipe. I have a small collection of Brogues. That looks like a Prince shape. But it could be the angle of the photo that gives me that impression. I have a Prince that was destined to be a Brogue, no doubt it was. However, it is marked "Reject London Made" due to a small, but obvious, fill. I envy you for that one my friend. Nice, indeed. Kudos.:puffy:

20. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Earlier I had Solani ABF in a Castello Great Line Dublin with Ethiopian Amaro black coffee made in a Press. Fabulous combo! Then I treated myself with FVF from 1999 in a Dunhill Group 6 Ring Grain Billiard with fresh brewed Earl Grey ice tea with imported floaty little icebergs from the JimInks Ice Works Co. Somehow they manage to keep your' drink at the perfect drinking temperature. Then I had HH Vintage Syrian thanks to JimInks in a Davorin Morta Bent Half Tulip with the remainder of the ice tea. Those icebergs were still floating! I don't know how that damn dog gets them to do that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.