1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Smoking my new home blend of AJ's Va/Per, Bayou Morning and Briar Fox in a Falcon. Equal parts, very good mix. Coke Zero in a can.

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to FishnBanjo, I'm smoking G&H Scotch Flake in a 2013 bent MM Missouri Pride Legend. Getting low on the trade sample now, and guess Ill have to buy some one of these days, along with Bob's Square Cut. Coffee heated to the proper temperature is my drink.

3. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Ah that's rough news! Gonna be a long weekend, but all the better when you finally get your hands on that bad boy. If it makes you feel any better, I've smoked mine like 50 times already.

4. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Smoking on some LBF courtesy of rondel65 after a fun time at a friends bonfire party. Thanks Ron.

5. JimInks

Back to drinking properly chilled ice water with floaty li'l icebergs carved by the softest hands of the loveliest young nubiles known to exist. I'm now smoking Briggs Match in a 1970s medium bend smooth Ben Wade Golden Walnut. Have a little more work to do as I listen to old radio shows.

6. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Having some Sutliff Field Master in the little clincher with some Jim Beam 7 to help the sand man out.

7. muddler

muddler Active Member

Yet another beautiful, fresh morning after a bit of a thunderstorm last night. Great weather for our little patch of garden. I'm puffing on some local Mild Mixture in a GBD New Standard.

[​IMG]

8. JimInks

Still working, still drinking ice water, and listening to old radio shows. Thanks to Flatbush Paul, I'm about to light up Chief Catoonah Princes Street in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl.

9. User4408

User4408 Active Member

What ho, Simmo!

I put your question by telephone to my good pal Bertie Wooster. Who, predictably unable to arrive at anything resembling an answer, put it forthwith to his manservant Jeeves.

"I say, Jeeves, when referring to Dunhill pipes, does one say Dunny with a 'y' or Dunnie with an 'ie'?"

After what can only be described as a lengthy, discomfiting, and decidedly audible throat clearing, Jeeves replied that:

"Any reputable pipe of superior manufacture, bearing the trademark White Spot, is referred to properly as a Dunhill, Sir."

Sent chills up my spine, I must say. Fortunate indeed that I was not on hand to experience first hand the full horror of that throat clearing.

So, Simmo, in future, no more DH, Dunny, or Dunnie for me. Dunhill it is. Paying that much for a pipe entitles one to the extra letters.

Esoterica Kingsbridge in a Dunhill Tanshell Bent Dublin ...

Lucky Duck, Morse, Kayla and 20 others like this.
  10. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Tree Mixture! Falcon! Coffee! Pleasure!

11. JimInks

Last smoke before sleep is MacBaren Virginia #1 in a late '90s half smooth/half etched freehand sitter, medium bend Nielsen Viggo. Suzy is laying by my side, and Molly's somewhere in the house causing mischief. She's batting around a catnip toy, and Suzy's getting interested in what's going on, so I expect her to get up and go check out the action any moment now.

Lucky Duck, Morse, Rockbass and 16 others like this.
  12. Pipe Matt

Pipe Matt Member

Love that pipe. :)

Morse, ChristTiger, dBear and 7 others like this.
  13. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

14. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Couple of days at Teddy's York-Shire Tobacco :bag:

15. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Watch the end bit :xd:

16. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Started the day with the PipeSimmo samples/Teddy's Yorkshire mix in the BBB Bulldog
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    that busy shredding yesterday I didn't bake any Bread :doh: so looks like Pancakes or Waffles for breakfast :th1::drly:

17. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Not sure what to do with myself today, whether it's go out for a walk and get some shopping in or just stay in and smoke my face off. The only way I can possibly come to a decision is to mull over it by striking up another bowl of Tree Mixture and enjoy the Wickerfest that appears to be unfolding around me.

19. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Morning coffee in 1liter clay stein and granger pipe tobacco in my pipe

an early morning routine cursed by codgerism

20. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Told you so!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.