What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User4408

User4408 Active Member

What priceless, elegant writing! Thanks for posting it. You've inspired me to break out my copy of Bertrand Russell's In Praise of Idleness, which I haven't read in years.

Having just read BL's excellent review of Tree Mixture over on TR, I'll dabble in a bit of latakia now with some Mac Baren Latakia Blend in a Cavicchi Rusticated Author ..

2. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]
    No Takers....

We got rained out, try again next week.

3. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Starting out with some Penzance in a Rock Cob. I need to start working on year-end things today, but my wife made me a great breakfast and I am ready to go. I hope to start packing this afternoon for an overnight bike trip next weekend. Life is good.

4. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Yep, this is my favorite time of year in the Southwest. Cool enough in the morning for a sweatshirt, then warms up enough for a t-shirt and shorts without being uncomfortably hot. Now if we just had bodies of water I would probably stay here. Just finished a bowl of vanilla cav in my newly dressed Molina bent. I actually loaded the bowl last night then forgot about it so it was sitting on the bench waiting for me this morning. I think I just may load a bowl at night for the morning. Smoked better than I ever remember it smoking. Or maybe it was the Molina which are good smokers.

5. dBear

dBear Active Member

Got a Dunhill Flake going in the Squatch Lean Volcano. Still working on the coffee.

[​IMG]

6. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

that looks like a hair thin flake :cfsd: :msty: enjoy :rolleyes:

7. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] I have the most wonderful clock in the smoking room, that runs perfectly, chimes faithfully on the hour and every quarter hour. This clock, however, cannot tell "correct time". For years I have religiously changed its batteries, just to hear the music of the chimes. It was only two hours off this morning, when I started with the Bullett cob and a mix of PA&5 Bros. Good Sunday, Good people.

8. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

it's hard work watching the Bear at Teddy's York-Shire Tabacco process
    [​IMG]
    strip out the main stem the shred with herb scissors, it made me hungry just watching
    [​IMG]
    and smoking what ever was being shredded at the time in my BBB Bulldog, York-Shire Lizard Tail Orinoco and the wires with the string tag York-Shire Black Sea Basma

9. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Good Morning,
    GH Dark Plug XX in a Cellini Slightly Bent Billiard. Thanks OT, now I have another tobacco that I can't get here! This is fabulous! Anyone who lives on that side of the Pond should be smoking this. Deep flavor, a good nic hit, great plug! Grrrrr! How am I gonna get more?

OT's pkg of HATE will be going out this week with another European pkg to Germany I wonder who that is? He's waited long enough.

Happy Sunday Smoking,
    Paul

10. highstump

highstump Active Member

If only they had called it Frog Morton in the Attic.
    CC of the 2002 variety in the very first pipe I got off eBay. A Peterson 301 with more fills than my 60+ year old teeth.

11. Morse

Morse Active Member

MBV, glad to hear you like the Halberg. I picked up one of each when they were first introduced over the summer but have not given them the attention they deserve. I recall enjoying the few bowls I had though.

12. Morse

Morse Active Member

We are in the process of watching Jeeves and Wooster on DVD at the moment - the voices of Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry are echoing in my head as I read that - clearly the correct answer too.

13. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I'm still waiting on that sample of HOC tobacco, lol, forgot which one it was. No worries, tho, I haven't gone and ordered any for fear the site was still hacked. Have you been able to get in and out of there?

14. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

As soon as I get dressed Saturday and Sunday mornings, Teddi takes that as the sign we are going out for our morning run. So can't disappoint her! Or me! So filled the Dr. Grabow Savoy with Middleton's Walnut and we both enjoyed this beautiful Fall morning.

Miller319, inkybat, Morse and 13 others like this.
  15. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Good Sunday Morning all! Bayou Morning in a Falcon. Pg tips teain the mug to take the chill off these stiff old bones this morning.

16. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Melorning everyone! It's been a very busy last couple of days, and I've got a couple things on the agenda for today as well. I've missed you guys though, so I'm on page 222 reading my way forward. Congratulations on 100 posts zacRok! I'm DGTing some Dunhill Royal Yacht in my 2013 PSF POY that I started last night. Puff on!

17. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Finished breakfast and starting my second cuppa on the front porch. The Edwards Flame Grain Canadian is loaded with Astley's #44, a fine combination that should get the neighbor coughing.

18. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Jus finishing a pipe of Dan's Blue Note and brewed up a cup of Kusmi Anastasia tea. Not sure this goes well with a pipe due to its spicy flavorings. But will try it with CH and maybe Irish Oak this afternoon to find out.

19. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Peterson Irish Whiskey in the PSF POY

20. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Madly puffed my way through several MM Diplomats with plenty of tobacco's and oodles of PRM's filled with strong and black. Making a beef stew and running around hitting the estate sale one more time. :bing::ccup::ccup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.