1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Cardinals and Red Sox are tied 1-1 in the 6th. I'm finally getting around to smoking that cigar now, which is a Pirate's Gold maduro robusto, aged four years in my humidor. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with willing li'l icebergs is my drink.

2. JimInks

No floaty li'l icebergs? :cfsd: You dare????? nbg:bangin: You should be :bag:. I knew we shoulda yanked you out the third grade sooner!!:shead:Can't teach them young 'uns anything, anymore, no how!:old::old::old:

YAPPG, psquared, Rockbass and 10 others like this.
  3. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

No :poop: !

I recorded it and just watched the ending about 30 minutes ago. amazing 4th quarter.

YAPPG, rondel65, psquared and 10 others like this.
  4. Eric Pierson

Well, I was getting ready to leave and my neighbor asked if he could use my firepit to burn some leaves. I said no problem bug just make sure to have it going good for when I return. He did not disappoint. Staying cozy in 30 degree weather. Puffing on escudo in the red rock and bamboo kick ass rockcob. Rock on brother PSFers. Rock on!

highstump, YAPPG, rondel65 and 17 others like this.
  5. Eric Pierson

The fire is still purring along nicely and my Brigham mountaineer is loaded with Presbyterian.

nicktrap, surlysoul, YAPPG and 14 others like this.
  6. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Good evening everyone. Kind of a treat day, today. Dan's Blue Note in an old, bent, MM General.

nicktrap, surlysoul, YAPPG and 19 others like this.
  7. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Mac baren VA flake in a big Ben Wade shadow Canadian. had to turn off the game.

nicktrap, YAPPG, rondel65 and 16 others like this.
  8. JimInks

Red Sox lead the Cardinals 4-2 in the 9th. I'm smoking Tilbury in a three quarter bend 1983 Jobey Danski 2 straight grain freehand rough top sitter. A cup of tea heated to the proper temperature is my drink. Going back to work after the ball game is over.

nicktrap, surlysoul, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  9. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

BoSox win. My money on them so a lot of PA in a cob tonight. Based on the famous WAG method (wild arse guess) BoSox now 50% probability to win series no matter the outcome in game 5. 87.5% probability to win series if they take game 5. Great series.

10. aggman

aggman Active Member

Barbados Plantation in my recently restored antique store find Bulldog (AKA George Hangin' Eagle)

nicktrap, surlysoul, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  11. JimInks

So what'll happen tomorrow night? A wild pitch to end the game? A balk? Will Flatbush Paul pitch the 9th? This is a great World Series so far. I'm working now as I listen to the MLB talk on the XM, and smoking Country Doctor Match in a 1980 Stanwell 668 medium bend with a ferrule, half black sandblasted, half brown smooth, rough top. I'm running very low on this blend. P&C sells it in bulk at a cheap price.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
    Morse, nicktrap, surlysoul and 15 others like this.
  12. User4408

User4408 Active Member

OK, I'm addicted. For the umpteenth time this weekend, Mac Baren Halberg Red ... in a Peterson Lestrade

[​IMG]

And when not smoking it, I walk around the house with two of those flake pieces stuck up my nostrils. That seems to be where 'the juice' is.

Morse, nicktrap, highstump and 17 others like this.
  13. JimInks

I'm a few minutes away from smoking McClelland #5100 Red Cake (thanks to Artistik) in a very ugly reddish color 1980 medium bend Lorenzo Leganza Sigma 8635 etched rough top. Going to finish my work before sleep.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  14. browny

browny Member

Since I got my little order in last week I've been smoking CH with only a break for Celtic Talisman and 2 bowls of HH dark fired ready rubbed. All 3 in a cob, falcon and my little straight second hand find. All 3 also are now on my cellar wanted list

It's been a good week and a bit indeed.

Morse, nicktrap, dBear and 14 others like this.
  15. JimInks

Work is done for the day, and I just fed Suzy and Molly some tuna. I've refreshed my glass of ice water, and am now smoking 1980s Sir Walter Raleigh in a smooth three quarter bend 1979 Ben Wade Golden Matt freehand sitter. Going to watch a couple of short videos, and do some reading after that.

Morse, nicktrap, dBear and 13 others like this.
  16. JimInks

Reading and relaxing while listening to Miles Davis, and smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1980s smooth slight bend Wally Frank Dublin.

Morse, nicktrap, highstump and 14 others like this.
  17. muddler

muddler Active Member

An overcast day here with rain forecast for later. Made big inroads into my to-do list last week so this week is looking good. Right now I'm trying to find the energy to get off to gym. While I'm waiting it's FVF in a Pietenpauw billiard.

[​IMG]

Morse, WalkinStick, nicktrap and 17 others like this.
  18. JimInks

Last smoke before sleep is MacBaren Scottish Mixture in a smooth full bend 1977 Crown Coachman 215 egg (Charatan second). Still reading, though Suzy keeps wanting to sit on the newspaper as I try to read it.

Morse, WalkinStick, nicktrap and 14 others like this.
  19. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Ending the day with pirate Kake in a cob. Looking at a dead witch that slammed into the telephone pole just outside my window last night. I'll try to get a pic later. She smacked it so hard her face is buried in the pole and her broomstick came out the other side of the pole. And no, I'm not hallucinating. My wife can see it too and she is a universal abstainer.

Time to sleep. Good night cruel world. :)

Morse, WalkinStick, nicktrap and 18 others like this.
  20. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Continuing my one-note samba with Mac Baren Halberg Red Label ... this time in a Ben Wade Apple

Morse, WalkinStick, nicktrap and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.