What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

I finished the Jambo meer but then switched to the Falcon which is a much better work pipe
    [​IMG]
    I soon knocked the second pipe rack out, as this time (for once) I knew what I was doing :xd:
    I came in for Tea while the glue set then swapped the Falcon for the Egg Cob from Berg :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    I wasn't over happy with the first rack stain/polish I'd had it 10+ years and it was a little lumpy and didn't dry 100% so I mixed some boot polish and white spirit up and it worked a treat and a final coat of Beeswax spray polish
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    my normal expertise with wood is chopping it to light the stove so I'm quite pleased and might even buy :eek: some wider wood and have another play
    York-Shire Tobacco in the Bent BBB Bulldog as I post this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

That Cool :cool: I'll post it again :th1:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Tonight's pipe and drink:
    [​IMG]

4. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

That is a beautiful pipe! I don't believe I was aware of the Diplomat shape, but I love it. It reminds me of a banker (one of my favorite shapes) except with a tapered stem instead of a saddle. You don't see a shape like that from Dunhill too often, or at least I don't. I would love to have that pipe. And you may have convinced me to try that SNF. I had written it off before I ever even gave it a chance; sounds like that was a mistake.

Now smoking some Nightcap in a Neerup. I don't know what's up with all this afternoon Latakia, but whatever. Weekend time now!

5. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Why didn't you move to Gainesville? Damn the bad luck. :byg:

6. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Well its a Friday evening and work is complete for the day. So I plan on hitting the "Sauce"--my saucy red poker that is loaded up up with Dunbar.
    [​IMG]

7. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Braves and Dodgers are tied 1-1 in the 3rd. I'm smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1980s smooth slight bend Wally Frank Dublin. Dinner will be ready soon. Hooray!!

8. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

So your the sorry rotten Lucky fellow who got that work of art. Congrats on a great pipe.

9. Snake

The Laphroaig is quite complex.
    If you can get your hands on a
    bottle, do it!

10. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

One of the best things about living in Australia is that soft drinks (soda) all contain real (cane) sugar.

Gonna start off the morning with strong coffee from the French press with a bowl of GLP Chelsea Morning in the legend.

11. thedismaltrade

thedismaltrade Member

H&H anniv. Kake in a Peterson and now MacBaren Vanilla Cream in the cob

12. Morse

Morse Active Member

Afternoon PSF. Busy day off - met a friend for lunch, picked up 240lbs of salt for the water softener, a new Roku box for my den/smoking room, and a couple of bottles of wine - also for the den/smoking room ;).

I got home to a new RockCob sent off by the extremely generous Rekamepip. I also came home to 4 back issues of The Pipe Collector - I just joined in September, and since all memberships run Jan 1 through Dec 31, this is how it works. Looking forward to getting dug into them this weekend.

Christening the RockCob with...........Grasmere Flake. The pipe smokes incredibly well so far, just gotta make sure I don't char the rim ;)

[​IMG]

13. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

$160 a bottle here. Damn but it looks good.

mecompco, PipeSimmo, dBear and 9 others like this.
  14. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

When Rekamepip sent me my rock cob he also sent a generous sample of one of his blends, smoking some of that now in a little billiard I got the bowl from Ruffnogold and restemed yesterday. Tasty stuff, I don't really do the whole "hints of leather and sandalwood" thing but this could easily be a good all day smoke. Iced Tea to wash it down.

15. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Last pipe of the night is 7 y/o Anni Kake in the Irwin S. Cobb Cob, sheets are wailing in the background so I must bid you all adieu for the evening and smoke long and well, night crew to your posts and keep the BS rolling, see you in 4 or so.............

16. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Stormy--Yes I'm the low down piece of defication that got that stunner.------:ohyh::byg::xd::banana::bdance:

17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Braves lead the Dodgers 2-1 in the :dkn:. I'm helping out m'lady with her project and will smoke Dark Twist Roll Cake in a medium bend straight grain 2000 Winslow C silver spigot. That'll last me awhile since I won't be able to do much smoking overall. But I'm endure because if I don't, you folks will miss my egg epithets and I'd surely hate to let you all down. :rolleyes: :blah:

18. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good evening everyone! Happy Friday night! I'm smoking PS LTF in my MM CG w/Forever Stem. Puff on!

rondel65, Thuber88, psquared and 19 others like this.
  19. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

C&D night train in a Pete barrel. Pretty tasty!

20. Snake

Damn Aussie markup!!
    Incredible dram! Too
    bad it's a limited run.
    :(
    Reminds me of Quinta Ruban
    If it were cellared on Islay.
    This, plus the Ennerdale
    made for a fine hour and
    a half on the back porch.

Miss Snake and I are headed