What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Stars are lovely tonight and the Mr.Heater has my feet, and my rocking chair, well covered.

Nice slow bowl of Dunhill Flake with a Uhle's Blend300 topper in a BST Bent Rhodesian.
    By golly this really is my favorite...

Ah nevermind

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Aww, go gargle a fried grenade, ya big stiff!!!! :xd:

Actually, as time has well proven, DBear is our resident Egg Fryer Supreme. As well he should be, having been so noted by no less a fellow luminary egg fryer John Lennon in "I am the Walrus." In fact, our favorite average bear has his Wanted poster pasted up in it is known in many chicken coups and IHOPs across our fruited plain. Gun totin' farmers hide their daughters and their chicken eggs whenever he crosses county lines. Well, they do when he comes out of his shell, that is.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    rondel65, Thuber88, Morse and 19 others like this.
  3. Albert

Albert Active Member

Weybridge in a savinelli dublin.. Just got back from taking the fam to a pumpkin patch. Good times! Quickly learning that weybridge is everything I am looking for in a blend. Superb!

4. JimInks

I tried it for the first time this week. Wonderful stuff! I'll have to get a pound of it.

5. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Last bowl of Telegraph Hill in a Falcon. Good stuff but Think I prefer Bayou Morning more. Lemonade with more floatie lil cubes of ice keeping things cool.

rondel65, Thuber88, Morse and 19 others like this.
  6. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Whats that Weybridge like? Been wanting to try that and Prairie Wind for a long time. *I keep forgitting about ordering from 4noggins till after i've placed another order elsewhere. :old:

7. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I'm wondering if anybody has been able to order any Kicken Chicken yet this month from C&D?

8. JimInks

It's a VaBur with a little perique. Not much spice, but it's a little sweet with some earthy, nut flavors, rounded off a little by the Virginias. Smooth smoking and tasty.

9. Albert

Albert Active Member

Nailed it. I get a hint of mcclelland style virginia with an exceptional burley base earthy and nutty and an expertly balanced addition of perique. You can really tell it took time to dial this one in.

10. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

+1 on the Weybridge. It's good stuff.

11. JimInks

The Tigers beat the A's 3-2. I'm smoking Tilbury in a smooth almost full bend 1981 Briar Workshop round volcano signed by Elliott Nachwalter with a gold acrylic stem. More ice water to drink. Forgot to mention that when we got back home, Suzy and Molly were so happy to see us, they jumped all over us in joy. I thought maybe they wanted some wet food, but nope, they didn't even touch it. Suzy's followed me all around the house, and has been sitting with me practically since I got home. Molly spent time with m'lady, but is lying on my foot, sound asleep. I should get some work done, but they are not being very receptive to the idea.

I agree about the McClelland vinegar note. I should have mentioned that earlier. And I also agree that this blend took time to perfect. I think I'll fire up a bowl of it after I finish this smoke.

12. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Dang enablers!!!!

13. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Well!!! I've got some Briar Fox and Bayou Morning on order so There! myeah!

14. JimInks

:drunk:Weybridge. :drunk: You must buy Weybridge. :drunk:Buy! Buy!:drunk: Buy Weybridge. :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

15. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Maybe I can trade some really hokey tobacco I have laying around for it. :eek: :rolleyes: :poke:

16. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

I've got some that's been jarred since June of 2012. I think I should pop one of those jars in the near future :D

17. JimInks

I only got a sample from Rich at 4noggins, otherwise, I'd happily send some your way. I'll order some in the future, but the Dunhill sale at P&C cleaned out my TAD money for now.

Speaking of which, I'm a few minutes away from smoking Weybridge in a 2003 straight grain Karl Erik Ekstravagant A medium bend freehand sitter.

YAPPG, Thuber88, Morse and 16 others like this.
  18. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Carter Hall in the MM Pride with more french press coffee. About to go grocery shopping but it should be a nice cool afternoon by the time I get home so I've laid out a vanilla cream flake. Should be perfect by the time we're done

rondel65, YAPPG, Morse and 18 others like this.
  19. dBear

dBear Active Member

A bowl of Peretti Scottish Flake got me catched up on the thread. Now I'm loading some Star Of The East in the Stout Squatch Volcano to finish waking up. After that, I can get down to some real smoking for the day! Coffee lukewarmed entirely by the Force is my drink.

rondel65, YAPPG, Thuber88 and 18 others like this.
  20. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

blah blah blah tobacco blah blah blah in a pipe blah blah blah fire beer blah.
    and again forty minutes later.

jdto, YAPPG, Thuber88 and 17 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.