What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

:toast: Will do.

2. highstump

highstump Active Member

There is an abundance of "Prairie Wind" in here. :xd:

Christmas Cheer 2002 in an Ehrlich with Copenhagen and Maxwell House on the side.

3. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Went for a bike ride with some friends this morning, I have to go back later and look for my lung. Beat my wife home and was able to grab the 4noggins box before she saw it. Now I am smoking GH Rum Flake in a MM bent Diplomat.

4. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

About to take a trip to the dark side, Dunhill my mixture 965 from 2007. Berg truly is an enabling "rotter." Loaded in a GBD New Standard billiard.

5. SteveH

SteveH Active Member

Frog Morton on the Town in a David Buist.

[​IMG]

6. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Home from my consulting gig. Had a nice bowl of SB on the way, and CH on the drive home in the Pat w/Forever stem. Got some Borkum Riff Bourban Whiskey going in the 2013 POY. I promise I'll smoke something less embarrasing next! :cool:

jpberg, Artistik, PipeSimmo and 21 others like this.
  7. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

8. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

To Susi! :toast::bing:

9. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Just finishing MacBaren Virginia #1 in a late '90s half smooth/half etched freehand sitter, medium bend Nielsen Viggo. Be back with another smoke.

10. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Done slumming. Have fired up a coin of PS LTF in a no-name meer billiard. Whiskey Sour w/fancy store-bought ice cubes to drink.

11. JimInks

I wasn't aware you guys needed a cure for insomnia. :p:

sillyoldbear, YAPPG, JWG25 and 13 others like this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Just spent some time looking and nadda. Where can you get that gorgeous looking stuff? Please tell me its not being withheld from us colonials in the new world...

13. JimInks

In honor of Susi, I picked one of my favorite pipes and a tobacco I like: MacBaren Three Nuns in my trusty 1970s smooth three quarter bend Peterson System Standard 305.

Suzy and Molly waited until I was awake before they asked for wet food. They take pity on the ol' man! But they're happy and playing and having a ball chasing each other around the house.

14. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Pffft, Prairie Wind has nothing on Dairy Air........

Taking a break from reading A house in the sky by Amanda Lindhout to have some Luxury Bullseye Flake in the Tsuge, tribute to Bo Nordh, Ballerina, a PRM of strong and black Bolivian by my side.

[​IMG]

15. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Ha ha, well, it's not for everybody! For something a little more...subtle, perhaps some Frog Morton or Squadron Leader would be more palatable. 965 is also a nice, light Lat blend. Please, feel free to pass the PK on to someone else if you don't care for it. :bing:

16. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

17. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good afternoon everyone! I'm having my first of the day now. Mac Baron HH Mature Virginia in my MM Spool. I've been awfully busy last couple of days, so I've got some catching up to do. dbear, sorry I missed your un-birthday. Happy one hundred eleventieth plus one day! I wonder who is having an un-birthday today. I guess I'll just have to wade through all you guys good smokes to find out. Puff on, I'll catch up!

18. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

PS: You "might" want to give it a while and try it again--I'll admit my first go-round with a fairly heavy Lat blend (Billy Budd) was an eye-opener. I really didn't care for it at first, but it is, as they say, "an acquired taste".

19. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

At noon I had som Borkum Riff Bourbon in a Peter Aran 15 and recently more of the same in a G Huybrecht - London Castle.

20. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

If I could blow smoke rings like that, I'd smoke cherry blend all the time! You the man, Stump!

Still MB HH MV in my MM Spool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.