1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Holy :poop:! I love that bowl!

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Suzy's finally gone to sleep, so I can work. Even though she's a cat and not a dog, in her honor, I'm smoking Man's Best Friend in a 1978 smooth three quarter bend Danish Special. My next drink is going to Simply Lemonade in a properly chilled glass. No icebergs in lemonade though. That request came from the lemons. They're snobby that way.

3. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Hello. Had some St. James Flake in a group 4 Dunhill Shell Briar LBS from 1962. How's that for fancy? Condolences to you, Rockbass.

Beautiful day here in Alabama. Breezy, in the mid 70's or so, not much to complain about. I sure am ready for some cold weather though. Or at least some weather that requires me to wear long pants. Haven't worn anything but shorts for 5 months now. I'm jealous of your weather, Berg. Not necessarily jealous of your heating bill, but jealous of your weather all the same.

4. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Only 25 pages behind, but I will catch up, oh yes... I will catch up...
    Had 14 bowls the last 2 days, 10 in the AIC(Its the Timex of pipes) and currently smoking I have no idea what with Petey Greene(it was handy and had stuff in it) and some cold tea, the floaty stuff has melted
    All of the above smoking was 99% KingsBridge(Thanks to Rakemepip!)
    Puff on, and keep Pooping those tins!

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Mans best friend is a damn good smoke ! Enjoy :)

I made my Wine run , just table wines today ... some Frontera Malbec and some Hogue Cab . The Ingles food store is finally carrying Houge Genesis , which is a big gun Cab that I am very fond of . Both the regular line Hogue and the Genesis line now have screw caps , which I'm glad to see , because it's the future and screw caps are the way to go , as they dont crap out like cork . People still think of cheap wine when they see screw caps , which is a shame . Anyway , that's what I call excitement in the mountains .. lol .

Smoked an absolute perfect bowl of Germains Royal Jersey Perique in my new Savinelli Tevere Rustic Billiard .... I'm completely enamored with these pipes .. perfect ! Fixin to snuff some Tube Rose before yard work

6. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Been painting since 6:00am. I Quit.
    Been smoking some C.H. and and Rock Cob Vir\burl blend in the bullet proof cob. The pipe prefered by 9 out of 11 painters. Just finished some mystery rock cob blend in a Wilke.

All my best Rockbass:toast:

jpberg, Artistik, PipeSimmo and 21 others like this.
  7. highstump

highstump Active Member

Been there Rockbass, my condolences to you. SWR in a Custombilt. Here's to Susi.

jpberg, Artistik, PipeSimmo and 22 others like this.
  8. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Moved on to some Dunhill Flake in the Paykoc meer. Contemplating whether another whiskey sour would be a good idea--I think it might!

jhguthlac, jpberg, PipeSimmo and 21 others like this.
  9. dBear

dBear Active Member

Only a JimInks could get along with snobby lemons. Must be the advice he gets from Mr. Wooly.

10. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

I am watching the: Josef [2011]

In 1915, on the Eastern front, in Galicia, Croatian soldiers under the Austro-Hungarian flag are waging a war against the Russian army and gangs of Chircassians. An Austro-Hungarian soldier, wounded and robbed, wakes up in the battlefield. He takes a uniform and army tag from a fallen soldier and so he accidentally acquires a new identity. Under his new nom-de guerre, Sergeant Josef, he begins his journey across this unfamiliar, foreign and war-torn land.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you remember a sergeant Josip Broz

[​IMG]

latter know as Tito? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0864482/bio

while i am smoking: Planta Nr. 1.

MDaws79, jpberg, PipeSimmo and 21 others like this.
  11. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Few people bother to point out this immensely useful piece of wisdom. Well said, FnB.

Whenever Stephen Fry is asked which historical figures he'd most like to have dinner with, his answer is usually something like: None of them ... they were probably pillocks in real life. I'd much rather spend the evening with one of their many excellent books. That would enable me to know them actually much better.

Meditating a bit on the best choice for a commemorative smoke in honor of Rockbass' Susi, I've chosen my steady long-term favorite ...

MB Mixture in a dedicated straight MM Washington.

12. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

FVF in my Stanwell. Drinking a rum and cream soda, never mixed those two before and its delicious.

13. JimInks

Listening to radio shows, but it's almost time for the Red Sox-Rays game, so I'll switch over soon. Still working and now smoking CD Blend in a smooth briar calabash shaped Butz-Choquin Maitre Pipier JR Fait Main with a horn ferrule.

It's too bad the old time radio channel on the XM can only play shows from the archives of Radio Spirits. I've been listening to You Bet Your Life with the one, the only... Groucho!, from my own collection. Can't do that with the XM, because Radio Spirits doesn't sell episodes of YBYL. It always pays to have your own collection.

14. Smokes

Smokes Member

I said this elsewhere but Peterson's Sherlock Holmes in a Country Gent with a Yeungling Lager. I'd highly recommend the pairing. The flavors worked very well together.

15. Morse

Morse Active Member

Condolences RB

SidStavros, dBear, PipeSimmo and 15 others like this.
  16. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Active Member

C&D Opening Night in a Savinelli Sherwood bulldog.

17. JimInks

Moments away from smoking Wessex Dark Flake in a brown rusticated slight bend 1982 Savinelli Non Pareil 99 Dublin with a lucite ferrule and stem. The Red Sox and Rays are scoreless in the first inning. I imagine this will be a closer game than last night. A bottle of Cheerwine is my drink.

dBear, PipeSimmo, Morse and 17 others like this.
  18. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Here's to Susi.

I'm off on a bike ride with my half bent Pete bulldog and McC's 5110 to have by the Lake.

Artistik, dBear, PipeSimmo and 19 others like this.
  19. Kayla

Kayla Active Member

Morse, YAPPG, JWG25 and 5 others like this.
  20. Kayla

Kayla Active Member

I have a tin of "Man's Best Friend" I have yet to try. What's that like? So many tins open that I'm waiting for an opening to crack it.
    Spent 5 hours cleaning and prepping at the duplex. And now back home on the deck with Condor in my Peterson Standard Mersch. I never stray far from my dark master.
    K

p120d16y, dBear, Thuber88 and 19 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.