What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Started the day with an English blend in me Peterson and moved to Captain Black Cherry for the afternoon.

2. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

I meant to post this at 6:30 this morning, but got distracted and never hit post:

I had some Navy Rolls left over in my pipe since last night so I am relighting for my first smoke today with coffee. I am loading Annie Kake in an Arlington straight billiard with silver band and letting it dry in the pipe a little before I smoke it. I am an AK Virgin and that ends this morning. Happy Sunday morning to you all.

The Navy Rolls was still great even after sitting all night. The Anniversary Kake................................Well I can see why everyone raves about it and the tins are often not in stock. I smoked the bulk, but if the tins are any better, I can't imagine it. I only got around to two bowls of AK as I have not been sleeoing well the last couple of nights and spent most of the day in the fat chair in front of the TV napping. If I can stay awake after dinner, I will smoke Man's Best Friend in a BC Camargue, bent Rhodesian #4025.

3. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Just sat down with some Mac Baren dark twist in a Savinelli.

4. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Another bowl of Sugar Barrel, this time in PSF POY

5. DMiddleton

DMiddleton Member

finishing off a bowl of FVF in one of my straight MM Legends.
    first time smoking this tobacco in ages and with a ghost from Peterson Special Reserve 2013 it's really enjoyable. :puffy:

6. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Evening, fellows.

I just shot a squirrel out of my pecan tree, dumped 3 inches out of the rain guage, and fired up a bowl of Bayou Morning in a Ser Jacopo maxima maxima.

7. DMiddleton

DMiddleton Member

been wondering about Dark Twist for a while, what's it like? :puffy:

8. Morse

Morse Active Member

Afternoon PSF. Over a year ago on my trip to the UK I picked up a pouch of St. Bruno Flake that has since been sitting, ignored in my cellar. Today I decided was the day to give it a try - in a David Jones rusticated diplomat. Screwdriver on the side, cooled again by ice-cubes fashioned, by hand, into perfect dodecahedrons by vestal virgins.

The tobacco is good - not quite as assertive as Condor but a very pleasant smoke indeed.

9. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

I am not very good at describing a blend BUT, I would say great depth of flavor, spicy, with a little citrus flavor.

Take a look a tobacco review.com for a real description.

10. DMiddleton

DMiddleton Member

surprisingly comfortable.

11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Pirates and Cards are tied 2-2 in the 6th. I'm smoking another big pipe as I relax and watch the ball game. As this pipe is one of DBear's favorites, I'll smoke it in honor of our favorite average bear. Louisiana Red in a really big 2002 three quarter bend paneled light brown sandblasted Ardor Urano Fatta A Mano square shaped bulldog sitter. A bottle of Sprite is my drink, or it will be in a few minutes. Braves and Dodgers play at 8 EST, and I'll listen to Vin Scully call the game on the XM.

12. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Ah! but was it a Combat Squirrel
    [​IMG]

13. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

If he's for hire, I'll pay him all the pecans he can eat to keep the rest of his brethren away from my tasty nuts.

14. highstump

highstump Active Member

Well the up side is your face didn't land on the keyboazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzrd.

15. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

After I crack into this 16oz porterhouse I'm about to cook, I think I'm going to have some Dark Flake and a Yuengling. In a glass, because it's Sunday.

I'm also about to place an order for some of John Patton's blends. Stormfront and Crossroads are obvious, but what else do I need? I've never smoked anything of his.

16. highstump

highstump Active Member

And which of those three required the most skill? :)

17. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

I enjoy the crazy amount of Perique in Cool Hand Fluke from time to time. Get some Dark Horse and tell us how it is. I've meant to test that one for a while. Heard good things about it.

18. highstump

highstump Active Member

OK, somebody take this and run with it. I'm not going anywhere near it.

19. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Well, firing up the max-max is pretty easy. Smoking it all the way down takes a little savvy.

20. highstump

highstump Active Member

In that case, proud to know ya. :toast:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.