1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay

Jay Active Member

Erinmore Flake in a BST. Watching the '49ers dominate (although it is early) the Texans

2. Jay

Jay Active Member

3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Continued RockCob Festivities
    w
    MBNavy Mixture in Black Rock Pipe that somewhat resembles a petrified corn cob pipe

:hbang:

4. Jay

Jay Active Member

Vin Scully just makes the game. I love that guy for helping me like baseball. All others are compared to him. Living in So Cal, I guess I'm a bit spoiled in that regard.

5. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

evening everyone,

On the menu tonight is some Perfection plug burley in my Diplomat cob. ahhhhh I hate sunday nights, always means back to work in the morning.

6. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

A bowl of Dunbar in my Bjarn Viking while I catch up on some reading for school. Let me tell you that reading pathophysiology is the written version of watching paint dry. Ugh.

7. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

One of the many things about Vin Scully that amazes me is that he does not sound like an 85 year old man. There's hardly any age in his voice. He always calls the games without a partner, which is not an easy task even for younger men. I remember three years ago, Vin called a 17 inning home game that ended after 2 am PST time. He probably got home about 4 am. The Dodgers had a noon game, which Vin called and it went ten innings. I'd like to see any other 82 old man do that, keep his voice and stay sharp minded, too. No sign of fatigue. Just incredible. And he's a humble and very nice man. He never shows the slightest hint of ego. Two weeks ago, a proposal was made to rename a street after Vin, and he turned down the idea, saying it wasn't necessary. I'd say he's one of the most admirable men in public life, and I'm not even a Dodgers fan.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  8. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Club blend in a large chacom billiard.

9. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I was so busy praising Vin that I forgot to list what I'm smoking, which is the smooth and creamy HH Vintage Syrian in a 1990s smooth Peterson Captain Pete XL80 bulldog.

Braves just tied the game 4-4 in the 3rd. Both teams have made a sloppy play or two already.

10. physiognomy

physiognomy Member

Cheering on the Braves tonight... I wanted to smoke something I hadn't tried in a while, so I grabbed a jar of Balkan Sasieni dated 10/2007. It has mellowed some from memory (no more bite) & is delivering an uncomplicated smoke. Not sure I will replace this blend once it is gone, but I'm happy to revisit it.

[​IMG]

11. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I don't know how you can make a statement like that! I for one am a gentleman and I never tell, ever. From some I have met in here there are a lot of gentlemen that post in this thread and some that are not so much. They may be like me in resenting people assuming too much.

12. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

The last of my Strang sample (thanks WalkinStick) in my birthday pipe - a Julius Vesz Dublin. It's a beautiful night in Toronto.

[​IMG]

13. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Smoking some AJ's Vaper in the Medico Apple to calm my nerves a bit after reading some of the remarks displayed over the last half dozen or so pages. Can't believe the nerve of that guy! New cuppa Pg tips tea. Cool tonight.

14. thedismaltrade

thedismaltrade Member

DE Meat Pie in a Savinelli

15. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Smoking some of the black woods flake that captain gifted me from his new and improved man cave. Thanks buddy. This stuff is great.

16. Morse

Morse Active Member

What brand of pipe is that? - it is awesome

17. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Storm front is one of my favorites. I also like oriental dusk. It is as close to a cigar in a pipe as I have ever had. I like his quad Virginia too straight and natural Virginias make a blend not unlike union square. If you like Virginia's I would look at that and cool hand fluke.

18. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Tilbury in a Tonni Nielsen elephant's foot accompanied by some Russell's Reserve

19. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

pulled out the McConnell's scottish cake and Grand theft auto/Pumpkin beer got the best of me

20. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Dunhill/GBF in my no name pete copycat. A pipe friend came over today and let me use his new zippo pipe lighter and I really liked it. Its just so much easier than messing around with a bic. I'll be getting one soon now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.