1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Dodgers are beating the Cubs Braves 10-4 in the 6th. Sure can't understand why Tehran was left in the game so long. Anyway, I'm working and smoking Full Virginia Flake in a slight bend 1968 group 4S Dunhill Shell 475 cherrywood. Drinking a cherry coke from Wendy's. Too bad the redhead in the Wendy's commercial wasn't there to, uh, take my order. :ngty::rolleyes::msty::cfsd:

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

First and only smoke of the day. Kendal Dark in the System.

3. JimInks

4. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Just having the last of my St. James Flake in a cob. I'm something like 30 pages behind with not much time to catch up.

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Vaperburlataro ! Mayor

Savinelli Tevere Bent with China Black fire Cured .. then the same pipe with IRC Old Colonial . My Moms visiting ..... Christ have Mercy :beck:

6. JimInks

The Dodgers turned this game into a real laugher: 13-6. What's no laughing matter is this tobacco: Man's Best Friend in a 1983 Ben Wade Duo 65 Smooth Poker. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with clean li'l icebergs is my drink.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  7. physiognomy

physiognomy Member

Thanks! It is a Castello Old Antiquari #33 & definitely one of my favorite pipes.

8. JimInks

I'm a few minutes away from smoking MacBaren Scottish Mixture in a smooth full bend 1977 Crown Coachman 215 egg (Charatan second). Still working, and listening to the MLB talk on the XM.

9. JimInks

Listing this one a few minutes early: Peretti's Park Square in a 1970s slight bend smooth Danish Sovereign XXX 309 with a flat front sitter. Thanks to DBear for the tobacco.

10. moosecop

moosecop Member

Your in Missouri.. Here in Wisconsin that is the SOUTH

11. dBear

dBear Active Member

Are you talking about this pipe?

[​IMG]

I don't know where you got the idea it's one of my favorites. I never even noticed it before until you brought it up. Doesn't particularly appeal to me. I'm sure if you were to offer to sell it to me for, say, $85 I wouldn't even buy it off you. And I'm very certain that if you were to negotiate on that price, I'd refuse to pay even up to double that amount. That's how much I'm not impressed by this pipe. You know, sometimes you're a little stuck up, JimInks - I'm sure that pipe isn't even worth $225.

12. dBear

dBear Active Member

Finishing up a bowl of Virginia mix from the B&M in the GBD Tanzania not-quite-a-panel-pipe meer and starting the day out with coffee. Hey, has anybody else tried out those dodecahedrons? How do they compare with Inks Corp. icebergs? I like the fact that they're made by vestal virgins.

13. SteveH

SteveH Active Member

Two pints of Weston's and a pipe in a beautiful garden on a fine autumn day - bliss!

14. dBear

dBear Active Member

Moved on to MacB HH Vintage Syrian, (thanks, JimInks!) in the Wally Frank upside down billiard. Still working on the coffee.

15. JimInks

So speaks the class Valedictorian and head cheerleader of the Milburn Drysdale School of Economics!! :xd:

Here's Mr. Drysdale DBear, famed cigarette pusher, enabling Jed Clampett. Nice toupee you wore back then.

16. dBear

dBear Active Member

I was just trying to impress Miss Hathaway - what a babe!

17. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Squaddie in a bulldog. Heading to the B&M today to get some of their bulk blends. There's one called Kentucky Nougat, I need that.

18. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Hello everyone. It is entirely too late to be up, but alas, here I am, with some Brown Flake in a Squatch. Smoking something this good will usually get me at least relaxed enough to go to sleep. It's like NyQuil, but it tastes better and doesn't leave you feeling like you got run over by a train in the morning.

Luckily for me, I don't have to wake up until 9:00 tomorrow, and it's so nice out I might just sleep on the porch. 54˚F (12˚C), 85% RH, N winds 5 mph.

19. JimInks

I just finished work and this bowl of Barbados Plantation in the second pipe I ever bought ($2.49); a 1974 three quarter bend black sandblast etched Dr. Grabow Omega. Going to feed Suzy and Molly, and get my next smoke.

20. dBear

dBear Active Member

Now I've got HU Tobacco Makhuwa (thanks, Simmo!) going in the WDC horn meer with the amber stem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.