What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I just lit up a bowl of Angler's Dream in a smooth 1998 Parker 489 three quarter bend Billiard., and refilled my ice water glass, properly chilled with icebergs, of course. When Suzy and Molly finish eating, we'll play "catch the earplug." Actually, that was why I quit work when I did. Molly came in the studio and started begging for attention. Now to see who's more energetic at catching foam rubber ear plugs! I'll bet on Molly.

2. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Good morning! Starting the day with some Firedance Flake that's been out drying over-night. Black coffee on the side, getting mentally prepared to go back to work. At least it's a short week, we have a tech conference Friday that we attend every year. Have a great day, all.

3. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Borkum Riff Bourbon in a G Huybrecht - London Castle on the quarterdeck onboard m/s Rosella while watching the archipelago glide by in the october sun. Quite pleasant.

4. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

McClelland grand orientals Katerini Classic.

5. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Davidoff Scottish Mixture in a Savinelli Toscana 122 ... fine, fine stuff ... but too expensive.

Morse, Lucky Duck, Thuber88 and 21 others like this.
  6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

My last smoke before sleep is Charlemagne in the third pipe I ever bought ($1.95), a 1974 smooth straight French briar Hadley Apple. Btw, Molly beat Suzy again at ear plug catching. I don't believe Suzy likes to compete. She's more into it when Molly's not around. See ya folks later today.

7. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Smoked 2/3 of a bowl of Chelsea Morning that was left over in the legend earlier and now I'm onto CH in the Dip. Sencha/bamboo tea on the side.

8. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Cold, damp, and rained like hell yesterday, but overnight a warm front blew in - 66F when I got up this am.

Dark Flake, in a twin bore.

9. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

The penultimate bowl from this weekends ration of Borkum Riff Bourbon, this time in a little Spitfire by Lorenzo. PG Tips. In the sunshine on my balcony while pondering a legal problem (which makes it a billable hour, nice job if you can get it). It´s been interesting to smoke the same tobacco for an entire weekend. The experience differs slightly from pipe to pipe.

10. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

I suppose you take the plug out of your ear before play begins?

11. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

12. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. dBear

dBear Active Member

Kind of gives new meaning to the phrase "sh*tting a brick," don't it?

14. User4408

User4408 Active Member

I just saw the latest batch of your fine reviews over on TR. Every time I read them there's a strong temptation to take the plunge.

The problem with Sutliff is the embarrassment of riches ... there are too damned many of them. So here's a question: if you had to pick any 3 of their non-latakia blends as a must-try, which ones would you select? Spinnaker, perhaps? :whis:

Peterson Nutty Cut in a Peterson Sherlock Holmes Lestrade ...

[​IMG]

15. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

16. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good morning all! I'm starting off the week with a repeat of a bowl I had yesterday, because it was so damn good. PS LNF in my Red Rock Cob. I bslieve these two were literally made for each other! Of coarse, I'm drinking black coffee. Puff on PSFers!

17. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Indeed. Due to [very] high price the tobacco stores here don't have him any more.

18. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Good morning PSFer's. Today I will be driving Miss Daisy to a couple of medical appointments and we both have to do lab work in prep for our physicals in a couple of weeks. I'm smoking a small bowl of SWR in a Dr. G Westie with coffe to start the morning. Next up is Anni Kake in the Ashton. I plan to take Man's Best Fiend to smoke while out and about, but I'm not sure what pipe yet. It must be a clencher, maybe a cob?

19. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Hello there PSFer's, finished last nights Anni Kake in the orig MM Diplomat, 2 PRM's under my belt and going for #3 and a short smoke of another cob with some tobacco, have to head for an appointment 2 states out early, see you on the flip side.

20. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Sugar Barrel in the MM Country Gentleman for the ride to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.