What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pipe Matt

Pipe Matt Member

Dunhill London Mixture in a Peterson Donegal Rocky 80s. :)

[​IMG]

2. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Good Morning,
    I'm starting the day off with P&W Nut Brown Burley in a Ferndown 3* Bark Dublin with a Cumberland stem and a Silver band. Black Ethiopian Amaro coffee is riding shotgun for my morning commute into work.

Happy Monday Smoking,
    Paul

3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

4. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Managed to get in my usual Sunday smokes whiles watching the Eagles get a rare win and finished up the day with the Dodgers and Braves. Normally I'm a Braves fan, but this year I want to see the Dodgers in the World Series. Loved Michael Young when he was a Phillie, now want to see him do his thing in the Series. Ended the day with Irish Flake in my largest Peterson system pipe.

Feeling a bit more steady on my feet. Manged to go outside and walk around with Teddi for while. Couldn't chance that yesterday.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  5. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

While rummaging around my inside bench yesterday I discovered a little Webber rusticated Dublin sort of shaped pipe that I had forgotten all about, last smoke last night was Dark English full in it, and I left about half a bowl for this morning, that went so well this morning that I reloaded it and I'm smoking the same thing again, lots of coffee of course.
    Finding a pipe I had forgotten about is almost as good as getting a new pipe. :)

6. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

As usual it is a stunning pipe from Bannard! It's no wonder he has a huge head with all these accolades! Enjoy many great smokes with it!

After it passes the Berg test of course!

7. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Dark Flake in a Peterson System 31.

8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Rock Cob / Coffee / cool misty mountain morning

9. dBear

dBear Active Member

RRRRRRROCKTOBER!!!! Smoking Anni Kake in the black rock cob with new coffee to watch the sun rise. Good morning!

10. SteveH

SteveH Active Member

SG FVF in a Stanwell 227, designed by Tom Eltang.

[​IMG]

11. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Just finished a bowl of Carter Hall in my Ricco. Now gotta get ready for work. Argggggggggggggggg!

12. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

71-degrees and a light drizzle here in the Delaware Valley. In the year and a half that Teddi has been part of our family, this morning was the first time she has woke me up and wanted to be fed. At 3am! So I fed her dog food (she prefers cat food), stay up and did my morning reading. Made it worth my while with Russian tea and Irish Oak in a mm cob CG.

13. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Of the ones I have tried so far without latakia, Great Outdoors, Maple Street, and BRG are the three I'd pick at the moment.

As for your Spinnaker comment, I politely suggest you stick your pinky fingers out when you fry that egg! :p:

14. User3940

User3940 Active Member

That is the wonderful thing about early mornings. Good cup of coffee, a fine pipe filled with your favorite tobacco and peace and quiet to contemplate or read a favorite book undisturbed. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

15. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Good morning. JFG Plum Cake in the egg. I resolved my well problems. 3 week old Meyer well pump, must have been assembled on a Friday afternoon.
    [​IMG]

Pretty sure that stainless "C" clip lodged under the check ball valve (3 o'clock position) shouldn't be there. :mad:

16. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Finishing off a bowl o Hal o the wynd in the parking lot at work. The rain has passed to those of you to the east of me and the sun is shining. It is supposed to be a beautiful week here in Michigan. Going to be a busy day after a week off.

17. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Good morning all! Child is off to school and I'm getting ready to start the day. Pouring down rain here in central Canada but pretty mild. I'm starting off with some 5110 in a half bent bulldog with some French press coffee.

18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Up early to help m'lady move and pack some things for one of her projects, so I decided to smoke Capstan Gold Flake in a 1970s GBD Prehistoric Rhodesian 9438 with a perspex stem while I helped her.

As we were finishing putting stuff in the car, Stormy paid us a visit. We just made it before the heavy rains fell. Very thoughtful of him to wait until we got everything done.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  19. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

I'm beginning to feel somewhat redundant on my choice of tobacco. It just suits my tastes right now.

Bayou Morning in an Old Sea Rock.

20. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Maple Street in a Rock Cob and coffee in a spode cup. I have an easy day ahead. Easy days are fun, but they don't pay well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.