What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Troost Slices in the MM Diplomat

SidStavros, Morse, Thuber88 and 19 others like this.
  2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

SWR in the Forever Stemmed Legend

jhguthlac, Morse, Smokey and 16 others like this.
  3. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Just in from a bowl of Presbyterian Mixture and boy, did I ever love it. Had it in a bulldog with a side of Orangina.

Really happy with this current 4Noggins order, both the Presbyterian and Balkan Mixture really impressed me, I think I'll be keeping both in rotation along the my favorite Frog blends.

It's one of those crazy windy early Fall days here in Toronto. You need to keep a hand on your hat . Sun came out, really nice day to watch the world from inside.

SidStavros, Morse, Thuber88 and 16 others like this.
  4. physiognomy

physiognomy Member

I started my day with a cup of home roasted coffee & a bowl of Smokers Haven Exotique Mixture in a Castello #65. I hope you all have a great one!

[​IMG]

SidStavros, Morse, Thuber88 and 20 others like this.
  5. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Sounds good to me, Troost Slices in the MM Diplomat with blue and white Forever Stem!

SidStavros, Morse, Thuber88 and 19 others like this.
  6. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Night Train in a Tinsky.

SidStavros, Morse, Thuber88 and 18 others like this.
  7. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Snuck out for a post lunch pipe of 7 seas gold in my meer.

Morse, Thuber88, User4408 and 17 others like this.
  8. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

In a small Czechoslovak-made ebay find I've got My Mixture 965 as I sit on Flagstaff Hill in Pittsburgh overlooking the city, fighting the wind, and trying to read. It finally feels like fall and fall couldn't be accompanied any better than by that wonderful 965.

Morse, YAPPG, Lucky Duck and 17 others like this.
  9. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

A's lead the Tigers 6-3 in the 6th, and the Pirates and Cards are scoreless in the bottom of the first. I'm surprised MLB cross scheduled these games. Poor planning. I'm watching the Bucs and Cards while smoking MacBaren Navy Flake in a 1980s Peterson 314 Full Bend black Sandblast system pipe. I got my order from P&C today and except for a tin of CBK, everything shipped, including a free sample of Briggs Match. I'm curious to see if it's like BRG Mixture. I now have a lifetime supply of Royal Yacht, plus some London Mixture, Tilbury (can't have enough), Old Companion, and some Formers Bird's Eye Flake that TedVig turned me onto some months ago. Formers makes good tobacco at very reasonable tins prices.

Morse, Thuber88, rondel65 and 16 others like this.
  10. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

I've heard of twin bore pipes after reading Berg :rolleyes: but do you have twin bowl'd pipes :cfsd: :toast:

Morse, User4408, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  11. Eric

Eric Member

Is that crema on the top of the coffee? How do you brew your coffee to get such crema on the top?

G.L. Pease Stratford in a Wayne Teipen Half Saddle Billiard

Morse, YAPPG, Lucky Duck and 10 others like this.
  12. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

I thought I would condition my "like" as I typically like your posts and definitely like your reviews, but I don't like the Tigers losing. On the bright side, I turned down a free ticket to the game as I just missed a whole week of work, so it might have been a wise move after all.

Morse, Thuber88, rondel65 and 10 others like this.
  13. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

No, I smoked the St James in it, went to class, had a bite, helped my neighbor then grabbed it again and filled it with Stonehaven, it doesn't mind, it just smokes great.

14. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

This thread always gets me. I wasn't planning on a smoke, but I can only read "Dark Flake" so many times before my mouth starts watering. So I'm loading some Dark Flake Scented in my IMP billiard meer.

15. JimInks

I know what you mean. Sometimes I don't like the scores I post either. The A's are a real team though. The individual parts of their hitting line up would make you think they are a .500 team at best, but somehow, these guys are able to hit in the right situation. I think their manager Bob Melvin, is a genius. He gets more out of less than most managers. I don't care about the A's, but they've surprised a lot of people the last two years.

Morse, FlatbushPaul, YAPPG and 7 others like this.
  16. Pipe Matt

Pipe Matt Member

McConnell Scottish Flake in a Blakemar.

[​IMG]

17. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Finally home from being out and about the city for medical appointments. Smoked a bowl of Man's Best Friend while waiting outside during one of Miss Daisy's appointments. It was the wrong decision to smoke latakia on a 84*f, 85% h day in North Florida. It is supposed to cool down in the 60's tonight, so I will load a bowl of MBF in the morning for a commute smoke. I am currently smoking Annie Kake DGT'd from this morning in the BC bent Rhodie. Canada Dry Ginger Ale over crushed ice is my drink.

18. dBear

dBear Active Member

This is SO true! If you ever don't feel like smoking (for some insane reason) just come to the WAYS thread and you'll be smoking in no time. Good for what ails you. :bing:

19. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Whoa!! An Azad sighting!
    Did you stop making
    pipes then?

As suspected, Kendal
    Mixture in an apple bowl.

20. JimInks

Matt Wacha of the Cardinals is throwing a perfect game against the Pirates after five innings. cards lead the Bus 2-0 in the 6th. A's lead the Tigers 6-3 in the 9th. I'm smoking St. James Flake in a smooth three quarter bend early '70s Stanwell Design Choice 837 sitter with a vulcanite ferrule. Simply Lemonade is my drink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.