What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Dark Flake Scented in a Dunhill pot. This little group 3 is really growing on me. Definitely likes the Dark Flake. It was a bugger at first but it's settling into a darn fine pipe.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  2. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Puffing on a bowl of villiger after dinner in my Oscar Dublin enjoying a cool night with no breeze, clear skies and overlooking the Halloween decorations that my wife put up while I was up north this past week.

3. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

It's the first, crisp autumn evening of the year here in Atlanta, making the stroll with the dogs especially enjoyable! I love this time of year! Smoking some GLP Cumberland in a Matzhold volcano with a little Dickel 12.

4. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Closing out the day with Molte Dolce watching the Braves enjoying a a Miller High Life!

5. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

The champagne of beers.

6. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

It's a cold, cold world out there for little floaty icebergs. They get no respect. What's more when they lose their edge and start to fail, I just get rid of 'em and get new ones! They have a worthless life. They only exist for my enjoyment and nothing more!

Now, I'm havin' Bob's Square Cut in a Sav Roma Billiard with more ice tea . Brand new little floaty icebergs doing their thing. God help them if they falter!

7. user3221

user3221 Active Member

8. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Braves just took the lead against the Dodgers 3-2 in the 7th. Freddie Garcia matched Clayton Kershaw for pitching effectiveness. I doubt even Pete Rose would bet on that! Anyway, I'm still working, listening to Vin call the game and am a few moments away from smoking BRG Mixture in a straight sandblasted black billiard 2013 PSF POY Kaywoodie with an amber colored lucite stem. I've maybe enough left for a bowl and half.

Warm hearts are cruel taskmasters to their frigid serfs.

9. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Good night of pipe smoking for me. I had a few buddies over to sit on the balcony. They chomped on cigars while I smoked a few pipes. A bowl of Pelican followed by two of Old Ironsides in my Nording. I gotta say the first few times I had that Old Ironsides it really knocked my socks off, but now I'm getting into a better smoking groove and am finding it to be way smoother than at first. I loved the heavy latakia right off the bat, but now I'm enjoying it on a few different levels. At least that's how it seems. And my Nording, the first new pipe I'd bought, is finally starting to feel broken in. I can see the cake, the gurgle is gone and it stays much cooler. I think I'm learning how to maintain a better cadence too, though I still require a lot of relights. Some of that can probably be attributed to how much I was yammering on.

Morse, mecompco, nicktrap and 22 others like this.
  10. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

So after 4 bowls of club blend and latakia blend (Mac baren), the 5th was at full fresh tin moisture level... Flavor-awesome...tongue-pretty leathery... Time for something else...

11. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Good evening. Last smoke of the night is BBF in a Northern Briars billiard.

Absolutely lovely weather the past couple days. In the mid 50's now and breezy. Won't be too long before it stops getting hot during the day. :banana:

12. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

What a difference a day makes... Or if, which I suspect, it was the difference between folding the flake and rubbing it out, coarsely. Now I enjoyed the 111 (in the same G Huybrecht - London Castle as yesterday evening). Half the bowl is now finished and I´m off to the kitchen to brew me some PG Tips. I like flakes but I prefer to smoke them rubbed out. I never seem to get the flavour out the same way when folding them.

13. JimInks

Braves go home for the winter, and Vin and the Dodgers move on to the next round. I'm taking a short work break and am now smoking Dark Twist Roll Cake in a medium bend straight grain 2000 Winslow C silver spigot. I just fed Suzy and Molly, and refreshed my glass of properly chilled ice water. Mr. Wooly himself delivered the floaty li'l icebergs to insure their captivity in my glass cage of death! :csmile: Man, that Flatbush Paul sure is a badddddd influence on me!

14. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Finishing up a nice bowl of Bayou Morning in a Falcon. Going to do the can-can on the way to the can then can-can to bed.

Thuber88, Morse, mecompco and 18 others like this.
  15. JimInks

Still working, listening to the news, and now smoking Tilbury in a 2002 smooth Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn. Going back in the studio before Suzy and Molly get ideas I'm done with work for the evening. Man, it ain't even safe in my own house!!! :cfsd::beyes::bag:

16. dBear

dBear Active Member

Yeah, I do that when I've waited too long, too.

Just finished HU Edward G (thanks, Simmo!) in the Stout Squatch Volcano. It hit the spot so well, I'm going to do it again now in the Lean Volcano. Good morning to the good night crew!

17. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well, seems like the heavy winds pushed the storm over us to the north as my Davis Weather Center shows a mere .21" fell I watched what was coming on the radar so I battened the hatches and hit the sheets, oh well. Finished the remnants of Dunbar with PRM #1, then had a partial bowl of 965 in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem and grabbed PRM #2 to head up to the PC, #3 soon to follow, Good Morning PSFer's. :ccup:

18. JimInks

Work is finally done for the day. I just fed Suzy and Molly and break out the ear plugs for them in a couple of minutes. I'm about to light up a bowl of Academy in a 1981 smooth full bend Mauro Series Two 315 p-lip that copies the Peterson system. It was tempting to smoke another bowl of Tilbury, but the idea of a sweet smoke won out. Plus, this pipe is a good clencher, and that makes it easier to smoke when I play with the cats.

19. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

When I had finished the 111 I filled the Huybrect with what was left in the pouch of Borkum Riff Bourbon and - I have to admit - I liked it better. I guess I´m a simple guy of simple tastes. I often enjoy quite cheap and robust wines more than I do more prestigeous varieties and much the same goes for food. The simpler the better, in most cases. I drive an old beat up Chrysler and dress plainly. Hmmm... Food for thought. I´ll have to contemplate this on my balcony with my dear friend mr Huybrecht while we share a bowl of something. But first there´s a days work ahead.

Thuber88, Morse, mecompco and 18 others like this.
  20. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

Briar Patch Baker Street.

Thuber88, Morse, mecompco and 20 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.