1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

I'm loading up an Ascorti Signature Bent Apple with P&W Nut Brown Burley for my ride home. I'll have black coffee for the ride.

Thuber88, Lucky Duck, Morse and 18 others like this.
  2. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

So I come home to TWO boxes on the counter. One from my good friend Snake and another from Basil Meadows. Huh. That can't be right. I didn't order anything from him. That's my name on the box though...check this bad sumbitch out next to my TWO NEW FALCONS :byg:
    [​IMG]
    Here's a couple more..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You boys are too much. I thank you both from the bottom of my little heart. I can't wait to smoke all three. The boss lady has already taken a shine to the Wedding Pipe.

I would wonder what to smoke in them, but Snake also sent one of my favorites (BBF) and a Sam Gawith I've wanted to try. Golden Glow from July 2011. The prettier half is now referring to you as "Sneaky Snake" :byg:
    Edit: just realized that was my 1999th post. I should probably use my next one to say something really profound...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  3. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Home for the day, had a bowl of CH in the Dip on the way home. Have loaded the bent Falcon with a remnant of Firedance Flake, some Cumberland Twist (dried overnight) and a little CH on top to get the whole thing burning.

Power went out at 9:00 last night and hadn't come back when we left for work at 6:00. No coffee, no hot breakfast, no flushing, no showers. :eek: Sure glad it's back now!

4. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

For some idiots their mind clock has stopped many decades ego:

:xd:

House of Smoke No. 5.

5. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

is Gulag a holiday camp :rolleyes: :bag:

FlatbushPaul, YAPPG, psquared and 5 others like this.
  6. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Just don't post the I'm a Lumberjack and I don't care song! :eek: :xd: ;)

7. cigarsarge

cigarsarge Active Member

FVF in my Stanwell 45...One of my favorite combos.

8. dBear

dBear Active Member

:popc:

Thuber88, FlatbushPaul, Morse and 6 others like this.
  9. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

chauffeur duties again for Mrs Wicker this afternoon, shopping is her hobby [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I’m giving it a good test at the moment watching it colour up like a Meer :banana:
    While waiting I tried a couple of DIY and hardware shops to buy some wood for my pipe rack empire but drew a blank they had plenty of fancy moulding at fancy prices :eek: but planed 2” x 1/4” all I got was funny looks :bag: anybody would think it grew on trees or something :mad: So I’ve decided to save up and buy a small table saw then I can cut what I want, every few weeks the two German stores Aldi and Lidle have a tool offer. I’m still smoking it as I post this – cheers Rekamepip
    [​IMG]

10. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Well, I guess since almost all of my posts are either about smoking, beer, cigars, or ragging on Berg, it's only fitting that my 2000th be just that.

So I'm sitting on my porch smoking BBF in a bent Falcon ( :toast: Snake!)and drinking a Longhammer pale ale in a Belhaven pint glass. Because I'm classy, like Berg.
    [​IMG]

On a more serious note, I can't believe you bastards have put up with me for 2k posts. You guys rock. I wouldn't have stayed for 20 posts if it wasn't for all of you being who you are. I hope this place never changes.

Woody, you have my sincere thanks for allowing me to be a part of something so cool. :toast:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  11. dBear

dBear Active Member

Congrats on 2K!! :punk:

12. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

:gjob: Way to go Stick. 2000

13. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Get us a few pics if you can.

YAPPG, surlysoul, Wicker Man and 6 others like this.
  14. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

WalkinStick oh WalkinStick! Happy 2k!!!!!!!! and congrats on those awesome HATE items.

bdpbdpbdp

What a freakin' rustication on the pipe Basil made. And a bent Falcon!!!! WOOOHOOO. Great stuff! ​

15. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

For some reason mobile (iPad) Photobucket app is not working. So I'm pouting while smoking a mix of Uhley's 00 & #5100 Red Cake in a BullettProof cob. Oh and I still look like my avatar.

16. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Cheers everyone! Finally put the finishing touches on my graphic novel (after more than three years of work). Celebrating with some G,H & co. Balkan Mixture in my bulldog and a glass of wine in the garden. Gosh I love this tobacco. I wish I could smoke inside so my studio smelled like it.

Of course I spilled red wine on my thrifted Brooks Brothers sweater and now I'm cold.

Taking tomorrow off to recuperate and make some butternut squash soup, watch old movies (I'm thinking Fred Astaire) and catch up on my reading (Joan Aiken). The day after I'm going to spend the full day going over the comic to make sure I didn't screw up anything too much before sending it off to the publisher.
    [​IMG]

17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

A's lead the Tigers 1-0 in the 2nd. I'm smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter.

18. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Two thousand two shmousand. Numbers don't mean squat without content. Your content is not terrible. That is all.

19. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I lost my Rodgers knife and it's really pissing me off. Other than that, things are good.

Dark Flake, in a Castello.

[​IMG]

20. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Awww, WalkingStick's a piker!!!! :laff::appl::booty::old::old::buds::toast:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.