What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Acadian Perique - of the few MacBaren blends that I've tried - I think this one is tops! (maybe I ought to try some more from MacB )
    OT
    [​IMG]

2. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Kicking it old school on the ride home. SWR in my cob.

3. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Don't go getting all squishy on me now. You're all stuck with me.

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

No kidding ?! Man , thats pretty cool ! I'll trade ya a pipe for some of them , if you were interested

Had the morning RockCob of SWR with coffee ... awesome !
    Hanging out with Ma today and was able to squeeze in a bowl of the G&H American Delite in my new Savinelli Tevere Bent ... fun stuff !

5. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Last bowl of CH in the DGE BLW Egg.

6. WalkinStick

So now you're going to smoke some old raggedy dust that Berg sent in it? About time... :booty:

7. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

So you picked up the Western Union?

I got a box today, had some of that stuff in it. Had vegetables in it as well. Weird.

8. WalkinStick

I thought you could only smoke that stuff out of vegetables?

9. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Got the savinelli piazza di spagna stuffed full of exhausted rooster, spurs and all.

10. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Edward G. Robinson in the Irwin S. Cobb Cob, myeah, before 2 wonderful bowls of home made corn chowder using sweet potatoes rather than regular potatoes, I really like it more than the traditional way and after I had a bowl of McB's Club Blend in the MM Diplomat with blue and white Forever Stem. Take that ya mugs. Congrats Stick on 2K :buds:

11. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Happy 238th Birthday to the US Navy where I served and later worked as a civilian for over 30 of those years! :bday: [​IMG]

12. user3221

user3221 Active Member

I thought Jpberg drinks Coors
    :cfsd:

13. User4408

User4408 Active Member

A new guest at our kitchen breakfast table: bulk MB Mixture Scottish Blend in a straight MM Washington ...

[​IMG]

Nothing fancy, but it's awfully good. I've dubbed this pipe Vermeer since the texture and color of the MM Washington remind me of a Dutch painting. My wife told me to try to use the word 'Vermeer' in a sentence today. So there you go.

14. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Coming to the last few smokes of my Middletons Walnut. Smoking it in the MM Diplomat.

[​IMG]

15. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:th1::th1::th1:

16. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Went to the B&M today and did my usual lengthy browse that Niall the proprietor has grown to expect and went for what he recommended as their most popular aro house blend. Kentucky Nougat. All the ease of the US OTCs I love and a nice creamy sweetness. Great stuff! Smoking it in a Plumb bent and banded billiard. Also invested in some reusable 'bergs that are having a dip in my Pepsi Max.

17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

18. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Finishing the last coin of my Escudo in a Leonessa Briosa rusticated apple.

19. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Love that Danish bit, HS! The ones I got recently are simply perfect, especially the bents: pass a pipe cleaner with ease, and are super comfortable.

That fading jar of Walnut gives me the creeps though :beyes:. Hopefully you've got a full tin lurking somewhere in the background.

So, you mentioned earlier you're trimming your rotation for the winter. Too many choices? I seem to have the opposite situation: I can't get enough variety. A couple of sealed, yet-untried tins of Former flakes are calling my name, and my resistance is getting low. I strongly sense a whoosh! or two in my immediate future.

Also I've been meaning to ask you ... I see you smoke MCB and Sugar Barrel quite a bit. It has been years, but it's time I try those two again. Which of those do you recommend more? I'm looking for a new early-day smoke that the Mrs. might also like. I recall those two as having exceptional room notes.

Mixture in a cob ...

20. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Jhonny "Yeah, I took steroids" Peralta just hit a three run homer to tie the A's- Tigers game 3-3 in the :dkn:. I just lit up a bowl of St. James Flake in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer. Guess the A's pitcher got lit up, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.