1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Back at my perch on Flagstaff hill with the pipe I got from Ruffinogold and the Balkan Sasieni he kindly sent along with it while I grade my students' essays. I smoked two bowls and my tongue feels just fine thanks to some stellar advice given on the Ask an Old Guy section. What a difference! I hadn't realized how badly I'd been roasting my tongue. I feel like kissing somebody!

2. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

If the rider likes fresh air so much :cfsd: don't you have a roof rack :ngty: sorry IGMC [​IMG]
    I'll go outside and smoke some Wicker mix in the Rekamepip Briar

3. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Red Cake in a Black Rock. :hbang:

4. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG] I see PipeSimmo was the first to like that :sh:
    [​IMG]

5. dBear

dBear Active Member

This is good advice. You can put a big "Non Smoking Section" sign on it. Who was that French queen that said, "Then let them breathe diesel"?

Lighting up some of WalkinStick's Pirate Kake (thank you, sir!) in a Falcon. Back to work.

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I think I'm awake again, but until I smoke, I'm not certain. MacBaren Vanilla Cream in a straight 1979 MM Legend.

7. conroygc

conroygc Member

Woke up craving Carter Hall. So I'm smoking some in an old Pete billiard.
    This is actually the first time I've had carter hall. It's mellow and pleasant and I could smoke it all day. But I like my burley to have a bit nuttier flavor.

8. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

HAHA, lol Wicker lol. [​IMG]

9. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Took a Bribe this afternoon :eek: Mrs Wicker gave me some money to have a Hair cut and a couple of Beers as a reward :toast:
    So off to Skipton Hair cut done a No.6. Then went to a small DIY Ironmongers I often get bits from, and he had the wood for the pipe racks I wanted and even better sizes
    (not like the Super DIY stores the other day)
    1-3/4" x 3/4" and 1-3/4" x 3/8" both x 10 foot, one of each and then it was on to
    [​IMG]
    I was only having 1 pint so choices choices
    [​IMG]
    stayed with one I knew
    [​IMG]
    Orkell's Bitter from the Isle of Man and the Rekamepip Briar with Teddy's York-Shire Tobacco
    and a Tip for Berg that's a small magnet between the knife and lighter, makes it alot bigger lump to lose :old:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Pure Perfection indeed
    [​IMG]
    then uptown to look for Mrs Wicker in the shoe mines or handbag quarry :msty: but on passing a junk shop I spotted some thing I'll post about in Pipes Rocktoberfest show us your Rock Cobs thread
    [​IMG]
    where Rekamepip is still offering :-
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  10. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Some Erinmore Flake in my "Savoy" pipe while carving the first Jack O Lantern of the year.
    [​IMG]

11. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Seems like you sent some UK weather with that hate mail, Snake! 68F, cloudy, and windy. I'm going to warm up with a Falcon full of BBF and a cup of Irish breakfast tea.

Two days in a row off but I'm going to fix the log splitter and bust up a few cords of wood for my parents Friday, so I guess just one day off.

12. GlassEye

GlassEye Member

SG Kendal Cream Flake in the straight Falcon Extra billiard. I dried this flake to crispy and it didn't burn well at all, for some reason dry tobacco will not burn for me; this stuff burns really nicely at fresh moisture level though.

13. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

I wondered :cfsd: what was under the Black Leather Glove :eek:

14. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

That's pretty weird. I don't usually have any problems with wetter flakes though, so I never really dry anything too much.

15. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

Back from bankfuelpostofficedoctorofficeAT&Tfoodmart. Now for some C&D Burley Flake #1 in a Stanwell churchwarden[​IMG]

16. Eric

Eric Member

G.L. Pease Haddo's Delight in an American Bent Tanshell while at lunch reading "Who do you think you are?" by Mark Driscoll, lakeside.

17. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Loaded an MM Washington with Condor, for my morning walk, but the wind was blowing so hard at the start point ( below ) - smoking was out of the question!. But after around three miles, and a flask of coffee back in the car, the Condor was all the more enjoyable!
    OT
    [​IMG]

18. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Wow! What a great photo! Sounds like you have an ideal walking path.

19. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Smoking my ya/per blend I mixed up yesterday, in a Gold Crest Medico Apple. Pg tips to drink.

20. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

I see you have Pipe Dreams as well :ngty:
    [​IMG]
    :whis:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.