What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User4408

User4408 Active Member

A splendid idea!

Like any good host, I too provide comfortable outdoor seating for all our non-smoking guests:

[​IMG]

DTM Milonga in a Peterson Sherlock Holmes Lestrade ...

Thuber88, jhguthlac, JWG25 and 22 others like this.
  2. SteveH

SteveH Active Member

Very nice! Is that metal bowl rim a repair?

3. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Last of the Middletons Walnut, smoking it in the MM Diplomat

4. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] Time to head off to "Take a vegan for a cheeseburger night" Temperance is the byword. Enjoying a rockin' good bowl of C&D Three Friars. Catch ya for a nightcap.

5. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good evening everyone! Home from work, dinner's cooking. I'm taking a few minutes to DGT a little of this PS LNF from this morning. Daisy's been out of town since Sunday afternoon, So I'm making a special dinner for her return, this evening. I think the ducklings will like it too. Drinking black coffee, btw. Puff on!

WalkinStick! Congrats on 2K!!!

6. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

You stole it, man! Very nice price... the one with the silver rim is a supreme? And are they new or estate petes? You hit the jackpot - no question.

Just about to smoke the last bowl of the day, Patriot Flake thanks to David Emond! :toast: in a Peterson Killarney with a very long shank. Good night all!

7. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Sid has Pipe Dreams as well !
    [​IMG]

8. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

See ya around noon tomorrow.

9. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

When did my cap grow Micky Mouse ears? Easy when Wicker saw the quote
    [​IMG]

10. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

I planned to keep the original MM Diplomat alone for 48-72 hours but after I got it all scraped down and lightly sanded I figured why not try some of the Boswell's Christmas Cookie #2 I got along with some PS Luxury Navy Flake and P&W Rumcake in the box the Growley Cutty came in so I loaded it up and QC'd my work, no leaks and Christmas Cookie #2 ain't a bad smoke!

Went to acupuncture and got home just long enough to have my wife tell me she was headed to pick up her eyeglasses so I asked if she would drop me off at my friend the rod maker and pick me up on the way back. While at Fred's we looked at the refurbishing job he did on my WW II period FE Thomas which is very scarce since very little rod making was done during the war, we also discussed a possible side job for him for our Nordic walking Class Instructor who was considering a Presentation Grade Nordic Walking Stick set with bamboo so I ran the prototype of what he and I came up with the other day and bounced some other ideas having spoken with Lauren about it during our walk, the next step is for the three of us to meet.

Got home and packed the MM Diplomat with blue and white Forever Stem with St James Woods then we had tomato sandwiches on fresh baked sour dough bread.
    Just verified I have enough Latakia Flake to smoke tonight and tomorrow then I can crack open a tin of Kajun Kake since it will be the start of Columbus Day Weekend! :drly:

11. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Danny, in spite of all the Amish around here, I've yet to find a good wood magnet, so alas, my matches won't be sticking to anything soon.:)

Don't tell Doug, but that ain't Carter Hall in that pipe.

[​IMG]

12. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

you must have something metalic in your pocket ? keys, tobacco tin DWaugh will help you out that's what "bitches" :oops: are for :old:

13. Tony Bybee

Tony Bybee Member

came across a one year old tin of macB navy flake today at my local b&m. the price was about 200% higher than online. so i bought it.:xd: there is something to be said for instant gratification. wow, really like it.

14. User4408

User4408 Active Member

I just channeled Bev, who thanks you for that one ... he says things are quite comfortable down there.

The lips on that beauty are simple a-MAH-zing, as my younger colleagues like to say. The situation for males is pretty much hopeless. Even Cary Grant said that guys should just do the smart thing and give up at the very beginning ... females will win every time.

At least I can declare a brief moment of victory with this Dark Twist in a cob.

15. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Cripes I'm not even close to being Amish but Jeez even us Mainers know a piece of Duck Tape rolled over onto itself and placed on the end of a dowel or scrap wood makes a dandy wood magnet! :booty:

16. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Don't forget what happened to PipeSimmos Hand :old: :msty:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    that's why he has to wear a Black Leather Glove :ngty:

17. ChristTiger

ChristTiger Active Member

Briar Fox in a cob. Amazing!

18. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

19. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Getting ready for the Pirates-Cardinals game tonight. While waiting for dinner, I'm smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1980s smooth slight bend Wally Frank Dublin. A bottle of Pepsi made with pure cane sugar is my drink.

20. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Some of this
    [​IMG]
    in my Ragenella to finish off the evening
    [​IMG]
    Dream on PSF
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]