1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? October 2013.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Hofnar, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Guess the night shift went to bed early, the slackers!! My last smoke before sleep is 1940s Prince Albert spiced with rum in a 2002 medium bend sandblasted Stanwell Golden Danish 139. Got a lot of reading done, but have more to do, so while this bowl lasts, so will I, until later. See you folks in a few hours.

2. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

:byg:

Esoterica Tobacciana Blackpool.

3. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

And what, may I ask, are you smoking?

Thuber88, YAPPG, WalkinStick and 5 others like this.
  4. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

5. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Ah, my bad. Is it good?

YAPPG, psquared, WalkinStick and 4 others like this.
  6. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

So and so my friend.I am not a big fan of Virginias and the taste of liquor [cognac,whisky etc] it's difficult to achieved without some "problems",i have sensitive palate to additives. The stamp "White Trash repairs" isn't mine and i don't use such words when i speak to Southerners.

7. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Good morning! Two pipes this morning, some CC in the bent Falcon, then half a flake of ODF in the Paykoc meer. Wife and I are headed to a tech conference today, a nice way to start the long weekend. Got the pouch loaded with (what else) CH for the drive. Have a great day, all.

Lucky Duck, JWG25, YAPPG and 17 others like this.
  8. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Samovar, in a blasted Dublin, for the TGIF smoke.

Thuber88, Lucky Duck, JWG25 and 12 others like this.
  9. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Howdy Doody PSFer's, up a bit ago having some 965 in the Charlie Brown Cob and a PRM of Khave, strong and black in the good old PRM, on to #2 with #3 on my mind. The lump went down with Mutha and did the Levi morph, performed ablutions, had his feed bag and has returned to lump status, our lady of the sheets were kind to me just the right amount of sleep. :bing:

Thuber88, Lucky Duck, JWG25 and 18 others like this.
  10. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Good Morning,
    An early start to the day and I'm starting it with Kingfisher from 1999 in a Davorin Morta Bent Apple with Ethiopian Amaro Natural black coffee.

Happy Friday Smoking,
    Paul

Thuber88, Lucky Duck, JWG25 and 17 others like this.
  11. user3221

user3221 Active Member

12. JimInks

Slept for an hour, and woke up for no good reason, so I decided to enjoy summer on this fall day with A Taste of Summer in a straight 2012 MM Mizzou cob. I just finished it, and since m'lady's getting up to do thing, I'll help her out as soon as I find another smoke.

13. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

I closed the office at noon and ate a swedish lunch consisting of sliced bolied eggs on knäckebröd with Kalles kaviar and purjolök washed down with OP and Zeunerts lager. After that I smoke a bowl of Caravelle in the first briar pipe I bought. I don´t really know when or what i paid. it´s a basket pipe. I consider it a no name-pipe but there is a stamp "Old Fried, Real Briar". It´s stained very dark brown and i suspect there is very little briar in it. It has the thinnest walls I´ve ever seen. It was, therefore, a very good pipe for a beginner sinc it didn´t take much to make it impossible to hold without burning ones fingers. also it´s quite elegant. It´s tall (like me) and slim (unlike me).

[​IMG]

14. JimInks

Since I was smoking a cob, I thought I'd smoke another one, so it's 1980s Sir Walter Raleigh in a medium bend 2002 MM Legend cob.

15. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

I like the taste of liquor but in a glass rather than in a bowl. However it can, used in moderation, enhance the smoking experience like in the Boruk Riff Bourbon (that doesn´t really taste of whiskey when you smoke it) or in Caravelle (that doesn´t really taste of rum).

BTW I´m a northener...

16. dBear

dBear Active Member

Been starting my day with McC #2035 Dark Navy Flake in the Stout Squatch Volcano. Bustelo coffee in the mug. Wishing I had baked some bread because toast with a ton of butter would taste really good right now.

17. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Early rising, late posting, good morning one and all. For my commute in this morning, I chose Great Outdoors and fed it to a Dr. G Westbrook Rhodie. Of course there was piping hot coffee, black and strong. I have read JimInks reviews of several Sutliff PS blends and have tried and liked many. This GO is really a nice atomatic that is not too sweet and doesn't junk up my pipe. Smoked slowly you can pick up on the nuttiness of the burley and frutiness of the cavendish. Unlike many aros, the sweetness is a nice touch but it doesn't overpower the burley tobacco taste. Miss Daisy likes the room note and that is an added bonus.

18. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Had some Rumcake in the orig MM Diplomat with Wellington Forever Stem giving it the last QC prior to completing the cleanup from refilling bulges since it's been around quite a few years and has many smokes, often in succession, through the years, should be fine until next year. PRM #5 was had during a breakfast of poached eggs over wheat english muffins, now getting ready for walkabout having changed the furnace filter with a high efficiency allergen on good for 90-120 days but we'll change it earlier and get on a monthly schedule from that point. Have not turned on the propane Jotul #3 cast iron stove yet since that happens about the time I shut off the outside water and convert the ponds from waterfall to fountain with the pumps inside buckets to prevent a total freeze preventing the build up of gases for the fish.

19. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Melorning.
    GH burfis n bight
    In s duvin
    Te on a sife

20. dBear

dBear Active Member

I think Snake's about as awake today as I was yesterday. Melorning Snik!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.