1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? September 2012

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldSouled65

OldSouled65 Active Member

I'm thinking Capt. Earles Nightwatch in my Pete X220 after dinner. Possibly enjoy some Tom Waits while doing so.

Jammer, MacNutz, Old Codger and 3 others like this.
  2. phinz

phinz Active Member

Still writing. Still smoking Sugar Barrel in a Legend. Have graduated from Diet Dr. Pepper to Lagavulin Distiller's Edition.

[​IMG]

3. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Smoked a couple blends I shouldn't have today. Tongue bite express. Still... PA in a Pete with a p.lip

OldSouled65, Old Codger and dwaugh like this.
  4. Morse

Morse Active Member

I can barely spell scotch but I do know that Lagavulin is some good stuff! Cheers.

Oh and I think that you need to turn off PSF if you intend to get anything done - I speak from experience ;)

Dondi and dwaugh like this.
  5. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Send me some of it, and I will help you spell it :)

nesta, Old Codger and TedVig like this.
  6. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Connoisseur's Choice in a small anonymous bent meerschaum. Small rum toddy after an evening walk. Can see the glow to the south from the fires. Frost warning on for tonight. 6C(42F)H50%

7. Hugepom

Hugepom Member

Just cracked open some 2012 Christmas Cheer (is it too early?) to top off the first night of a much needed vacation. A cool breeze and an ice cold Magic Hat round this night out nicely...:hbang:

OldSouled65 likes this.
  8. irish2fish

irish2fish Active Member

Perterson's Irish whiskey , in a Peterson church warden , with a Guinness.

Old Codger, Jammer and OldSouled65 like this.
  9. OldSouled65

Very Irish of you.

irish2fish likes this.
  10. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

PS Navy flake in the Pete, followed by a bowl of something I won't mention here. :) It is bed time. Can't believe I actually arose at six AM, instead of going to bed at six AM

krusty, Old Codger and Mount Mandolin like this.
  11. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Man, I bet Vancouver is a nice place to live. And so beautiful too. :)

Solani Silver Flake in the Peterson 303. Nice night out again tonight. I'm not getting my hopes up for fall just yet, but it seems to be on its way.

12. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I love living here. Sadly i can't find my wife's little digital camera. I want to take some picks of the roof garden while it is still alive. My heirloom tomatoes are right on schedule. Lots of big green ones. I love fried green tomatoes. I planted several, late in season so that I would have lots of big green ones for the fall

Old Codger, Mount Mandolin and TedVig like this.
  13. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

HOC Ancient Imperial (MrJarvis) in an IMP Meer (Morse) earlier. Cigar now (Marker?)
    Thanks gents!

PS> Morse's meer is sweet. I might accidentally "break it" while fixing it ;-)

Old Codger, Morse and Mount Mandolin like this.
  14. Scurvy

Scurvy Member

Esoterica Dunbar in a Sav 320KS

15. OldSouled65

Figured out me and McClelland VA's don't get along. Esoterica Dorchester in a Patriot now.

16. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

I had no idea you could grow good heirloom tomatoes in Vancouver. My Alaskan friends are constantly lamenting the lack of them up there, but then again, they're much farther north. Like, central Yukon north. You lived in AL awhile back, right? How do the tomatoes you grow up there compare to the ones down here? I eat a tomato sandwich for lunch three days a week all summer, so I always like to have good tomatoes available in the warm months.

Having some 1792 Flake in a Wally Frank Canadian before bedtime. I thought I had forgotten what a nicotine buzz felt like, but now I remember. Haven't had a cig in several days, so that helps too.

Old Codger, phinz and OldSouled65 like this.
  17. phinz

phinz Active Member

Needed something with a little more oomph to it to keep me going. I tried crawling into bed and sleeping, but my brain is going 100 mph. I got back up and kept writing, but switched to Anni Kake in the same Legend. Diet Rite on the side. I figure if I'm up another 1.5 hours I can go downtown and get some donuts from the Donut Friar so I have a sugar rush to keep me up until bedtime tomorrow night. I'd love to push through this rewrite in a week and be able to spend the second week with my wife and dogs when they get here.

[​IMG]

Old Codger likes this.
  18. phinz

phinz Active Member

We're a county away from Grainger County, so I eat tomato sandwiches all summer too. Dollop of Miracle Whip, a slice of American cheese and a 1" thick piece of Grainger County tomato on a couple of slices of wheat bread. A little salt and pepper on the tomato and I'm good to go. I can eat three of those in one sitting, but my stomach hates me for it later.

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  19. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Pipe Shop Premium mixture English No. 2.

Old Codger likes this.
  20. OldSouled65

Haunted Bookshop, I want to try Old Joe Krantz, I hear it's heavier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.