What Are You Smoking? September 2012

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Smoked and Aristocob fulla Exhausted Rooster earlier. Kickin' back with Irish Oak in the WTF pipe. Mom scored me a pipe stand for a dollar at the Goodwill store behind her house. Good goin', mom!

I'd post pics, but photobucket's acting a ß!+©Ħ and won't let me upload anything. I can only console myself with beer. :drunk:

user3221, Artistik, Jammer and 4 others like this.
  2. Tsal

Tsal Well-Known Member

Dunhill Flake in the same stubby chubby rusty. Oh in case your wonderin'. Moretti.

SidStavros and Johnny Dingo like this.
  3. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

It is delicious. This tin has been open and slowly dwindling for two months now.

4. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Wessex Brown VA flake in a don carlos billiard. I've had this stuff jarred for a year. Smooth and sweet.

Old Codger and OldSouled65 like this.
  5. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Had some Stonehaven in the Northern Briars banker earlier at the B&M while drooling over some L'Anatra pipes that the proprietor of said B&M was trying to sell me. Love that place, and the people who run it are fantastic people, but Skip is a salesman to the core, lol. He always says, "Edward! I've got something that has your name written all over it, and you have gotta see it!" :D I really may buy one of those L'Anatra's for my next pipe though, if I can get the money together before they're gone.

I did buy some Quiet Nights, which I've never had before, and some Bullseye Flake, and I'm trying to decide whether to open the Quiet Nights or not. It's stamped 10/18/11, so it's already got almost a year on it. Maybe I'll wait for October 18, when I can have it in some nice, cool, quiet night weather.

6. OldSouled65

OldSouled65 Active Member

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  7. phinz

phinz Active Member

Settling in for a long evening of rewriting. A glass of Yuengling Octoberfest, a brand new Legend with a wad of Sugar Barrel, some Latin music on the iPod and I'm ready to go.

[​IMG]

8. krusty

krusty Active Member

507c in a MM Spool took me through work today and now I'm at home relaxing.

I have a large shot glass of Makers Mark beside the laptop. Don't scream but I did put one very small bit of ice in it. What can I say, I like it that way.
    I have my Sav "Solaria" 614 hanging out my mouth. It's burning Wessex Gold Brick just now.
    At this moment, this evening, life is good.

[​IMG]

9. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

I gotts try the brick one of these days.

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  10. krusty

krusty Active Member

Yes you do!
    Anyone that would enjoy a full, sweet, rich flavored Va that is also mild enough I can't imagine it producing a bite owes it to themselves to buy a plug of this (-:

TedVig likes this.
  11. TheLonePipeman

TheLonePipeman Member

Squadron Leader in a 409 Comoys Guildhall (bent bulldog). The cooler air tonight was reminding me of Fall, and that reminded me of SL. About to put some chicken on the grill.

12. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

Stonehaven in a Peterson 306

13. Fbones24

Fbones24 Member

Boswell's chocolate cream in a nording freehand. One pleasant aro!

SidStavros and County Mountie like this.
  14. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Rattray's Red Rapparee....been a while since I've smoked this....very cool blend! Perfection in the BST

15. piper mike

piper mike Member

As some no I'm new to this I went to the closest shoppe around and met some great folks in valdosta very helpful. I got a blend that was recommended called leafs choice and a blend not recommended and of course theleafs choice turned out beat I got some lat I'm gonna mix with some other blends note to self listen to the professionals lol

Artistik likes this.
  16. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Throw a bag of ball bearings on the floor and then you can go drifting while enjoying a smoke.

C&D Epiphany in a Peterson 80S. Less oomph to it than Painter Hills. Crushed ice and lime. 20C(68F)H19%

highstump, SouthBound, Skrymr and 2 others like this.
  17. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Scream? No, bourbon is best on the rocks. My family is from Kentucky and south Alabama, you can trust me. :) I tend to drink Woodford Reserve or Bulleit these days, but I used to always buy Maker's.

LBF in a cob. Nice night out. Decided to hold off on opening the Quiet Nights for a little while. I think I'll survive. :)

krusty and OldSouled65 like this.
  18. Skrymr

Skrymr Member

Earlier today it was Sugar Barrel in my DGE MP nose warmer. Followed by CH in same nose warmer.

Artistik and Old Codger like this.
  19. user2725

user2725 Active Member

Peterson's Perfect Plug in a sandblasted bent Barber B-line...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Stormy, krusty, Jammer and 3 others like this.
  20. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Hello All,
    McC. Navy Cavendish from '99 in my Altinok Pear with some Earl Grey ice tea.

Paul

SidStavros, krusty, jpberg and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.