What Are You Smoking? September 2012

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

I hear you M.M. Texas is at Ole Miss tonight I hope Mr Freeze has the Rebels ready for them Long Horns.;)

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  2. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

About to smoke some Wilkie #10 (a "take" from the box pass). Corgie on one side, Yuengling Oktoberfest on the other side.

3. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

EMP in a Peterson

OldSouled65 and nesta like this.
  4. highstump

highstump Active Member

Lazy day today. Other than rid the world of a few bowls of that killer weed tobacco, I haven't done one single worthwhile thing all day. I kind of like it. :puffy:

McClelland 2015 in a Peterson with a very large (and I'm talking Bloomberg banning proportions) cherry coke.

jpberg, OldSouled65 and krusty like this.
  5. user2725

user2725 Active Member

Bedtime bowl of JFH's Whiskey Biscuit Gravy last night in a small gourd Calabash and a bowl of F&K Sterling Balkan #759 in a Peterson XL02 Green Spray Spigot today while out driving.

6. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

Boswell's Christmas Cookie in my semi bent bulldog

OldSouled65 likes this.
  7. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I dunno, I guess it's tough. I do clean it a lot and use alcohol in the bowl on a regular basis.. For what ever reason I rarely have moist doddle in the bottom. very rarely, what ever tobacco I'm smoking. But I don't smoke aros. I had an uncle what smoked the same pipe day in and day out for years. It was coal black but he said it was brown when he got it as a young man. He was in his late sixties or early seventies when I hung out with him. He really did scare off mosquitoes if you stood close enough.

Also, my Pete is a system pipe so the drool never gets down to the bowl. I think that and the tendency to smoke every bowl to the bottom is why it survives such abuse. I figure if I had two more like it (except bigger) I would never need another pipe. Happily I suffer from serious TAD rather than PAD.

I have not had the same luck with cobs. No real problems but they can't take this kind of abuse before getting soggy and horrible. Nothing that alcohol and sunshine can't fix.

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  8. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

OH yeah, I forgot the important part. Having started the day with navy flake I have deserted the navy and gone to sea with Pirate Kake, in the Pete with Samuel Adams. I love the bitter hops, the best commercial beer in North America, in my opinion. And I live in Canada where most American beers are seriously frowned upon for good reason.

9. user2725

user2725 Active Member

10. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

As always, DH nightcap in my Pete meer. Although I have been expanding.
    I jumped aboard the CH in a cob train, and have been trying out some frog morton blends.

Lithua pipe likes this.
  11. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Thought I'd perhaps give McClelland's Oriental Mixture No. 14 a try again. From an unjarred tin I opened back in March...still moist enough. Actually, didn't take light all that readily.

So far so good.

12. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Kendal Flake with some almond toast....I'm feeling kinda nutty.

...get it?

13. OldSouled65

OldSouled65 Active Member

Finishing off 3/4ths of a bowl of MacBaren's Golden Extra I had to put down earlier. Even better now, might I say :).

14. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

:shead:

This 14 isn't really doing it for me. Gonna go for something else I think

15. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Irish Flake in the Baki, watching some Dr Who :)

krusty, Monkeyshine and AussieTX like this.
  16. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

Irish Flake in a Savinelli poker.

highstump and krusty like this.
  17. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

My first cousin played for the Rebels with Eli and Deuce and was actually Eli's roommate for a time. The Mannings are good people, even if Peyton did play for Tennessee :), and I like Ole Miss to this day. Used to have a lot of fun in the Grove on Saturdays in the fall.

Having some Quiet Nights in a Neerup. I'm terrible at not opening tins, especially stuff I haven't tried. This was a good buy, though. Reminds me of Penzance pretty strongly, actually. Greg is a really great blender, seriously. I'd like to learn more about him, because I don't believe I've ever been let down by one of his blends.

18. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Bob's Chocolate Flake in
    a Falcon meer. Glenmorangie 10
    On the side and Moving Pictures
    as loud as I dare push these
    car speakers. Big up to nesta for
    the sample! Let the short weekend begin!

Morse likes this.
  19. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Oh, how are you liking the Bob's Chocolate Flake? I think it's pretty darn good, and while I haven't had it to compare, a number of people here seem to think it's better than the SG Chocolate Flake :th1:

20. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

I was going to ask that. I like SG Chocolate. I really can't wait to sink my teeth into some GH stuff. It's so intriguing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.