What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I'm a couple of minutes away from smoking Country Doctor Match in a 1980 Stanwell 668 medium bend with a ferrule, half black sandblasted, half brown smooth, rough top. This has a nice earthy burley taste. I never smoked the original. I wonder how close a match this is? Well, one way or another, this is a pretty decent blend on its own.

2. JimInks

Still working, still drinking that fabled ice water, listening to old radio shows, and now smoking Louisiana Red in a 1999 medium bend black sandblast Savinelli Tris 677KS apple with a cumberland stem.

Thuber88, Tsalagi44, Morse and 19 others like this.
  3. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Picked the blackberries to top off the morning porridge, caught up on the overnight posts, downing cup number one of strong black coffee and filling the Country Gent with Plum Cake. Will head to the garden after breakfast to smoke bowl number one. I don't think the Plum Cake will last two more weeks, may have to head across the road and purchase a pouch of whatever.

Thuber88, Miller319, Morse and 22 others like this.
  4. dBear

dBear Active Member

Smoking Marble Kake in the WDC Horn meer, trying to get work finished. I guess I should have started earlier. Wonder why I didn't think of that? :whis:

5. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Morning folks. In spite of a good night's sleep, I still feel like Mr Gumby, the 1820 in the Killarney and the coffee isn't working.

Thuber88, Tsalagi44, Morse and 16 others like this.
  6. JimInks

Work is finally done for the day, so I'm relaxing with a bowl of Maple Street in the third pipe I ever bought ($1.95), a 1974 smooth straight French briar Hadley Apple. Watching a few videos with Molly, who enjoys watching video on the computer. Sometimes, I'll play videos with birds and squirrels and she'll paw at the screen as if she can catch them. Suzy and Molly are indoor cats only, but they love to sit in the window and see what they're missing. But they've been indoors so much now, that they really don't like the idea of going outside, which is fine with me.

Thuber88, Morse, YAPPG and 17 others like this.
  7. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Blue Note in the MM Legend with French pressed coffee while browsing the forums and chatting to the wife.

Can't wait for the Noggins order to arrive so I have more to talk about than the same three tobaccos in the same three pipes.

8. sonarman

sonarman Member

Up for about an hour now. More testing on the handling system, then some Sonar training, then assist with the system upgrade, then maybe some me time to get checked into the command, lol!
    Ennerdale in a MM Diplomat, HOOYAH!

MainePipe, Morse, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  9. briandevlin

briandevlin Member

C&:D Billy Bud in a Medcalf 4 panel poker :p:uffy
    [​IMG]

Sent from another galaxy using Tapatalk 4 beta

WalkinStick, Morse, YAPPG and 13 others like this.
  10. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Good Monday morning! This should be a good week--my psycho workaholic boss is on vacation for the week and her assistant is much more reasonable to deal with. Had some Petersons CC in the bent Falcon and have moved on to some OJK in the small WDC Wellington. Got the Pat loaded with Sugar Barrel for the commute. Have a great day all.

WalkinStick, Morse, YAPPG and 17 others like this.
  11. JimInks

Last smoke before sleep is Angler's Dream in a smooth 1998 Parker 489 three quarter bend Billiard. Reading about "Ellery Queen", one of my favorite mystery detectives. And yes, I'm still drinking ice water.

12. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Princes Street, in a blasted and bent dublin.

13. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[2/12/1923 – 16/9/1977] 36 years from the death of our singer Maria Callas. :(

Herman Lane Very Cherry.

14. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Happy Monday,

This is my first day back amongst the semi-living. Rachel is sure that I had/have pneumonia, I don't know, but today I can breathe well, so I'm back in the salt mines.

I had a Doug Erwin cob full of Rum Flake on the drive in (although I couldn't taste much), but let's keep that between us, shall we?

15. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good morning everyone!I'm smoking PS LTF in my MM SS GD Egg. I'm drinking black coffee from my giant glass Mickey Mouse mug w/my name on it. Have a great day! Puff on!

Edit: Berg, Glad you're feeling better! Prayers for a complete recovery soon. Also thinking of F&B this morning.

16. User4408

User4408 Active Member

You're in good company, MDaws. Here's an entry from The New Quotable Einstein (2005, p. 275) ...

Einstein was said to be so fond of his pipe that he held on to it even after he fell into the water during a boating accident; see Ehlers, Liebes Hertz! 149

I'll be super careful the next time I draw a bath. That's the closest we ever get to water here in Tucson.

Most of my fleet of MM cobs are still unsmoked, including the two Diplomats. So I've been staring at them for the past hour trying to decide if I want to dedicate them: the straight to Mixture, and the bent to SWR. Weighty decision. I've even got the sticky labels out so I can tag the bottoms over top of the MM factory labels. I really don't want to start down this dedication road, but if I hold it to just these two, maybe no harm done.

So I'm loading some fresh bulk Mixture into the straight MM Diplomat, and we'll see how it goes ...

[​IMG]

17. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Morning ladies and gents. Starting the day with SWR in a Dr.G Westie with plenty of hot coffee.

18. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good morning again! Bowl No. 2 today is a repeat of bowl No. 1. Now it's complimentary coffee out a styrofoam cup, as walkabout has commenced. Puff on!

Thuber88, mecompco, MDaws79 and 17 others like this.
  19. kb7get

kb7get Member

Cob fried SWR and a cup of coffee chaser.

20. user3221

user3221 Active Member

SWRA in MMd

mwh coffee in cup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.