1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Finishing up the second half of a bowl of MacBaren Club Blend in the Dr. G Duke that I started last night.

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Rockies lead the Cards 2-1 in the 8th, and the Royals lead the Indians 5-1 in the 7th. I'm listing this next smoke a few minutes early so I can go back to the studio and work: Capstan Blue in a mid-1970s black rusticated straight Savinelli Estella 915 KS. More ice water with icebergs from the Arctic Circle, and listening to the BBC news.

3. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Actually, this bowl of the old Balkan is tasting better than any Penzance I have had, IMHO. Wish I had more than just a couple of bowls of it. Was in the box pass.

4. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

McClelland 3 Oaks in the Ashton Brindle XX Canadian.

[​IMG]

5. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Puffing away the pain of watching my Steelers look woefully inept against the Bungles. Dorchester in a Karl Erik Ekstravagant with some Dickel 12 certainly makes things better.

6. Morse

Morse Active Member

That meer saw several bowls of Petersons Connoisseurs Choice and some Dans Blue Note. I'm afraid the Everclear wasn't able to get rid of it all. Run some of those Lats of Berg’s through there - that should take care of it ;).

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Sir Walter Raleigh in the Winslow. Last smoke of the day.

Usually blends of such a cut are really a bear for me, but I just opened the pouch, and straight from the pouch to the bowl without any air time and it lit right up.

8. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Hours spent designing Mr Ink's coffee cup on cafepress
    :mad:and yet my avatar is still smiling ?

Taking a break - then reboot computer - just so i can double check what differences have been made

all while smoking a bowl of home blended burley in rockcob:puffy::puffy::puffy:

9. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

I'm just now seeing this, but I swear to god OT, if you leave PSF I will break down and weep. (I say that mainly because I have a feeling that that's the kind of statement that you would hate, in hopes of eliciting a sarcastic response.) Don't leave PSF, what the hell else would you do with yourself? :D

Good evening folks. Had a few smokes today, but I've been busy, so I'll just post a couple of them. Highlights, if you will. During the day: 2 bowls of Elizabethan Mixture in the Dunhill Shell billiard. Then when I got home, there was a nice package waiting for me from a kind friend here at PSF, and since the contents included Germain's Brown Flake, I smoked a large bowl of that in my Squatch. And just now, I had some St. James Flake in my Northern Briars banker. That's a lot of Virginia, so for a "nightcap", I'll be having some Nightcap in a twin-bore Radice here shortly.

Back to my reading, got a hell of a busy week with editing and designing work. :toast:

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 16 others like this.
  10. JimInks

Wow! It sure got quiet in here! Hey, DBear!! Wake up and come out of that cave and smoke something, buddy!! As for me, I'm smoking 1980s Briggs in a straight 1978 black sandblasted Sir Brent billiard with lucite stem and silver band repair on the shank. And listening to Fibber McGee and Molly, to be followed by other radio shows as I go back to work.

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 15 others like this.
  11. dBear

dBear Active Member

Same thing works for tobacco tins. If you replace the filthy warning label with "Smoking Is Groovy" or "Smoking Makes You Sexy" the blend immediately tastes better! (You know it's true 'cause you just read it on the internet. :ohyh:)

12. dBear

dBear Active Member

Man, I can't seem to get work to leave me alone! Just finally finished (I hope) for the day, as I finish this bowl of Peretti Oxford flake in the Squatch. Gotta figure out what to smoke next - I think something Latakia in the PSF POY. Gee, I sure hope the aliens are treating Simmo right. Hey JimInks, do you suppose Mr. Wooly could do something about that?

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 15 others like this.
  13. JimInks

Mr. Wooly has already taken care of the situation. Our esteemed PipeSimmo was rescued in a daring military raid on the Dwaugh alien space, and brought safely home where he is now drinking ice water chilled to the proper temperature with extra floaty li'l icebergs to soothe his nerves. The Saint Bernard has dispatched a bottle of our own home brewed whiskey blended by the choicest young nubiles on this planet, and soon, our Simon will be intoxicated babbling resting peacefully. Mr. Wooly did inform me that PipeSimmo's Grateful first words upon being rescued were, "What a long, Strang trip it's been."

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 14 others like this.
  14. JimInks

I'm still working, listening to radio shows, drinking ice water (although I did snack on some potato chips), and now smoking MacBaren Navy Flake in a 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot. Glad to see other smokers still about at this hour. Restores my faith in vampires zombies pipe smokers.

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 17 others like this.
  15. dBear

dBear Active Member

Swami dBear did indeed predict the future, as I am now smoking Pirate Kake (thanks, YAPPG!) in the Kaywoodie PSF POY 2013. Man, that guy is just amazing!

Edit: Glad to hear Simmo's probably okay. That Lat loving dude they replaced him with was almost a little creepy.

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 18 others like this.
  16. JimInks

Like the ladies say, "Never trust a Latin lover."

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 11 others like this.
  17. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Good morning all! Started the day with some of the raw tobacco that I doused with barbados rum a week ago. Smokeable but still quite moist and very mild. Almost bland. Gave up after a few minutes and filled my MM Legend (bent standard amber acrylic bit without filter) with... (drum roll) Borkum Riff Bourbon. Dang if this lousy (so I´ve read on tobaccoreviews.com) codger blend isn't becoming one of my favourites. PG Tips in a mug. On my balcony. An OK september morning.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  18. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

So you find that labels make things taste better? Now I understand why you were fooling around with stickers yesterday. Indeed.

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 9 others like this.
  19. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Now caught up on all the overnight posts, doing strong black coffee and a bowl of McB Plum Cake in the the Diplomat. Granny and I are off to Belgium today for a day of sight seeing in the old city of Bruges, along with Dutch grandma and grandpa. See everyone tomorrow, have a great day and puff on.

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 18 others like this.
  20. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

You make me envious. My stomach was misbehaving this weekend so I´ve been off the black stuff for a couple of days. Drinking lots of strong tea.

Thuber88, Morse, YAPPG and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.