1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Oh well, the bells tolled at 2400 hours so rather than take a chance me head filled up I got up since I can't blow my nose for 24 hours after getting home yesterday. I also had some bleeding in the ear which was on my hearing aid so I judiciously cleaned it and wiped my ear gently with a clean tissue and left the aid out for a bit then put it back in. When I went to bed last night it was still clean so I don't believe it's a problem and will watch it today. Had two bowls of Strang Curly Strang, thanks to Dr. Strang Love, in the blue and white Forever Stemmed MM Diplomat and the plum Forever Stemmed MM Mizzou while taking the SL500 tune ride and quaffing coffee, 2 in the PRM and what would constitute the equivalent of 2 from a 24 hour convenience store where I also grabbed some White Castle Cheeseburgers for sustenance, it's hard work listening to tunes, keeping the speed limit and had smoking Strang let alone I disturbed the lump upon my return and needed to bring Levi out for early ablutions. Now all caught up so it's Good Morning PSFer's.............. :D :ccup:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 17 others like this.
  2. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I cracked open a tin of Frog Morton's Cellar tonight. I'd had it for about 6 months or so. I was quite impressed. Smoked it (smoking it now) in a rusticated full bent no name Italian.

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 12 others like this.
  3. dBear

dBear Active Member

LAT lover, you blockhead! LAT lover! :shead:

4. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

I´ve been smoking mostly briars the last weeks (among them some very nice Petes) but now I have a MM Legend clenched between my jaws. Feels good. Smokes every bit as good as the more expensive briars. I wonder if there are pipes that smokes significantly better than a Legend (and what such a gem would cost me).

jhguthlac, Morse, psquared and 9 others like this.
  5. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

You have now awakened my heritage, may all your ice melt.............. and here you thought you only need worry about Global Warming :mad:

Thuber88, Morse, nicktrap and 12 others like this.
  6. dBear

dBear Active Member

Uh-oh, Jim! ==> [​IMG] (You can borrow my pony if you need to.)

7. dBear

dBear Active Member

Now I've got Peretti Midnight going in the Falconwarden while I clean up some dishes and start up some cream of tomato soup.

8. muddler

muddler Active Member

Another beautiful day in Pretoria. High of 31C forecast for the day. It's been a short, dry Spring - Summer is here already. Been sorting through some lures for a fishing trip to Mozambique in two weeks time. Now having a break with Dunhill Flake in an Astley bulldog.

[​IMG]

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 18 others like this.
  9. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

And here I've been thinking you were smarter than the average bear. My boo boo! :xd:

I only worry about Global Warming when I eat at DBear's house!!

Thuber88, PipeSimmo, nicktrap and 8 others like this.
  10. JimInks

Well, at least I've made the late shift a little lively!!! ;) I'm done with work for the day, and am smoking Maple Street in the third pipe I ever bought ($1.95), a 1974 smooth straight French briar Hadley Apple. I'm almost done with this tin, and will buy some at some point, once I'm done taste testing blends. More ice water properly chilled though the floaty li'l icebergs tell me they aren't scared of people who fish with musical instruments. :p:

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 15 others like this.
  11. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

Ilsteds Own No. 88.

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 19 others like this.
  12. JimInks

Writing a couple of tobacco reviews and smoking Blue Danube in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.95) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega.

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 13 others like this.
  13. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Good morning! Got some Peterson's CC going in the bent Pipe by Lee accompanied by black 8 O'Clock Original. Looks like there will be time for a second pipe before heading to work--I'm thinking some Walnut in the Dip with Forever stem might be good. Will load the Pat up with Sugar Barrel for the commute, pouch with CH as usual. Have a great day, all.

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 15 others like this.
  14. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

I am working on it. [​IMG]

15. JimInks

Last smoke before sleep is 1980s Sir Walter Raleigh in a medium bend 2002 MM Legend cob. SWR sure is great in a cob.

Thuber88, jhguthlac, Morse and 12 others like this.
  16. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Took a leave day (scheduled) to play GTA V. Started off with Nuty Cut in the Falcon, took the wife to class, picked up some bamboo filters and sat down to another bowl of NC in the MM Legend. I've got a bowl of Hyde Park laid out in the Mr Brog for the last smoke of the day but have a feeling I'll be having a bowl of Blue Note in the Legend before dinner.

17. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Happy Tuesday,

Beautiful sky this morning, big moon, and all the stars are out. 37F and still.

Rum Flake, in the hardest working Squatch in show business.

[​IMG]

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 17 others like this.
  18. Deimitori

Deimitori Member

Cornell & Diehl: "068 Epiphany" in my Cassano pipe.

[​IMG]

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 14 others like this.
  19. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Morning folks,

Stormy is slowly making his way across the pond to us. Just woke up and a light breakfast of fruit and greek style yoghurt consumed. Mini cafetierre of french coffee poured with a splash of milk and another pot brewing. Walnut in a Diplomat. No nonsense this early. Time to plan my day of smokes (and then everything else will fall into place)

Morse, nicktrap, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  20. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

flash is built into camera, take photo check if too bright, if it is I put a finger part way over the flash and try again till it looks ok
    thats how I photo a pipe which is shiny as well, it's quicker than taping a piece of white paper over the flash as a diffuser
    :toast:

Thuber88, Morse, PipeSimmo and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.