What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Had a nice couple latakia type blends today. Going back to something I'm more "at home" with. Peterson's Hyde Park in the Parker billiard

2. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Drama Reserve in a DGE.

Thuber88, Rockbass, psquared and 19 others like this.
  3. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

McClelland 5100 in a Ferndown billiard.

4. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Note to self. The bowl in my Brigham is too small for nighttime smoke. Dominican glory maduro in the same pipe.

5. thedismaltrade

thedismaltrade Member

Frogmorton in a Dr. Grabow

6. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

AJ's Vaper in a Falcon. Coke Zero in the frozen mug.

7. MarkinCA

MarkinCA Member

Day 2: More C&D Briar' Fox today in the Boswell Billiard. Liken it:bing:

8. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Jeez, take a couple of days to visit relatives of JimInks little buddies at the Columbia Icefields and come back to 25 missed pages in this thread.

Lancer's Slices in a BST Compact Little Brute. 13C(55F)H63%

9. Grumpynuts

Grumpynuts Member

HH Old Dark fired in a Peterson K&P. Very nice...pleasant, flavorful, no bite at all. Just opened the tin today. Recommended.

10. Grumpynuts

Grumpynuts Member

Breakfast of Champions!

11. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Pipeworks & Wilke #10 in a Benton Churchwarden, and a little left over Dr Pepper in the BGM.
    Now back to page 1 I think it is, to catch up...

12. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

3 Nuns in a Skovgaard bent apple, sippin on Dickel 12. This is the 3rd bowl I've smoked of the new 3 Nuns, and I'm really enjoying this tobacco!

13. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Now for some Amphora Original in the Brebbia. It's a perfect, cool night, with no breeze. Pipe weather!

[​IMG]

Greg H, Thuber88, Morse and 22 others like this.
  14. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:puffy::puffy::puffy:
    home blend in rc

tap water = no ice

15. moosecop

moosecop Member

Michelle Obama would be at least proud of you on the water. She was in Watertown Wi this week(15 miles from me) promoting her drink more water campaign.

16. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula Active Member

Haven't had any Borkum Riff in a while so I thought I would light up some Bourbon Whiskey in my basket pipe. And it was good!

Thuber88, Morse, Old Codger and 16 others like this.
  17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Kendal Dark in the Johs bulldog. I don't smoke this pipe often, but I like it. It smokes well, and has super thick walls leading to a comfortable, full and cool feeling in the hand unlike a very thin-walled pipe. That said, one reason I don't smoke it often is it is impossible to clench, meaning I have to pretty much be doing no physical activity other than smoking. I actually put it down to type this. The pipe is a little shy of 2.5 ounces, and just over 6.5" long. It's got a straight, narrow shank, meaning probably about two of the ounces sit half a foot in front of my mouth....great for sitting and puffing, not great if I want to do anything else.

Lucky Duck, Thuber88, Morse and 15 others like this.
  18. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Paretti's London Flake in another Falcon. Another ice cold Coke Zero to sip on before bed time.

Lucky Duck, Thuber88, Morse and 16 others like this.
  19. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

So busy playing work catch up and didn't list the smoke I just finished: Berkshire in a black pebble finish straight 2003 Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano nose warmer. Going for a new smoke and drink.

Lucky Duck, Thuber88, Morse and 16 others like this.
  20. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Drooling over some Peterson Nutty Cut in a straight MM Pride ...

[​IMG]

Man, I've been busy. Got a call from my good buddy Stevie Hawking last week. Wanted me to unify Quantum Field Theory and General Relativity for him. I foolishly said OK.

Well, it took 20 minutes longer than I thought it would. You see, I had to develop a whole new branch of mathematics to renormalize those nasty self-interaction terms. Made Newton's invention of the calculus look like solving a teen sudoku.

Of course Stevie wept when I showed him the solution. I had to take an extra 5 minutes to reassure him that his career hadn't been in vain. "After all, you've produced a fine looking set of coffee table books for the layman" I told him.

None of this would have been possible without key mathematical insights from dBear. He observed that the integral of dBear over Bear is ln (Bear), which converges assuming a finite number of bears in the universe. "But what about the multiverse?" I queried. "Let's toss that one to little Stevie," quipped dBear, "it'll give him something worthwhile to do." That dBear is not only a genius ... he's wise beyond his modest years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.