1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Frog Morton's Cellar in a beautiful little Scandia 742.

2. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Starting a bowl of McB Navy Flake in the Benton Churchwarden, and ice tea, started watching the new Dredd movie, well not that new, but this year.

3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Reds and Astros are tied 4-4 in the 9th. This has been a very entertaining day in baseball. I'm now entertaining Tilbury in a 2002 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton. This blend just gets better and better. I just ordered more of it, and question if I got enough. Then again, I feel that way about a number of tobacco mixtures. Has there ever been a time when we had as many smoke choices as we do now? Seems like something new continually arrives on the market, and much of it is good.

4. JimInks

Reds and Astros are still tied 4-4 in the 11th. I'm listing my next smoke early so I can concentrate on a tough section of work. Capstan Blue Flake in an early '70s pebble relief Savinelli 315 Prince. See you folks in a little while.

5. dBear

dBear Active Member

Finally getting around to that bowl of Dockworker in the Squatch prince. Man, some days you just can't get 'em to leave you alone. But now my feet are up and Star Trek is on Netflix. Got a glass of water with topless little hula dancing icebergs keeping it cool. Make it so, Number One!

fishnbanjo, Morse, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  6. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Hello, people. Smoking some Reiner LGF in my Squatch. This pipe/blend combo is never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down.

The crunch is on right now, and as a result, I'm up late with a pipe in my mouth, spending some real quality time with Adobe CS6, specifically Illustrator and InDesign. Absolutely spectacular software, and I'm privileged to get to work with it, but I swear to god my eyes are gonna bleed soon. Five different drafts of letterheads filled with Lorem Ipsum (for now) are needed by Friday. I think next time I'm chatting up a lady friend I'm going to let slip with something about how well I can manipulate a radial gradient fill in a complex parabolic design element. I'm sure she'll swoon instantly.

7. moosecop

moosecop Member

I use to know photoshop and illustrator..it was hard to keep up.:(

8. dBear

dBear Active Member

She will if it's ribbed for her pleasure. :ngty:

9. JimInks

Still working, still drinking ice water, listening to old radio shows and now smoking Country Doctor Match in a 1980 Stanwell 668 medium bend with a ferrule, half black sandblasted, half brown smooth, rough top. Still trying to make up my mind what I think of this blend. Sure is very burley forward, not that I mind that any.

10. Cody Pearce

Cody Pearce Member

Just came in from a nice late night smoke. Shockoe Valley (a local bulk blend) Vanilla, accompanied by a bottle of Gold Peak sweet tea, and the writings of Donald Miller. Taking up pipe smoking was one of my better ideas. I've been really enjoying it.

fishnbanjo, Morse, YAPPG and 11 others like this.
  11. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Loading both cobs with Plum Cake for after breakfast. Going to smoke them back to back to see if the Diplomat indeed smokes better than the Country Gent.

12. JimInks

I like them both. I also like this next smoke and the pipe: G&H Scotch Flake (thanks FishnBanjo) in a 2013 bent MM Missouri Pride Legend. I was initially hesitant to buy a Pride, but it smokes very well, and I got used to the rough texture easier than I expected.

fishnbanjo, Morse, YAPPG and 13 others like this.
  13. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Morning folks. Back on the 1820 in the Pete Killarney washed down with the obligatory coffee.

Morse, YAPPG, Basil Meadows and 13 others like this.
  14. User4408

User4408 Active Member

It probably will.

I never thought any cob would overtake the Pride as my favorite, but I have to admit I REALLY like the straight Diplomat. That cream white finish with the yellow ocher undertone reminds me of a Dutch painting ... my wife is an artist so I get tutored on these things.

Now the $64 question is whether the Diplomat will outlast the Pride. Perhaps it will because of the plaster. But that plaster adds weight. Whereas the Pride is so light (24 grams) I can smoke it hands-free all day and barely know it's there. Hard to beat that. But the Diplomat looks good, no doubt about it.

MB Mixture again in a straight Diplomat ...

15. muddler

muddler Active Member

Mid-morning here on a warm & hazy day. Been nursing a pipe & haven't really got going today. In spite of a lengthy To-do list. Just finished a bowl of BBF in a GBD New Era bulldog.

[​IMG]

16. JimInks

I've a little more work to do, and will do it with the last of this tobacco sent to me by Rekamepip: Erin Go Bragh in a 2013 slight bend grain etched briar Rekamepip Volcano with a walnut shank. I wonder what I'll be smoking in this pipe next? It looks great, is light as a feather and smokes very well. Rekamepip, you should sell these pipes, too!

17. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Active Member

Its been FM Cellar in my Basil Meadows Poker since I got home :)

18. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Currently crying into my last bowlful of Sextant as this stuff is too nice not to have some in stock and too expensive to keep up a steady supply.

fishnbanjo, Morse, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  19. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  20. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Stating off the day avoiding Mc. C's #24. Leaving at 10:00 for a 11:30 appointment. Ready to get this procedure over with and get home so I can quit avoiding so much tobacco. Oh yeah, smoking #24 in a Peter Kent 211 bent biliard with black coffee.

fishnbanjo, Morse, YAPPG and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.