1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pipe Matt

Pipe Matt Member

Very nice pipe! :)

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Last smoke before sleep is Blue Danube in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.95) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega. Getting near the end of this tin that I reviewed for Sutliff. Reading box scores and watching Suzy and Molly relax after getting a nice tuna meal.

Thuber88, fishnbanjo, Morse and 13 others like this.
  3. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Been feeling under the weather today so I haven't smoked anything but I'm about to light a bowl of Pete NC in the Falcon before I play some GTA V. If that goes well I'll have a bowl of Hyde Park in the Mr Brog. Here's hoping.

4. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Larry's Blend, in a blasted and bent freehand.

5. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good morning everyone! First smoke today is PS LNF in my DGE Briar Nose-warmer. Drinking black coffee.[​IMG]

6. Deimitori

Deimitori Member

Good day dear pipe smokers!

Smoking a bowl of McClelland's 221B Series: "Arcadia" in my Stanwell: "Zebrano. 118".

7. dBear

dBear Active Member

Boy, you can sure tell that little DGE has seen some use. What a great color it's turned! :thu:

8. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

It was, I soon realised, a mistake to box up nearly all my pipes and tobacco. Also, I was flat out of MacB Va No 1. I rectified this with a quick stop at a local B&M where I bougt a pouch of said tobacco and a nice Ratos New Standard dublin. Ratos does not, as far as I know, actually make any pipes but is a well respected brand here in Sweden and I´ve never yet come across a bad Ratos pipe. This specimen was (at least that´s what the markings say) handmade i France from old briar. It cost med 495 SEK (that´s the going rate for such pipes) or, roughly, 80 dollars. That´s what I consider a medium priced briar. For a Peterson I will have to pay about 100 dollars (or more).

The inagural bowl sustained me on my walk home from my office. It proved to be an exellent smoker and no relight was necessary. After lunch I plan to fill it with Greve Gilbert Hamiltons Blandning. That baccy in a Ratos constitutes a classic swedish smoke. Am actually looking forward to it but first I have to prepare (fry) some baltic herring, fix mashed potatoes and find the jar with lingonberries.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  9. slimpickings

slimpickings Member

well today's the day... or the estimated day anyway.... that my pipe lot from ebay should be delivered.... the sole reason i bought that tin of mac baren. but wait i must so for now its prince albert in the grabow duke... i like to have the duke as my work pipe its slender with a small bowl... easy to carry in your pocket, quick to smoke, and if i smoked it at home my girlfriend would wonder where it came from and id be banned from every drugstore and tobaccolist

10. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader.

11. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

H&H Acadian Perique in the MM Legend. Two more bowls or so and this tin is history.

12. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

No doubt the best smoking briar I've ever owned! Thanks.

Thuber88, fishnbanjo, Morse and 9 others like this.
  13. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Half & Half in a MM Diplomat. Coffee, very black.

14. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

Irish Flake in a Pete african meer 303

15. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Same stuff as you used to draw all over the chop shop with :th1:
    This particular soapstone came from the St Louis Crayon Co. and they use it to make refills for metal marking pens and they also use this white soapstone to make crayons. They used to offer uncut bricks set aside for local college art classes and i picked up the very last brick. Unfortunately they were not going to offer these anymore because no body bought them due to the fractures.

16. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Morning coffee and smoking a bowl of heines blend in wrc

17. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

Late report today, got caught up in work stuff .

I smoked some Ogden's Walnut in a Castello earlier.

18. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Great photo, LD ... very nice patina on that pipe! One of the best reasons for buying a smooth I think.

MB Dark Twist in a straight MM Pride ... even this cob has colored nicely with just a few months' smoking. After all, it's a meerschaum ... that just happens to be from Missouri.

19. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Wow we finally got a change in the weather forecast! Highs in the low 8o's lows in the 60's and a 30% chance of rain today and 80% for Friday! We really need the rain.
    I tried DGT ing some chocolate flake in my new to me church warden...but it is way to unwieldy to smoke before the first pot of coffee, so I switched to 956 match in a Larson prince. Much easier to handle in the fog. :)
    Lots of black coffee to help clear said fog.

20. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

Happy Thursday!
    This morning it's PS LNF in the Viking with black coffee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.