What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GANDALF WHITE

GANDALF WHITE Member

hi fellows

for this cold morning here in Mexico, SG Commowealth in my Dunchan Hill Aerosphere,i just finished refubrish it, this pipes haves the peculiarity than on the stem, is a valve ( golden dot ) to intake cool air during the smoke, this makes the smoke mellow and coolest i like it

have a nice day and keep smokey friends

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Not to worry, the Dremel
    tool does a great many things!
    :ohyh:
    Currently burning some
    HU Tillerman (thanks,
    Simon) in a Bantam with
    rustic pot bowl. I would
    call this one a aro crossover.
    Enough topping to give it a
    Sweet room note, but the
    taste is more on the natural
    side. I may have to put this
    one aside for a few years to
    mellow it a bit. It reminds
    me of Gold of Mysore at the mo.

Thuber88, fishnbanjo, Morse and 15 others like this.
  3. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

First bowl this morning was CH in a Bullitt Proof, and now going for a bowl of Nut Brown Burley in the same cob with Maxwell House. Finally got caught up on my reading!

Thuber88, Wicker Man, Morse and 22 others like this.
  4. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

....and instantly the pic of you with a big smile, holding the tub and the bulk packs comes to mind! :ohyh:
    "HS does not mess around when it comes to M79" :old:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
    Thuber88, Morse, fishnbanjo and 15 others like this.
  5. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Interesting... haven't tried it yet, but I got a tin of that - courtesy of dBear - maybe I should also crack it open to start it's mellowing process in a jar.

Thuber88, Morse, fishnbanjo and 11 others like this.
  6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I got up to sign for a package of work and fed Suzy and Molly, who were content to let me sleep, which I appreciate. I just finished A Taste of Summer in a straight 2012 MM Mizzou cob. It's time to eat now!

Thuber88, Morse, fishnbanjo and 18 others like this.
  7. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Lunchtime at work, not smoking. Had some CC in the Pete 305 with the coffee this morning, CH in the Pat during the commute. Eagerly awaiting the arrival of the box pass (delivered in person) this afternoon.

Thuber88, Morse, Artistik and 19 others like this.
  8. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Another break in bowl of pa in the big Ben Canadian.

9. JimInks

Pirates and Padres are tied 1-1 in the first. I'm smoking Angler's Dream in a smooth 1998 Parker 489 three quarter bend Billiard. Simply Lemonade is my drink.

Every time I open the baggie inside the tub (that's how they package Angler's Dream), I get a strong and delicious smell of honey and cinnamon and burley. I like it when I can smell a tobacco that well when opening a tub/tin/baggie. Sure sets the mood for a good smoke.

10. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

Layed out some FVF when I went to bed last night... now to pack it up, probably in my Viprati.

11. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] Poll: three out of four of my "kids" don't know how to read this mysterious object. Wessex Burley Flake in an old beater Stanwell. A most pleasant afternoon to all.

12. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Golden Extra in the MM Patriot with some iced coffee on the side.

13. dBear

dBear Active Member

Arrrrrrhhhh! It's easy to talk like a pirate when you first get up. Classic Burley Kake in the Rekamepip maple tankard wit' coffee in me mug on the side. Mateys. [​IMG]

14. dwhit

dwhit Member

Penzance in a Calabresi and hot spearmint tea

15. user3221

user3221 Active Member

smokin me et' another bowl o' john bull while i teach me new deck hand how t' mix up t' drinks

pirate2.jpg

16. JimInks

Pirates and Padres are still tied 1-1. I'm now smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1980s smooth slight bend Wally Frank Dublin. And running low on Simply Lemonade, but Mr. Wooly informs me that situation will soon be rectified.

17. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Sugar barrel in a Petewarden. A Rob Roy is my drink, im pushing the boat out tonight.

18. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Will play catch up later, busy, busy, busy, ivIG went well and I have Music Therapy shortly. Only a couple of cobs with Dust in the Wind's fine July RockCob Blend First Batch but a boatload of coffee.................... :D Hi all..............

19. Atom

Atom Member

A little Yello-Bole Pug nosewarmer of VA#1 DGTed from last night kicked off this morning in the right way. Clear blue skies with just a touch of a cool breeze today.

After reading a few posts about PS LNF (and seeing Lucky Duck's pipe that seems to have wonderfully colored to match the flake), I'll join the party with some LNF of my own. It will go into the same Yello-Bowl pipe I used before. After the first half dozen break-in bowls of PA, this pipe has only had a steady diet of VA#1 and LNF. The chamber is small, but its so light and effortless to deal with. Twinings Earl Grey tea on the side. Yarrrr! Avast ye land lubbers th' smokin' lamp be lit!

20. JimInks

The Rekamepip Pirates have finally scored some runs and lead the Padres 6-1. I scored this bowl of Capstan Yellow Flake in a smooth briar calabash shape 1984 Fero Danese made in Italy, and am working. Hhhmmm... wonder if the Buccos will be smoking rock cobs after the game if they win?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.