What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polymoog

Polymoog Member

Just got in from work and ive got an hour before the wife gets back from shopping so its boots off, comfy chair, a large glass of real ale and a beautiful best brown flake fully rubbed out in my faithful MM Country Gentleman

Morse, User4408, Lucky Duck and 15 others like this.
  2. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

I'm headed to work a weird shift today. 1pm till whenever I'm done (most likely 11 or midnight). Then I get to come home long enough to shower and sleep until 430am when I have to go back to work tomorrow. You lot probably won't be seeing much of me for a day or two, so happy birthday to everybody who's having one and I hope you all have a great weekend. :th1:

Morse, Lucky Duck, Artistik and 13 others like this.
  3. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Another lunchtime stroll with M79 and a MM Legend. Refreshing!

Morse, WalkinStick, User4408 and 14 others like this.
  4. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

That sounds a lot like inventory in my line of work. I feel for ya, brother!

5. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Just finished up a cob of H&H black house ( Thanks W.S. )

6. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. MarkinCA

MarkinCA Member

Great foggy conditions this morning on the patio, and decided to enjoy some Tetley British Tea, the local rag, and stuff some Carter Hall in the Oversized Kaywoodie:ngty:
    [​IMG]

Thinking about some Kickin Chickin later today...

8. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

Today begins with some of the new Elizabethan Mixture in my rustic Pete Kapet B32

Morse, WalkinStick, Thuber88 and 13 others like this.
  9. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

The Bear's practicing for "Rocktober" with
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Suzy and Molly let me sleep in today, which was very kind of them. I rewarded their patience with chicken and cheese.
    I see Stormy visited while I snoozed. Hope he didn't take that personally. I've learned to :nwor:respect the Storm Meister after the rainy Spring and Summer we endured. Thanks to Ruffinogold, I'm also respecting 1990s Three Nuns in a 2003 smooth medium bent straight grain Ardor Venere Extra signed by Dorelio Rovera Dublin. Interesting to smoke this as I've been smoking the current MacBaren Three Nuns. I already understood the flavor contrast, being a thirty year veteran of Three Nuns smoking, but I also like to do direct comparisons for the fun of it. Fun is much of what this hobby and this forum is all about.

Morse, WalkinStick, Thuber88 and 15 others like this.
  11. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

HU Tobacco "Out of Africa" in a Peterson Antique 1909.
    I don't like that kind of flavoring, nonetheless I'm grateful for the sample Hans Wiedemann sent me - now I know.

12. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Had less than a bowl of 1776 golden eagle left so I decided to mix it with enough sutliffe great outdoors for a lunch smoke and a drive home smoke. As the 1776 GE is a pretty good aromatic as aros go, it should make the GO more palatable. Well, I guess it did, but not enough. Oh well, better than no smoke at all and I am that much closer to finishing the horrible tasting free sample from sutliffe.

13. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Having some Pirate Kake in a Brigham billiard. Turns out PK pairs well with cold chocolate milk.

14. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Back to basics:
    GH Bright CR Flake
    in a rustic Istanbul.

15. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well I've smoked Dust in the Wind's RockCob Blend July 1st Run in several cobs and not in the Rock Cob until just now and I must say, it's very good in the pipes I smoked it in but truly rocks in the Rockin' Black Rock Cob with Black Bamboo Shank and black and amber Forever Stem, great job John! :gjob:[​IMG]

16. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Rekamepip's Kansas City Pipe Show Blend in a bent Steatite RockCob with a long swirly Forever Stem.

What is the blend?
    Kitchen sink goodness.

17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Night Train in the BST, which is currently ghosted with sweet chocolatey aromatics. This is a really nice smoke. Puer on the side

18. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

LEO in a Peterson Canadian. Blowing the smoke at a glass of crushed ice and trying to calm down before what could be the last AC race starts in an hour and a half. Warmed up to 16C(61F)H47% so maybe a short walk will help.

19. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Getting in a quick, sweet smoke as I watch the Braves-Cubs game: A Taste of Summer in a straight 2012 MM Mizzou cob. A bottle of Sprite is my drink. I look forward to another work day and getting some writing done.

Morse, WalkinStick, Thuber88 and 15 others like this.
  20. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Back at page 167 again, working on catching up.
    Due to the Illustrioustastical Generalmoosity of Rakemepip, I am smoking some Kingsbridge in the Amazing Indestructable Cob, and ice tea.
    Now, back to reading..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.