What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

At last, my 4noggins order has arrived. Nightcap, 10Ruskies, Wessex burley slice, and Carter Hall. Decisions, decisions. I think I will start with CH in a cob, just for old times sake. Joy is mine again. I do enjoy having a selection of very different tobaccos to select from depending on mood and circumstance. Once again I can start my day correctly with burley and coffee. I was really missing the burley.

2. dBear

dBear Active Member

bdp

3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

The Buccos lead the Reds 4-2 in the 6th, Giants and Yankees are tied 1-1 in the 6th, Rays lead the O's 3-0 in the :dkn:, BoSox lead the Blue Jays 2-0 in the :dkn:, Brewers leads the Cards 3-1 in the 2nd. My drink is ice tea which is properly chilled with self sacrificing li'l icebergs. I'm busy working and smoking this bowl of MacBaren Scottish Mixture in a 1979 Ascorti Business KS Oom Paul. Thought I'd try this blend in one of my favorite pipes. I paid $60 for it in 1979, and believe me, it was money well spent, though I sure had to save for it at the time. In fact, I remember the owner of the Tinderbox (who was a great guy and taught me a lot about pipe smoking) let me pay for it on the installment plan, knowing a young college student didn't have much money. I think of him just about every time I smoke this pipe. Ascorti and Caminetto pipes were his favorite and he smoked Autumn Maple. So, this smoke is for my old mentor Herb Galbreath. RIP.

4. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Think I'll Join in on this one

Sinphony II in DrG Omega

:ohyh:
    devil2.jpg

5. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Tilbury in a Peterson's B2 2009 St. Paddy's. Got some good rains today so it's nice and cool. More rain in the forecast. Been bone dry. Don't know yet what the next bowl will be.

6. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Oh for Pete's Sake, will you look at that! By the oz as well! Will wonders never cease.

7. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

Eric Nording Hunters Blend Fox Hound in a Pete Claddagh B10

8. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Midnight in the Medico Apple. The taste of this stuff never gets old. Sipping on some Red Rose tea tonight, cause it feels like Fall. Heck, may need to find the hot water bottle for the foot of the bed tonight. :rolleyes:

9. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Pipe Number 3 & my last for the night is Mississippi River in my MM Great Dane bent spool cob~~~ days like today are a rare treat because in most cases I'm lucky to get 2 pipes in on any given day, much less 1......today I'm blessed enough to have a third ;) I should have bought a lottery ticket~

10. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Just smoked LNF all day. Smoking more now. Then more LNF.

11. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I haven't had much time for smoking today. I just got home a few minutes ago and I'm having a bowl of SWRA in the Parker. It's already mildly ghosted with Condor. That's fine with me :)

12. thedismaltrade

thedismaltrade Member

Larry's Blend in a mm cob

13. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Starting up a bowl of AJ's Vaper in a Falcon. Been getting the best vaper smokes from a Falcon, lately.

14. JimInks

Rangers and Royals are tied 1-1 in the 6th, Brewers lead the Cards 4-2 in the :dkn:, Red Sox lead the Blue Jays 5-1 in the 8th, O's lead the Rays 4-3 in the 7th, Yankees lead the Giants 5-1 in the 8th, and the Pirates and the Reds are tied 5-5 in the 9th. I'm now smoking Louisiana Red in a smooth rough top Savinelli Autograph 5 medium bend sitter. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with floaty li'l icebergs is my drink, as if you weren't expecting that! ;)

15. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Going to take a break from Peter Stokkebye for a bit and fill the no name meer lined briar with some Captain Earls Private Stock. .....or maybe G.L. Pease's Triple Play....No, Private stock it is.

Edit: Can not find the meer lined briar so Now its Private Stock in the Paykoc Meer.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  16. user3221

user3221 Active Member

17. JimInks

Not if I get your street address!!!! ;):D:dkn::dkn::dkn::drly:

18. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Bound to be better than store bought.

19. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

What a great day. Got to feel the sun on my face, the US won the AC race, and then my friend brought me the package with the Rockcobs and a neat octagonal custom cob. Opened up a nicely fogged up jar of Weybridge that's been sitting for over a year, loaded up the black Rockcob with that Weybridge, and splashed a bit of Laphroaig over a frozen escapee from JimInks collection. 16C(61F)H43%

20. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

A bowl of tilbury in my larsen. Rainy night, but warm with no wind = perfect outdoor smoking conditions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.