What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Smoking has been banned from Major League Baseball parks for years. God forbid somebody should die from second hand smoke at an open air park!! Well, a few years ago when I was at Camden Yards in Baltimore behind the right field fence where there's plenty of standing room, I lit my pipe anyway. Nobody complained, nobody said anything to me. Between innings, a video man for the team asked me to pose smoking my pipe, which I did. I stood there for a couple of minutes, waved, posed as Superman with my fists on my hips, and then discovered the video was being shown on the giant center field screen, which means all the fans and cops in the ball park could see me. Again, nobody bothered me and I smoked for three innings. I couldn't have gotten away with that had I been sitting in the stands, but I did try to strike a blow for truth, justice, and the pipe smoking way!! :D:cool::p::rolleyes:

Speaking of the Orioles, they are still tied with the Rays 4-4, now in the 18th inning.

2. JimInks

Still doing stuff and now smoking 1980s Sir Walter Raleigh in a medium bend 2002 MM Legend cob.

3. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Clan Aromatic in a MM CG. On my balcony. It´s a beautiful september morning.

4. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Aawwwgh! (expletive) Just dropped my pipe tool from my balcony. In a rose bush. There will be blood...

5. JimInks

I could almost copy and paste my last post, except that I'm now smoking (thanks to Fishnbanjo) G&H Scotch Flake in a 2013 bent MM Missouri Pride Legend. Just love this blend! Listening to MLB talk on the XM, now that the Rays beat the O's in 18 innings. And working. More ice water to drink. In fact, I accidentally dropped a couple of li'l icebergs on the floor, so I put them in Suzy and Molly's 's water bowl. Suzy heard the ice cracking in the water, went to the bowl, eyed the floaty li'l critters dancing in the bowl with curiosity and suspicion, took a few licks of ice water, and walked off. Well, you just can't train little kittens like ya wanna sometimes!!! :doh::old: Maybe I shoulda chilled the bowl to the proper temperature? :doh::xd:

Morse, MacNutz, Stormy and 19 others like this.
  6. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

My sox lost to those O's a couple day or 2 ago~ kinda stunk after kicking the tar out of the yanks at home 3 games to none ;) Oh well, thankfully it's mid-September instead of mid-August ;)

7. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Same post posted twice for some reason~

8. dBear

dBear Active Member

My hero! [​IMG]

Now I'm smoking Peretti Oriental #40 in the Falconwarden. Drinking ordinary tap water out of a Faberge Egg.

9. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Loading the two cobs with Plum Cake heading to the garden with my black coffee. Have to get my smoking done this morning before heading out with the family to visit my son-in-law's parents north of Amsterdam. The PC should just get me through this last week before heading home.

Morse, Stormy, WalkinStick and 19 others like this.
  10. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Say hi to Dubinthedam for me~ He's a pipe smoking guru on youtube~ Big figure head in the pipe smoking community on youtube~ You'll be in his neck of the woods~ He's an Irish fella from Dublin, lives w. his wife in Amsterdam, hence Dubinthedam~ Kewl guy, mid 40's, fun to hang out with, laid back~

Morse, MacNutz, WalkinStick and 8 others like this.
  11. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

For those of you that had concerns over space/time continuum rifts cause by me, and for those of you with little faith about me catching up, Once again I have prevailed and caught up on all things here!
    Thanks to Rekamepip for smoking in my honor.
    A Very Nice pipe Simon, enjoy it well.
    For Jdto, a happy Birthday.
    And more that I cannot recall at the moment, it is 3am and the peepers are growing tired.
    Thanks to Coastie, I am finishing a bowl of E.A.Carey's Light and Mild in the Calabresi full bent,50/50 rusty/smooth SOT (Something Or Tother) Pipe.
    I need to get some pictures taken and will post them as soon as I can stand looking at the results, or just give up, and post the out of focus tossed on a plate pics:rolleyes:

The Moon is waning, and it calls me to bed, and 'Tis sleep that knits up the raveled sleeve of care
    To Arms, Fore Arms, Six Bits, a Dollar, if you wanna drink, Stand up and Holler:toast:

12. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Greve Gilbert Hamiltons Blandning in a Pete Aran 15. PG Tips. On my balcony. Listening to the radio news. Decided to play some golf today but not yet decided which pipe to bring with me.

13. JimInks

Hope you didn't try to fry it first!

14. JimInks

Work is done and I even finished writing a couple of reviews for the MacBaren blends I am taste testing. I have four left out of the eleven tins I was sent. Guess I'll open another one of two later this day. Right now, I'm smoking the very rum tasty Barbados Plantation in the second pipe I ever bought ($2.49); a 1974 three quarter bend black sandblast etched Dr. Grabow Omega. For a guy who doesn't drink rum, I'm finding I like the flavor in these blends.

15. JimInks

Time to smoke Angler's Dream in a 2013 medium bend Spillproof corndog cob. I enjoy the tobacco and most certainly love the pipe Spilly made me. Hhhmmm... it's also time to feed the kittens. I know this because Suzy's sitting next to me with that anticipatory gleam in her eye, and since she doesn't smoke, that means she wants food. Well, her nibbling on one of my typing hands gave me the other clue, too!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
    Morse, MacNutz, Stormy and 17 others like this.
  16. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Briar Patch Mocha.

Morse, WalkinStick, Thuber88 and 17 others like this.
  17. JimInks

Last smoke before sleep is 1940s Prince Albert spiced with rum in a 2002 medium bend rusticated Stanwell Golden Danish 139.

Morse, WalkinStick, Thuber88 and 16 others like this.
  18. muddler

muddler Active Member

Cool, overcast & windy here, even had a few drops of rain last night. Very welcome but really need a good downpour. I'm having a rare bowl of Lat - SG Navy Flake in an Ashton billiard. Really good.

[​IMG]

19. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Another delicious bowl of MB bulk Mixture in a straight MM Washington ... drinking 1989 Chateau Latour out of a light rinsed sardine tin

20. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Good morning, beautifull sunny autumn morn on the Yorkshire coast!, the car can stay on the drive - while the 'old man' and I take a leisurly stroll to the store for a newspaper and another hunk of Dark XX :)
    OT
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.