1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Preparing some Luxury Bullseye Flake in the newly acquired Yard Sale find ( $.50 ) Leaf Plate.

[​IMG]

Morse, mecompco, User4408 and 22 others like this.
  2. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Used to have a 303 Enfield back in the day, pennies were a favourite target,
    I've always a pile of "that'll come in handy one day" scrap,
    this time an old brass filler cap and lot's of time to mess about in my Shed :toast:

Morse, mecompco, dBear and 13 others like this.
  3. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] Mull this over: I have been out of booze for six days now and only remember the fact when I go to pour my nightcap. Living the senior moment 24/7, BUT today I remembered and will be enjoying HH Old Dark Fired on the way to the market. note: eggs, bread, milk, assorted caffeine purveyors, what was the last thing.....

Morse, mecompco, User4408 and 21 others like this.
  4. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

MacBaren Club Blend in a BST Canadian. Received an invitation to go to Sweden Nov 8th, so mulling it over while this pipe is putting a smile on my face. Less than 3 hours to AC race 14. The US has been improving so much that they may actually have a chance to keep the cup. 15C(59F)H51%

Morse, mecompco, User4408 and 23 others like this.
  5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Lots of baseball today! For the first time, I'm smoking Dark Twist Roll Cake in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer. I've only had a few puffs and am already liking the flavor. Why does it remind me of rum raisin Christmas cookies???

I was remiss yesterday in remembering it was the 40th anniversary of the death of Jim Croce. Here's an audio by somebody in the audience with a hand held tape recorder who got most of what proved to be Jim's final concert. An hour later, he and three others died in a plane crash due to pilot error.

Morse, mecompco, jhguthlac and 20 others like this.
  6. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

The X-strong didn´t make it to the balcony. MacB Va No 1 in a MM Legend (straigtht standard amber acrylic bit, nearly chewed off). Jim Beam.

Morse, mecompco, User4408 and 17 others like this.
  7. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Velvet pipe tobacco in Royal Algerian Briar Bulldog

Morse, mecompco, jhguthlac and 18 others like this.
  8. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Stryder cat has to stay the night at the vets. I just dropped him off and when I walked in I still looked for him. Weird. The weather is perfect today, got the windows wide open and I am smoking some LNF in the POY. Happy saturday everyone!

Morse, mecompco, User4408 and 20 others like this.
  9. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Smoking all that nearly free tobacco - i figured you'd be brewing your own beer too !
    or at least concocting some villa hooch
    hooch.jpg
    lightbulb.jpg

Morse, mecompco, dBear and 14 others like this.
  10. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Hanging out with Pops today. He's smoking Mcclellands 221b Arcadia in the pipe I got him when I was in highschool. I've got some Squadron Leader going in the MM Diplomat

11. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well since the other day I posted on having one of my best ever smokes of Mick McQuaid Plug I figured whilst awaiting the Luxury Bullseye Flakes to reach their proper potential for a smoke I'd have some Mick in the Jan Zeman Kingfisher squat Volcano, dang I think Mick has hit his stride another extrodinary smoke with a PRM of Jamaican Blue Mountain, strong and black, on the side.

[​IMG]

Morse, mecompco, User4408 and 21 others like this.
  12. highstump

highstump Active Member

I have to spend more time in here.

Mike, I am in Oregon and if I correctly remember what my 7th grade science teacher told me, we cannot have the same weather. :beyes:

I will admit I have never tried Clan, but from what I have heard is it possible your pipe tool simply chose suicide? :whis:

Edgeworth RR'd in a Peterson Holmes Squire.

Morse, mecompco, User4408 and 19 others like this.
  13. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

University flake in a la fuma (ser Jacopo second). not much for flavor but that's my sinus infection.

Morse, mecompco, dBear and 15 others like this.
  14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Rays lead the O's 3-0 in the 7th, Yankees lead the Giants 6-0 in the 8th. I see Stormy's back in town, possibly looking for some burley blend or something. Knowing him, he'll find what he's searching for. I decided I want another smoke with some sweetness, so it's Metropolitain in a 1981 smooth full bend Mauro Series Two 315 p-lip that copies the Peterson system. A can of Mountain Dew is my drink, brought to me by the Saint Bernard.

Morse, mecompco, User4408 and 17 others like this.
  15. highstump

highstump Active Member

So, how much of that 8 pounds is dinner and how much is...well, goo?

Morse, nicktrap, dBear and 9 others like this.
  16. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

MDaws79. I hope the cat is better soon and home.

Trying out the red Rockcob with Davidoff Flake Medallions. This is the thickest walled and narrowest bowled pipe I have and it's quite a different smoker from anything I'm used to. Nice open draw like my BSTs so I get to smoke it the way I want rather than being restricted by the pipemaker's choices. Oh the sorrow, I'll have to smoke a couple more bowls of this since it seems like the perique and cavendish are a little more prominent than normal after the rock warms up. Life's tough, and smoking a pipe that I could deliver a final bonk to a bass with is a task that I am up for.
    21C(70F)H38% An hour to the AC race and I'm not sure if I care who wins in the end, I just want it to go the full 17 races possible since it's great to watch.

Morse, mecompco, User4408 and 18 others like this.
  17. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

When I woke up this morning I felt like :poop:. After 2 hours at work I had a runny nose, after 4 hours a headache, 6 hours at work and the pain in the limbs started, after 10 hours I left work early, now I'm home - quite ill and for the first time I don't want to smoke a pipe.
    Good evening all, guess you just have to smoke a bowl for me - keep up the good smokes - PUFF ON!

Morse, mecompco, User4408 and 16 others like this.
  18. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

light steady rain & it's cooling off~ I'm thinking this calls for a balkan~ Going to have H&H Larry's blend in my GDB Bent Rhodesian and some pumpkin spice coffee~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

No fun. I'm sick too. Feel better!

Morse, mecompco, dBear and 7 others like this.
  20. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

You too Ted!

Morse, mecompco, dBear and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.