What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Which reminds me, thanks for the tobacco! I don't know what any of them are, but I'm planning on breaking into the one that smells like a campfire as soon as I get home from the bar.

Watching the Auburn/LSU game and drinking Swamphead Brewery Bignose IPA (local brewer 7.5% abv)

Morse, mecompco, fishnbanjo and 11 others like this.
  2. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Cool :) I was hoping you would get the tobby for this weekend. And you have to guess what are the names hehe.

Morse, mecompco, fishnbanjo and 9 others like this.
  3. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

4noggins Nutty Professor in a Peterson 80s. Where is the inventor of this tobacco? Darjeeling tea. 16C(61F)H43%

Morse, mecompco, jpberg and 13 others like this.
  4. WalkinStick

That's what I figured. Since I can't get them in the states, I doubt I'll be able to! :byg:

mecompco, YAPPG, dBear and 4 others like this.
  5. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

If we can drop in on dwaugh with booze & pipes & tobacco en-tow, I'll start checking flights now.

Morse, highstump, mecompco and 10 others like this.
  6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Pirates lead the Reds 4-2 in the 6th, Cards lead the Brewers 2-1 in the 7th, Rangers lead the Royals 3-0 in the 8th, and the Jays lead the Red Sox 3-1 in the 7th. I guess I wasn't the only one unhappy about not getting to the whiskey cabinet. As soon as I made my last post, Stormy started bellowing wind and hard rain all around here. I didn't even know he liked whiskey!!

So now I'm smoking St. James Flake in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer. Still have some Cherry Cola left to drink. I'd have another Boylan's Root Beer, but at those prices, I save them for special savor times. It's perhaps the best root beer I've ever had. Boylan's makes several drinks and all of them are great.

Morse, highstump, mecompco and 15 others like this.
  7. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Loading up a bowl of GLP Fillmore in a Rekamepip Poker patiently waiting for halftime of the K State at Texas game. Hook Em' Horns.
    :hbang:

Morse, mecompco, SidStavros and 13 others like this.
  8. surlysoul

surlysoul Active Member

Finished my last pipe and we were supposed to eat dinner, but my wife's friend called. She said "give me 15 minutes", so I have another hour to smoke some Dunbar in a DGE nosewarmer poker.

Morse, MikeInMaine, mecompco and 16 others like this.
  9. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Chinese food eaten. Tall glass of bourbon and iced tea ready. Fringe episodes lined up on the netflix. Should be a good night in with the roommates.

MacBaren Club Blend in the Dr. G. Cardinal billiard while the roommates get their respective dish washing done.

Morse, jhguthlac, mecompco and 16 others like this.
  10. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

30 miles south of Erie. I've learned to pace myself.:dkn:

mecompco, jpberg, Wicker Man and 7 others like this.
  11. Miller319

Miller319 Active Member

Wife and daughter out of town for the weekend so me and the boy did the housework (rain prevented using yard work as an excuse). Now we are watching Big Bang Theory while I have some Early Morning Pipe in a Dr. Grabow inherited from my father in law when he passed. Chosen mainly because...its what I have on hand.

Morse, jhguthlac, mecompco and 13 others like this.
  12. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

So you mean Walkinstick is this guy in disguise??:xd:

13. Miller319

Miller319 Active Member

"Two bits, four bits, six bits, a peso. All for Zorro, stand up and say so!" --quote from the movie

Snake, mecompco, fishnbanjo and 5 others like this.
  14. WalkinStick

Alright, I was going to play along until I started this bowl. Whatever that big wet flake you sent me was, I want a pound or ten. I dried it with the Capt Method TM (Yea Capt, I just trademarked you a method). Little charring light and it's smoking itself. This stuff is great. I don't even know what to say about it. It's just damn good tobacco. I can only guess that it's from HU?

Edit: or is this Patriot Flake? Because I'm buying every ounce I can find, whatever it is.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  15. WalkinStick

Why, you're no daisy. You're not a daisy at all.

16. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Captain Black Dark in a Peterson Donegal rocky 68 with p-lip.

Morse, David Emond, psquared and 15 others like this.
  17. WalkinStick

Feeling any better, brother? I can only assume no, since you're still smoking CB. :byg:

18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Tigers and White Sox are tied 6-6 in the 10th, the Pirates beat the Reds 4-2, and they claim the Marlin-Nats game is going to be played, though they haven't started yet. I've started on my next smoke, which is HH Vintage Syrian in a 1990s smooth Peterson Captain Pete XL80 bulldog. This is the first time I've tried this blend, which I got from Sutliff to review. So far, so tasty!

Note to Stormy: You got a little quiet a few minutes ago. You catch up to that whiskey yet? Hhhmmmm.... where is that Saint Bernard???

19. Cody Pearce

Cody Pearce Member

Filling the cob with some Shockoe Valley Vanilla, for my rainy drive home from work. It's pouring. My car smells a lot better than it did before I smoked a pipe..I probably do too.

Morse, David Emond, psquared and 15 others like this.
  20. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

still can't taste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.