1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

I feel your pain. I spent about 3 weeks last year with a nasty sinus "thing" that almost ruined the pipe for me. Hope it goes away soon.

Morse, David Emond, jhguthlac and 8 others like this.
  2. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Kinda quiet at my house tonight
    dang near boring...

smoking a bowl of grey havens
    while looking for car parts online

chugging a dr pepper

:chug:

edit:
    guess my cheap car parts are only going to get higher in price
    because my car hit the mark of OLDness where in demand is now considered specialty items
    :loser:

3. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Hope Simon and Ted are back to normal soon.
    For me it is a sad night, the last two coins of Davidoff Flake Medallions are now in Pirate Jim's Hat, there maybe a few crumbs left in the tin, but those will follow the rest of their brethren and be consumed by flame soon enough.
    Such is the life and death of worthy tobacco, and even M79 so I have heard.
    Oh, and Ice tea

Morse, highstump, Lucky Duck and 21 others like this.
  4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Well, they finally did call the Marlins-Nats game. They knew it was going to rain all night, and why everybody had to wait and wait hopelessly is strange. Anyway... I enjoyed the H&H Syrian, and am part way through this bowl of Blue Danube in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.95) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with chilly li'l icebergs is my drink. Going to find my next smoke and concentrate on work.

5. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

We have the makings of a party . I'm about 45 min. from dwaugh driving in psquareds direction. P2., I have cousins in the Cambridge Springs area not far from you. I suppose we should inform dwaugh before we show up though.

Morse, WalkinStick, psquared and 9 others like this.
  6. JimInks

I'm listing my next smoke a few minutes early: Tilbury in a 2002 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton. It's become one of my top five favorite VaBurs.

7. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

It's a cool one out there tonight in Toronto, but I'm loading up my birthday Julius Vesz pipe with some McClelland 3 Oaks. I've also got a Toscana cigar I might light up a little later. Oh...and some beer :D

[​IMG]

8. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

3 Nuns in a Bang 1/4 bent apple, and some Russell's Reserve.

9. DrZarkov

DrZarkov Member

This is "The Garden of Earthly Delights" circa 2013

Keep up the good work,
    DZ

Morse, PipeSimmo, WalkinStick and 9 others like this.
  10. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

Party at dwaugh's house.

11. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

After a great bowl of HAl o da wynd at my nephews wedding I am settling down with a sweet bowl of nutty Irishman in my meer.

12. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

I'm smoking Princes Street in a black rockcob right now and getting more LEOishness out of it than in a briar or a meerschaum.
    I'm quite enjoying this smoke and wondering just how much an effect temperature control has on the other tobaccos I smoke. I'll leave any analysis to DWaugh. Enough of this single fingered typing, I need to hold the pipe in one hand and pick up a cup of darjeeling tea with the other.

13. Alan Dye

Alan Dye Member

Astley's #44 Dark Virginia Flake in a really nice straight shank, saddle bit 3K Castello dublin.

I picked this pipe up about 5 years ago at a flea market. It was sitting in with a bunch of other pipes in a basket, but was unsmoked. I asked the gal about the pipe and she said that her father had passed away a year before, and that she was selling his pipes. He had told her that the Castello had been a gift, but that it was too nice for him to smoke, so it sat unsmoked for many years.

She asked $50 for it, I gave her $100. It is a lovely pipe and smokes very well.

14. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

22:30, a very late start to the day. Started the day with an altercation with a street 'musician' who thought he was the reincarnation of Frank Sinatra. I can't but notice that the lousier they are the louder that damned mic will be. The drunken fool set up under my window, literally rattling windows with his volume. Now he knows the perils of grumpy old farts and he went away with his teeth in tact. I hate starting the day that way. So, I'm headed for the roof with coffee, a freshly cleaned Grabow and yes, you guessed it, Carter Hall. That will make everything better.

And no, I was not risking life and limb on the street, I was accompanied by a very large uneven tempered young neighbour who did a lot of glowering over my shoulder whilst I reasoned with the offending individual. I'm grumpy but not stupid. I now owe the large young man a six pack but it was well worth it.

15. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Despite being past noon and having been up for hours I'm still having trouble waking so it's time for some GLP Chelsea Morning in the MM Legend with very strong coffee. Not sure about Paths Not Taken, the rest of the Nightside series have been strong but this one is taking it's time getting anywhere.

16. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Post-show bowl of Best Brown #2 in the Parker. Soon it will be bedtime.

17. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Pirate Kake in the Oppenheimer Falcon. We start construction on the next model this week. Only five members will understand what I mean.

18. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Pipe clubbing it tonight in my place tonight! Having a lot of fun. Currently smoking somee HH Mature virginia from 2007. Thanks LD!

Morse, YAPPG, WalkinStick and 20 others like this.
  19. JimInks

Listening to old radio shows, working, drinking ice water, and now smoking MacBaren Three Nuns in a mid-late 1930s straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair. And I still made time to feed Suzy and Molly. Not that I had much choice. I was sitting in my chair in the studio and both of them were scratching at my pants leg trying to get my attention. So, I looked at them and said, "You girls hungry?" Molly meowed back, and Suzy started walking away from me, which is her way of saying "Follow me to the kitchen, ya lazy slob!" A good soldier always obeys, so I fed them trout, which should keep them happy for a little while.

Morse, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 19 others like this.
  20. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

A bit of Esoterica Pembroke in my (large!) paneled Ferndown bark billiard. Haven't packed this pipe in too darn long!

Morse, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 16 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.