What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

There's a layer of Princes Street smoke hanging in the room. Just walked through it with a bowl of Princes Street burning in a Peterson Dracula 69. Darn, it smells good in here. 10C(50F)H55%

Morse, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 17 others like this.
  2. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Your cats eat better than most of us. :)
    22:50- Feeling much calmer now, coffee and CH worked its magic. Now its time to try the Wessex Burley Slices in the Pete, my best flake pipe. Its a working night so sticking to icy Coke zero in spite of a strong desire to put some rum in it.

Morse, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 18 others like this.
  3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Almost! They won't eat Friskies any more, and m'lady bought a bunch of cans of various Fancy Feast products among a couple of other brands. She also found a place that sells off-brand tuna in a can and it's about the same price as regular wet cat food, so we stocked up on it! And we always leave some dry food out for them.

Which reminds me. I have a slice of pepperoni pizza left. Now, I'm hungry!!!

Morse, YAPPG, Thuber88 and 12 others like this.
  4. moosecop

moosecop Member

Bosperus Cruse? Bosphrois Cruise, I cant remember how to spell it I left the can in the truck in a fishtale irish army peterson but I do like the p lips better. Can replacement stems be found for these>?

Morse, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 14 others like this.
  5. JimInks

Now that I've eaten pizza, I can go on to my next smoke, which is Dark Twist Roll Cake in a medium bend straight grain 2000 Winslow C silver spigot. The first bowl I smoked earlier today was very tasty, and now I want to see how it does in a pipe with a wider bowl.

Moosecop: Bosphorus Cruise is the correct spelling. And I know there's a place who does replacement p-lips, but I don't recall who. Somebody on this forum will know the answer, though.

6. muddler

muddler Active Member

Overcast with a chill wind that feels like it has an edge of the Antarctic on it. Looks like rain. I'd be grateful for that. No great plans for the day yet. Might end up tying flies. First bowl of the day is SG BBF in a Pietenpauw Rhodesian.

[​IMG]

Morse, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 21 others like this.
  7. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Some Conoisseur´s Choice in my Pete Aran 15. PG Tips. On my balcony. It´s a grey september morning.

8. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Sugar Barrel in a Barling rusticated Dublin. just back from saying cheerio to the lady who is off to uni in Leeds. Back in two months. This sucks!

Morse, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 16 others like this.
  9. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Congrats. That drying plate will look good with any tobacco out there.

Davidoff Danish in a straight MM Pride ... though I somehow think LBF might be on the late night menu.

Morse, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  10. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Gray morning here in The Hague typical for this time of the year I am told. Taking my coffee in the garden with a bowl of Plum Cake in the MM Diplomat. The octopus dinner was delightful, savory, tender and meaty. Down to our last week here and I know we will really miss the grandson. He will be three next month and it has been fun seeing the changes in him over the summer months. They will be coming to the states in six months which should help to make our parting less tearful. We had forgotten how much fun the toddler period is since our two stateside grand kids are now teens.

Morse, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 20 others like this.
  11. User4408

User4408 Active Member

One of my favorite combos ... Luxury Twist Flake in a Savinelli 122 Toscana.

Now I've gotta figure out if I'm gonna have that before or after the LBF that FnB enticed me into.

Finishing up some Davidoff Danish in a straight MM Pride ... delicious to the last puff.

Morse, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  12. JimInks

Listing this smoke a few minutes early because Suzy and Molly keep distracting me from working. They keep rubbing against my feet and meowing, so I got up, followed them, and they both ran to the stop where they know I keep their favorite toys. They want to play "catch the ear plugs." So I'll play for a few minutes and hope they let me get back to work. In the meantime, I'm about to smoke MacBaren Navy Flake in a 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot.

13. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Borkum Riff Bourbon in a Ratos New Standard dublin. On my balcony. Now off for a long walk with my yuongest grandchils (hopefully sound asleep) in a trolley.

14. Kayla

Kayla Active Member

Hi all
    Schulte's in Vero beach, fl replace P-lips onPetersons and does a fine job. I have had three done him so all my Petersons are fine now. The drill is you send him pipe and he calls you with the cost. You then mail him a check. Old school style. He sends pipe as soon as he gets check. Really pretty quick turn around.
    Anyway I 'm hooked on P lips as it does stop tongue bite for me.
    Also hooked on Condor. I trying to source it from MrSnuff. Anybody order from them?

Can't sleep in Georgia
    Kayla

15. Kayla

Kayla Active Member

Here is the contact on P lip replacement

Schulte's Pipe Repair Service
    678 Old Dixie Hwy
    Vero Beach, FL, 32962
    tel:(772) 564-0079
    (0)

16. JimInks

I didn't want to go to bed without my breakfast, so thanks to DBear, I'm smoking Early Morning Pancake in a smooth straight late 1970s Tinderbox Selected Grecian Briar Dublin. See you folks in a little while.

17. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Windy morning here in southern Maine, not the best pipe smoking weather but I got through a bowl of Mixture 965 with some fussing to prevent the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem from getting too hot. On to PRM #3 and #4 will follow shortly, Good morning PSFer's....... :ccup:

18. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

I am watching: The Road to Guantanamo [2006]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and i am smoking: Cornell and Diehl Turkish Izmir.

Morse, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 20 others like this.
  19. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Loading the Grabow with Nightcap in preparation for an early retirement.

20. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Smoking Hyde Park in the Mr Brog bulldog with english breakfast tea on the side. Still reading Paths Not Taken, feels like it might be starting to move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.