What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Better than being a fair weather fan :th1: I've been a Red Sox fan my whole life, so I kinda feel the pain :byg:

Lucky Duck, psquared, dBear and 4 others like this.
  2. WalkinStick

H. My fiancée laughed out loud when she saw that you hadn't labeled the bags. She knew it'd drive me nuts trying to figure out what they were :byg:

3. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

Mornin all. Smokin some strong English (always English on Sunday morn). In this. Sanitized the pipe but haven't had a chance to redo it yet. Trying to finish a meer up for a Noob. [​IMG]

User4408, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 21 others like this.
  4. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

ahh yes :), Hollys discovery from Dan tobacco. Similar version of Old Ironsides. A bit sweeter then OI. You can order some from their website.
    [​IMG]

Morse, User4408, Lucky Duck and 22 others like this.
  5. WalkinStick

I'll definitely be ordering some. That stuff is awesome.

Morse, User4408, Lucky Duck and 14 others like this.
  6. User4408

User4408 Active Member

The earlier bowl of Davidoff Danish in the Pride was so good, I'm doing a repeat.

Had a twitch when I woke up yesterday ... blocked sinuses. Things started getting ominous when I saw TedVig's and Simmo's posts :beyes:

So my wife hauled out the neti pot and I did 2 warm salt water nasal rinses about an hour apart. About an hour after that I broke out in a sneezing jag. Not a good sign, I thought initially. But 5 minutes later my sinuses were completely clear. And, Man, did I want a pipe!

Getting waylaid by sinus problems is no fun. So it's good to hear that TedVig's on the mend. Let's hope for a good report from Simmo as well. He seems to have been working hard lately and probably needs a solid block of R&R with his pipes.

Morse, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 19 others like this.
  7. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Nice Pipe !
    looks like something a person could spend hours buffing into a shiny bright gem

:th1:

Morse, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 13 others like this.
  8. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

9. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

So I had a second bowl right away. Captain black dark in a cob. I'm definitely starting to feel better. My sense of taste is returning. I've had a thing for black Cavendish ever since I was a teenager. Back then it was argosy black. Every time I smoke BCA or captain dark it takes me back. I got some pipes and cigars argosy match but it's not quite the same. It's dryer and different. Maybe the pouches I used to get were fresher? Anyway, I'm rambling. If you like black Cavendish, this stuff is a-ok.

Morse, User4408, Lucky Duck and 21 others like this.
  10. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Finally a night with the windows open, I love sleeping with a breeze. 55 here this morning calling for 85 as a high.

I was going to smoke some Penzance in my Dunhill but I need to wait for really clear skies, if the Angels are going to sing, I want to be able to see the rainbows shooting out their butts.
    So instead I'm smoking it in a Larson Prince. I just started brewing the second pot o coffee.:rolleyes:

Morse, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 21 others like this.
  11. David Emond

looking forward to you trying out the R flake hehe

Morse, YAPPG, dBear and 7 others like this.
  12. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Glad to hear you are feeling better! There's definitely something going around in my neck of the woods.

User4408, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  13. WalkinStick

That's actually the one I was eyeballing next. Did your package show up yet?

Morse, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  14. David Emond

Good :). I didn't receive anything yet but im sure this week , our customs are slow big time.

Morse, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 7 others like this.
  15. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Morse, User4408, YAPPG and 9 others like this.
  16. WalkinStick

Yea, I think it took about a week for JDTO to get his from me. I'm excited to see what you think :th1:

Morse, YAPPG, mecompco and 4 others like this.
  17. Greg H

Greg H Member

18. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Try being a lions fan. Btw. Did they mention if des Bryant is playing yet? I have him on one of my fantasy leagues. I also have Jason written so you can bet ill be rooting for your cowboys as well.

1776 old dominion in my Roma. Windy out. About halfway back in the garage looking out to blue skies and low 50s.

Morse, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 16 others like this.
  19. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

I have quite a bit of work to get done this Sunday afternoon. Web page with about 7 link pages for a coming soon restaurant/bar/music venue. Domains to transfer to other hosting accounts. Already woke up and got another company onto a 2010 hosted Exchange.. Lots of hacking to be done, and I can't decide on what to smoke. Really wanting to fire up one of the Perdomos I picked up yesterday. I think those should be saved for a special occasion. Maybe after I finish all this work!

Ahh, I take that back. Shouldn't have to hack together any manual coding, she only wants to start out with using a template and then a couple months down the road start in with some manual CSS/PHP.

Saves me hours.

I doubt this is a good idea, but I think I'm going to go with MacB Honey&Chocolate in my Leonessa Briosa apple.

Morse, User4408, Lucky Duck and 17 others like this.
  20. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Walkabout was on and off sprinkles, mist, showers yada yada but we manned up and Levi ended up with a good outing and the Tsuge Tankard kept itself lit w/o issue smoking Dust in the Wind's RockCob Blend July 1st Run, back home chilled so a nice strong Jamaican Blue Mountain in the PRM, black of course, was called for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.