What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Busy morning trying to get everything done before the AC races. The Rekamepip Octagonal cob got a serious workout with Button Bay. Escudo in a xxl IMP meerschaum while watching US win both races, talk about coming back from behind. Trying to relax a little with Tilbury in a BST Canadian while dinner is cooking. 17C(63F)H36%

2. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Dinner was amazing. Time for some Rum Flake X2. I've got my buddy firmly set in the ways of the pipe smoker. It's on now.

3. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good evening everyone. Got a lot of catching up to do. I'm smoking Mac Baron HH Mature Virginia in my rekamepip Red Rock Cob. I'm trying to wrap my mind around this blend. I've never had anything like it. Almost every puff produces a different flavor. Anyway, this is my last pipe for today. Puff on PSFers!

psquared, fishnbanjo, Stormy and 19 others like this.
  4. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Just finished a bowl of Old Ironsides in the Duca Carlo apple.

I don't like the topping on it but the tobacco is very nice. I have yet to like something by Dan Tobacco. I did not like Devil's Holiday at all, and berry aros are my jam when it comes to aros.

Do they all have that same topping/flavor?

5. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

17:00hrs- starting earlier today with blessed CH in a grabow with monster strong coffee. lately I wake up feeling most foul for the first hour. My age has finally caught up with me for real, or two weeks with no CH drove me insane. Either way, its bad. I live in a very busy downtown location. When I first wake up I want to lean out the window and spray the street with hot leaden death. Fortunately, being in Canada, I have no device for spraying such things and wouldn't Really want to anyway, there is always so much paper work involved.. Headed to the roof with CH and coffee hoping my mood will quit imitating the soggy dark cloudy weather.

6. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Getting my Lat fix for the day. Penzance in a Digby. Getting ready to watch Sunday's night game between the Bear's and Steeler's. Pulling for the Steeler's in this one! Glad those who went to the Chattanooga Pipe Show had a great time. Wee bit jealous. Y'all have a fine fine evening!!

7. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Some old Balkan Sobranie in a Falcon. Coke Zero as my drink of choice. Man! you all posted a lot today. Took me forever to catch up.

8. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

psquared, fishnbanjo, dBear and 9 others like this.
  9. user3221

user3221 Active Member

~ special curly ~

100_4920.JPG

10. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

11. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Taking notes for my next t.a.d. order.
    if every puff produces a different flavor in red rock cob

then i might be able to dump half of my current online shopping cart

12. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Blue Note in a Rock Cob with Pepsi. Great weekend and going to grab a nap in front of the TV before bedtime.

13. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Evening everyone,

Going outside for a bowl of 300cube cut from Uhles, of course in a cob :).
    [​IMG]

14. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Hello. Having some Peretti's Royal Blend in a twin-bore Radice.

Wrapping some text in XML to get sent to the design team (which I a member of, lol), and it's going to be a hell of a busy week. Should be good though. Busy but rewarding.

15. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Perhaps a slight exaggeration, but not by much. Mac Baron HH Mature Viginia is comprised of over twenty varieties of tobacco. Only fifteen of which are actually Virginia's. you'll also find oriental and burley in this blend. The tin note is atrocious, but I enjoy it. The blend is aged to marry all the flavors. Some puffs only produce the flavor of one variety. In other puffs there is a symphony of flavors. I've only had three bowls of it, so I haven't developed a full opinion on it yet. I can tell you that I like it. I will not be getting rid of half my blends, I'll tell you that too!

16. Mount Mandolin

Do what now? Lol. Not trying to be obnoxious but are you sure your pipe doesn't have a ghost in it or something? Old Ironsides is a complicated blend with quite a few constituent tobaccos, from what I know of it, but I have never ever tasted a topping. This is the first time I've ever even heard it suggested, actually.

I dunno, maybe someone else can chime in here, but I've never gotten any hint of a topping from it. I think I'll smoke some in a little while and put my palate to the test. You've got my curiosity piqued now.

fishnbanjo, nicktrap, dBear and 5 others like this.
  17. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Yes, that captures the feeling perfectly.:rofl:

Time for some 10Ruskies in the Pete.

18. Mount Mandolin

Hey, take solace in the fact that now, rather than living up the road from me, in a sweltering hell hole, you live in a place that without the tall buildings and millions of people would look right at home in, say, Switzerland. :D I'd kill to live where you live, Mac. Although I do think I'd get a place outside of town if it were feasible.

fishnbanjo, nicktrap, dBear and 4 others like this.
  19. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Condor Long Cut in the Pete System

20. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Been busy researching for a project, so I picked a big bowl pipe to do that with: Berkshire in a 1978 slight bend CAO Turk's Head Meer. I'm done now, and will go on to other work as soon as I decide on a sweet smoke for contrast to the last one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.