What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Okay. I decided on a short smoke: A Taste of Summer in a straight 2012 MM Mizzou cob. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with idle li'l icebergs is my drink.

2. Alan Dye

Alan Dye Member

Mid afternoon was S. G. Best Brown Flake in a Darius Christian bent blast dublin with a beautiful birdseye cap.

Last pipe of the day was Grainger in a cob while watching the sunset and waiting for the cat to come in from her daily mouse hunt.

3. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

Royal Yacht in my Moretti half bent with a cuppa Tetleys. :puffy:

[​IMG]

4. ReeRan

ReeRan Member

Distinguished Penguin in my Italian-made basket pipe. The tobacco is good but no matter how slow I sip on that pipe it inevitably develops a frustrating gurgle; I need a minimum of three pipe cleaners with that pipe. Alas, I may hate the pipe and forever remove it from the smoking rotatiuon, but I will never let it part from my collection. There is something far too sentimental about my first briar pipe, even if it isn't worth smoking.:(

5. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

University flake in a small rusticated Pierre Morel billiard. Excellent smoke.

6. Morse

Morse Active Member

That's a great tie - what I am really interested in though is whatever is in your top pocket. A watch?

7. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

OI does not have a topping, pure meat and potatos Lat Bomb. Its brother Hollys discovery does have more of a sweetness to it then OI.

8. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Tilbury in a Matzhold Volcano along with some Russell's Reserve

9. JimInks

Still working and now smoking Tilbury in a 2000 thin stem sandblasted black silver band spigot Ardor Urano S. Holmes #68/100 D.R. briar calabash with a smooth flared top. I've been listening to The Presidents series in C-Span3 this evening. Woodrow Wilson has been the subject of tonight's show.

10. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Long afternoon fighting a computer at mom's, had a bowl of IRC 3 star banner lite with Aldo on the way to and from, and having another bowl of the same now in the GBD/Comoy Bstrd smooth Zulu, and ice tea,........ debating food, and my next smoke, and sleep

11. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

has it a Stinger or any other metal device in the stem when you take it apart. If so, removing that prolly would help with the gurgle.

12. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Tonight it's some SG Navy Flake in the Vesz Dublin.

[​IMG]

13. JimInks

Still doing all the things I mentioned, except now, I'm listening to MLB talk on the XM, and smoking HH Vintage Syrian in a 1990s smooth Peterson Captain Pete XL80 bulldog.

14. Dr Dover

Dr Dover Member

Trying two of the Peterson blends. Sherlock Holmes and Universty Flake. So far, I am enjoying both.

15. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

I got a sampler of cCaptain Black cigarillos a while back - finally tried out the vanilla today (was ok) and followed that with some G&H American Delight in my '13 PSF POY.

16. User4408

User4408 Active Member

The MV is some amazing stuff ... one of the few blends out there with fire-cured Virginia. There are so many flavors in there that it reminded me of the old Balkan Sobranie Reserve, an ancient treasure that's long gone. It's surprising few people mention it here. I'm guilty of that too.

Newminster SNF in a DH Diplomat ...

YAPPG, David Emond, Rockbass and 14 others like this.
  17. Morse

Morse Active Member

And last night the bride and I watched Hot Fuzz - also brilliant!

18. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Glad you can feel it again!

Dr Dover, YAPPG, David Emond and 8 others like this.
  19. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Peterson´s Conoisseur´s Choice in a Pete Aran 15. PG Tips. On my balcony. A rather brisk september morning.

YAPPG, David Emond, psquared and 12 others like this.
  20. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Me too! I'm surprised it passed so quickly. I guess I won't miss any more work...damn.

YAPPG, David Emond, Rockbass and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.