1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? September, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. briandevlin

briandevlin Member

C&:D Night Train in a Metcalf 4panel poker. :p:uffy
    [​IMG]

Sent from another galaxy using Tapatalk 4 beta

2. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

:appl:

http://www.sttiggywinkles.org.uk/index.html

William P. Solomon Presbyterian Mixture.

3. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Thanks for leaving some! I almost didn't try it--smelled like the usual light Lat blend. It is rather different, though. Perhaps I'll snag enough for another bowl before the box leaves for NM this afternoon.

Thuber88, Morse, YAPPG and 11 others like this.
  4. Cody Pearce

Cody Pearce Member

What are your thoughts on Plum Cake? I'm tempted to order a tin.

5. muddler

muddler Active Member

A busy morning buying the last of the perishables for our trip to Mozambique. So I won't be posting for the next two weeks. I've packed ten pipes & an excessive quantity of tobacco for those evenings watching the sun go down over the lagoon. THe mornings are spent out at sea on the boats, the afternoons spinning in the lagoon. Should be great. Went last year as well & had a ball. Right now I'm puffing on some Astleys 109 in a Pietenpauw billiard. Life is good!

[​IMG]

6. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Not really fond of it, probably will not order it again. A bit too much Nic for my taste. I really have taken a liking to Troost Slices. The Virginia Flakes are more agreeable to me, but I am pretty new to this. I know that fishnbanjo likes Plum Cake and he is certainly a better source than me.

Thuber88, Morse, jpberg and 12 others like this.
  7. Cody Pearce

Cody Pearce Member

I see. Well, thanks for the info! I'll see if anyone I know has any, so I could try it without having to order an entire tin.

8. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Last smoke before sleep is MacBaren Navy Flake in a 1980s Peterson 314 Full Bend black Sandblast system pipe. And reading baseball box scores.

Thuber88, Morse, YAPPG and 20 others like this.
  9. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Syrian Full Balkan, in a bent and blasted Dublin.

Alan Dye, Thuber88, Morse and 15 others like this.
  10. SmokingRhino

SmokingRhino Member

Morning all! Starting today with a Barber B-line poker full of PS Bulwark Flake

11. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good morning everyone! PS LNF that I loaded and char-lit last night for the expressed purpose of DGTing this morning in my MM Spoolcob. Large brown mug of black coffee to quicken my pace slightly.

Alan Dye, Thuber88, Morse and 22 others like this.
  12. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Dang, read through last night and forgot my usual Goodnight Mrs. Calabash wherever you are coupled with see you in 4 or so. Then I get up at 0300 and picked a packet of what was supposed to be Virginia #1 from the $100 box and :confused: it was brutal and the first time in a millenia my first smoke of the day downright sucked, I couldn't get it out of the pipe fast enough, hell I'm still apologizing to it for having put it there in the first place.

Between that start and nearly 9 pages of :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah: I'm paying my penance :csmile: So to make reparations to all those under the weather I quickly loaded my next pipe with Strang Curly Strang, thanks to PipeSimmo who I am smoking it for along with all my fellow reprobates, who for reasons beyond their control, can't have a smoke and it was :bow: much better.

Now after a tour of town in the SL500 listening to Juice I'm standing here with PRM#5, strong and black, getting ready to hit the shower in readiness to preparing for ivIG. So to all you PSFer's out there Good Morning. :byg:

13. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Thuber88, Morse, dBear and 8 others like this.
  14. sonarman

sonarman Member

Good Morning! Lost a few days due to duty and all that. Right now I'm smoking some Ennerdale in an Apple Cob. Thursday is here long day tomorrow and duty again on Saturday!

15. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Starting the day with the MM Diplomat loaded with last of the FMOTT.

16. ryan65

ryan65 Member

first bowl out of my New Dunhill, decided on 965 and its smoking perfectly so far! the briar's definitely been sweetened with something but I have no idea if its "oil cured" or not. Whatever it is, it seems to bring out the sweetness of the tobacco so I have no complaints :)
    what impresses me the most about this pipe is the draw, I barely have to puff on it to get a good volume of smoke. I was worried about dropping so much on a new one with all the chatter about how "they don't smoke like they use to" but so far I have no regrets. I need to buy a few more before I'm sold on the quality of New Dunhill's but the one I purchased was worth every penny.

Morse, dBear, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  17. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

Good Thursday morning PSF.
    Black Maxwell House and Erinmore flake in the Viking.

Thuber88, Morse, dBear and 17 others like this.
  18. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Good morning, all.

Sir Walter Raleigh in a cob, Tetley's on the side.

19. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Good morning all. The baby woke me up really early so I just went ahead and started working. Having some McC's Full Dark English with coffee.

20. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Morning coffee in cup and sugar barrel for the pipe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.